"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 02:51:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: So much hate for PKers  (Read 12790 times)

Re: So much hate for PKers
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:58 pm »

and again same story.

this time other player, other lame. San francisco merc leader with 5 mercs ( each 86 hp with rocket luncher)

here is printscreen - i got killed and it is not even metioned at action window. If i were with 5 friends there would 5 bodies instead of one.

the funniest thing is that i had been killed, make a 1,5 hour of brake, after that took new eq from my tent and met that player again in same place and again got killed. yeah merc liders are not overpowered. situation will be same even if there will be only limit up to 2 merc maximum.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2011, 08:52:42 pm »

its just one hour for you to make 100k caps, buy stronger mercs and kill him in this easy fashion.
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2011, 08:56:07 pm »

unfortunately it is impossible - becose when i spawn with my mercs we will be gathered close in one group - such a pr0 like you ( sic!) should know about it

I i have never mentioned it is JUST ONE HOUR to gather 100k caps, so get lost.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2011, 10:09:10 pm »

unfortunately it is impossible - becose when i spawn with my mercs we will be gathered close in one group - such a pr0 like you ( sic!) should know about it
his mercs were gathered close together as well ya know...  besides if his mercs really have only 86 hp ...  I could bring mercs with 14mm pistols worth 3-5k each to that encounter and pwn them all with minimal loss of life.  :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2011, 10:10:32 pm »

his mercs were gathered close together as well ya know...  besides if his mercs really have only 86 hp ...  I could bring mercs with 14mm pistols worth 3-5k each to that encounter and pwn them all with minimal loss of life.  :P

omg your mercs are overpowered!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2011, 10:14:08 pm »

omg your mercs are overpowered!
Oh your god my mercs are trained!
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2011, 08:45:35 am »

so earn that 100k caps and pwn all, i would like to see that and others probably too. Burst militia from one hex, when people are patrolling most of the time in their towns. Go on, show us how to play.

Some of us don't like to "play" as merc leaders.

Being a merc leader is not a way to play, but a way to not play. It's a way to have your npc followers play instead.

In conclusion, some of us don't like to "not play" lol.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:49:30 am by yoz »
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2011, 09:18:17 am »

Some of us don't like to "play" as merc leaders.

Being a merc leader is not a way to play, but a way to not play. It's a way to have your npc followers play instead.

In conclusion, some of us don't like to "not play" lol.

i wish you would not like to cry along with this as well.
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2011, 08:09:28 pm »

So I guess I'm a bitch, but I don't think I'm going to play this game any more.  After traveling the wastes for, say, a week, I had enough money and experience to buy the second round of energy expert.  Upon entering broken hills, (with my third pair of MA mkII, and umpteenth magneto pistol) I was shot from the other side of the level with a rocket, and fell into a pile of other dead players.  This is after being pk'd three times in a row, all after just trying to make it to broken hills, and losing everything I had.  It's just frustrating because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about this.  I'm level 12 so I could probably take on one guy ok in a fight, but not the six that were waiting noob hunting in broken hills. That's not fun.  I guess this game is cool if you have all your little russian friends on here and can gang up on other people, but I don't see how I have a chance, so it's just not fun.
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2011, 08:28:41 pm »

I think open world PvP can be fun and challenging, but only if everyone has a chance of defeating their opponent. If level difference wasn't as big a guarantee of success as it is now, getting into unexpected fights with strangers would be great.

I'd be interested to see how the game dynamic changed if levelling up only increased your skills and perks, and every character started out with level 21 HP.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2011, 10:22:05 pm »

I think open world PvP can be fun and challenging, but only if everyone has a chance of defeating their opponent. If level difference wasn't as big a guarantee of success as it is now, getting into unexpected fights with strangers would be great.

I'd be interested to see how the game dynamic changed if levelling up only increased your skills and perks, and every character started out with level 21 HP.
Depending on their Endurance of course.  Yeah, that sounds pretty cool idea.

Alec Ramsey

• spiders, snakes, and lizards heads......
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2011, 01:29:57 am »

i hate pk'rs but i still repect the option.  never played a game before where player killing felt justified with the setting.  survival, baby, fear the open wastes. band together, and all that.  i respect the option to slaughter who you want.

that said, being killed before the screen even loads into turn based combat is bullshit.    wasnt even in the mentioned log window that i was killed. yet there i was laying on the ground before i could even START any combat. lol, thats kind of a deal breaker.   this is like the 7th time this has happened to me.  :P

giving pk'rs this kind of advantage isnt fair, because there will always be someone waiting to use it alllll damn day.   i believe that the context of the fallout universe has no meaning to this kind of player killer, and it doesnt matter what game they play, its the same old story to them.  it feels like im being shot by people who arent even here to play, they are only here because god didnt make them pigeons to shit on freshly waxed cars.    kinda kills the enjoyment.

anyways.

anyone who enjoys trashing someones good time just for the sake of it is Buzz Killington to all games.  lol, any universal fun for that matter.  if you need fucked up exploits just to gain levels, you have a shitty head that lacks imagination.    

maybe i just dont get it.  i am in no rush to get to lvl 21, i just like playing this game.  i have no prob getting shot by pk, hey, raiders are people too.  but people who have to take it to the level of unfairness are killing it for me.   do they know that on a long enough time line they alienate anyone who might be interested in playing this and they will eventually end up with empty server and nobody to kill?      is that winning? nothing left but a server full of like-minded people that have no reason to play anymore?

meh, im over it now.  sorry for the rant.

TLDR;     pk is cool, but exploits suck
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:04:43 am by Alec Ramsey »
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2011, 09:57:54 am »

So I guess I'm a bitch, but I don't think I'm going to play this game any more.  After traveling the wastes for, say, a week, I had enough money and experience to buy the second round of energy expert.  Upon entering broken hills, (with my third pair of MA mkII, and umpteenth magneto pistol) I was shot from the other side of the level with a rocket, and fell into a pile of other dead players.  This is after being pk'd three times in a row, all after just trying to make it to broken hills, and losing everything I had.  It's just frustrating because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about this.  I'm level 12 so I could probably take on one guy ok in a fight, but not the six that were waiting noob hunting in broken hills. That's not fun.  I guess this game is cool if you have all your little russian friends on here and can gang up on other people, but I don't see how I have a chance, so it's just not fun.

Pile of other bodies? Sounds like you didn't use preview and deserved to die.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 22 queries.