"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 07:12:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Esc" closes chat box  (Read 1497 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
"Esc" closes chat box
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:20:38 pm »

This would probably require some changes in the game engine.

Right now while you have the chat box open, pressing "Esc" key does not close it but opens the "Options - Exit - Resume" menu. However, "Esc" key does close the Inventory, Pip-boy, and Character sheet. I think it would be cool if "Esc" key closed the chat box, because I have more than once found myself facing unexpected threats while typing in the chat box, which results in unfinished sentences (or just "a") and lost time.

Xarr

• Former Troll
Re: "Esc" closes chat box
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:40:40 pm »

I thought about this too...
But if you type something long and you press ESC by Mistake (somehow) you need to write it again, and time is life
Also you could Press ARROW UP to a very short message, or hold SHIFT while pressing enter if you dont have a radio tuned to transmission and no one stands near you
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:58:50 pm »

Also you could Press ARROW UP
Or simply press "arrow down" and it'll delete everything in line and then press enter to close chat.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:03:13 pm »

Or simply press "arrow down" and it'll delete everything in line and then press enter to close chat.

And lose more time :P
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 09:01:31 pm »

And lose more time :P
1) You can press those 2 buttons together, "Arrow down" with your forefinger (translator) and "Enter" with your little finger (translator).
2) You can say whatever you typed by simply pressing "Enter" twice and then shoot that guy appearing in your FoV, it'll be even better to shoot with some phrase and sometimes may be even fun.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:50:22 am »

Peoples mostly ingnore suggestions like this (type of time saving suggested many times few things, but people dont like it)
But! I will always like suggestions which help to save some time.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:05:46 am »

I would prefer to have the whole no need to hit done evertime you hit fix first if we want to save time :P

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:03 pm »

1) You can press those 2 buttons together, "Arrow down" with your forefinger (translator) and "Enter" with your little finger (translator).
2) You can say whatever you typed by simply pressing "Enter" twice and then shoot that guy appearing in your FoV, it'll be even better to shoot with some phrase and sometimes may be even fun.

1) Ah, you are right. Still, I think I'd prefer pressing Esc with my left middle finger while keeping my left index finger on A, still of using my right hand which I prefer to stay on the mouse. Wow, aren't we getting fordists here :P
2) That is what I end up doing most of the time, but I personally don't like it, as I think it creates confusion.

I would prefer to have the whole no need to hit done evertime you hit fix first if we want to save time :P

That has nothing to do with this suggestion, but trust me I hear you!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:32:17 am by Eternauta »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 18 queries.