"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 09:00:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mercs getting radiated?  (Read 3292 times)

Mercs getting radiated?
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:31:09 pm »

Do mercs get radiated? I was at the glow with some friends and left my mercs by the car, 1 square away from glow.   Now I just realized maybe my mercs got radiated!?!?!/ Is there any way to tell, and if so, is there any way to cure the radiation poisoning?

Sorry in advance if this has been posted before!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Mercs getting radiated?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:32:15 pm »

yes.  they can.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »

ok is there any way to tell, and cure? Do you think they got radiated sitting 1 square away from glow? I'm very new to glow so don't know if radiation is there or not... Thanks!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:42:37 pm »

I think you can tell by putting a Geiger counter on the hex under them. I haven't tested it though.

Only the actual map has radiation, last time I checked. I don't think surrounding random-encounter maps have radiation. I think it was meant to happen, but the feature was never put in-game.
Yes, your mercs will get radiation if they stand in encounters around Glow.

You can probably just use RadAway and it will work. Check their rad levels before and after giving them RadAway to see if it worked.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:17:00 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:44:04 pm »

I think you can tell by putting a Geiger counter on the hex under them. I haven't tested it though.

Only the actual map has radiation, last time I checked. I don't think surrounding random-encounter maps have radiation. I think it was meant to happen, but the feature was never put in-game.

You can probably just use RadAway and it will work. Check their rad levels before and after giving them RadAway to see if it worked.

Rad-away is an addictive drug, thus you cannot.  (havent tested tho)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »

Hmmm ok I don't have a  Geiger counter, know where I can get one? I was also thinking about using rad away on them so I will let everyone know if it works when i do.   Thanks for the help guys

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:46 pm »

Only the actual map has radiation, last time I checked. I don't think surrounding random-encounter maps have radiation.

"Weather" is ingame and working fine last time I checked.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 11:39:00 pm »

There's no radiation in Boneyard at least.
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 11:42:15 pm »

There's no radiation in Boneyard at least.

Last time I looked into weather.cfg it only affects surrounding areas of glow for now, but I might be mistaken. ;)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 12:15:33 am »

Okay nevermind what I said, you're right. Went to area around Glow, I do get radiation.

I haven't gotten radiation around Crater, though.

Do you think they got radiated sitting 1 square away from glow?
So the answer is 'yes' then.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:20 am »

Okay nevermind what I said, you're right. Went to area around Glow, I do get radiation.

I haven't gotten radiation around Crater, though.
So the answer is 'yes' then.

No need to feel sorry, I was unsure aswell. I do like your suggestion about the crater in the Angels Boneyard. Although it wasn't nearly as much of a devastation as what The Glow torn down, it's still a friggin A-bomb which exploded. There should be background radiation in squares around the crater. One would assume that in the great war the primary bombs where aimed at places like Ares too, to defeat potential nuke-launching sites of the enemy. I suggest making the same as in the glow around the surrounding areas.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 12:24:23 am »

It's not a suggestion it was in the changelog in March.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 12:28:34 am »

It's not a suggestion it was in the changelog in March.

Oh well then. :P I don't have the files here on this PC to check out - maybe it's just a matter of time being on the map? Will login out of curiosity to check out. :P
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 04:21:14 am »

Check their rad levels before and after giving them RadAway to see if it worked.

Hmmm maybe I can borrow this Geiger counter you speak of? Can't find info on how to get one anywhere!

edit: Just used 2x rad away per merc, no way to check rad lvls but i think that should do i hope.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:21:22 am by aForcefulThrust »
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 09:01:05 am »

Keep them radiated long enough maybe they will turn into ghouls! Yes it is a little depressing that they get radiated there but at least it stops people from constantly having 30 mercs sitting in the glow
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 23 queries.