"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 07:19:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Few suggestions  (Read 2830 times)

Few suggestions
« on: February 04, 2010, 12:06:48 pm »

-add some damage to shotguns or give them a chance to knockdown player

-lower damage resistance for metal armors and higher against plasma and laser rifle. (Currently playng as energy sniper is bad idea)
-lower damage resistance for metal armors and armors which are better then metal armors. This is what i wanted to say, sorry;)

-autoaiming in bodyparts. I think that fighting skill should depend on character agility, not player reflex

-lower cooldown for ammunition.

-change 7,62 statistics. Nobody is using it now. Same with m60.

-Figting in RT is too fast now. Sequence/character speed/agility is not very important i RT. Make it slower, player speed should depend on agility.

-Change car prices. Cars arent worth that much of caps. 80k for scout(i was like that week ago, maybe it is higher now, dunno) is a joke.

-Eyeshots are possible almost only when i look directly to opponent. I would make this angle higher.

-Some perks are useless in RT. Like bonus move and Earlier Sequence.

-Do not allow to join red dot, made by "/h", with caravan. It makes HUGE neverending TB battles.

-Power fists, brass knuckles should not fall on ground after critical hit.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:25:18 pm by Rejfyl »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:47:45 pm »

1-add some damage to shotguns or give them a chance to knockdown player
Yes shotguns should have somekinda chance to knockdown as they have very limited range and high price

2-lower damage resistance for metal armors and higher against plasma and laser rifle. (Currently playng as energy sniper is bad idea)
that doesnt make any sence

3 -autoaiming in bodyparts. I think that fighting skill should depend on character agility, not player reflex
that doesnt neither

4 -lower cooldown for ammunition.
as well as that

5 -change 7,62 statistics. Nobody is using it now. Same with m60.
Well all weapons cant be used often anyway...

6 -Figting in RT is too fast now. Sequence/character speed/agility is not very important i RT. Make it slower, player speed should depend on agility.
agree with this

7 -Change car prices. Cars arent worth that much of caps. 80k for scout(i was like that week ago, maybe it is higher now, dunno) is a joke.
 you dont need it you dont buy it whats the problem?

8 -Eyeshots are possible almost only when i look directly to opponent. I would make this angle higher.
devs are trying to make game similar to first fallouts arent they?

9 -Some perks are useless in RT. Like bonus move and Earlier Sequence.
i think this is know to everyone

10-Do not allow to join red dot, made by "/h", with caravan. It makes HUGE neverending TB battles.
 I think there should be a limit of players, after when its reached, the combat mode auto-switches to rt.

11 -Power fists, brass knuckles should not fall on ground after critical hit.
 completely agreed
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:27:07 pm by vedaras »

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:53:49 pm »

1 Yes shotguns should have somekinda chance to knockdown as they have very limited range and high price
2 wtf?
3 wtf?
4 wtf?
5 agreed
6 you dont need it you dont buy it whats the problem?
7 wtf?
8 I think there should be a limit of players, after when its reached, the combat mode auto-switches to rt.
9 completely agreed

Correct the form of reply (maybe quotes instead of numbers that corresponds to God knows what), and change wtf into something more meaningful.
Thanks

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:18:12 pm »

Shotguns and 7.62 stuff could probably have a boost, but Metal being good vs Laser is fine - it is a lot more expensive for very little performance upgrade vs normal damage afterall.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:32:00 pm »

2-lower damage resistance for metal armors and higher against plasma and laser rifle. (Currently playng as energy sniper is bad idea)
that doesnt make any sence
//-lower damage resistance for metal armors and armors which are better then metal armors. This is what i wanted to say, sorry;) I just think that energy weapons are useless in battle between high lvl players with armors better then metal armor.

3 -autoaiming in bodyparts. I think that fighting skill should depend on character agility, not player reflex
that doesnt neither
//I just want aiming like in FT. That system is good for real time.

4 -lower cooldown for ammunition.

//Try to play as bigguner, without using alts. 300pc of 5mm ammo = 1h cooldown

5 -change 7,62 statistics. Nobody is using it now. Same with m60.
Well all weapons cant be used often anyway...
Nobody is using them now.

7 -Change car prices. Cars arent worth that much of caps. 80k for scout(i was like that week ago, maybe it is higher now, dunno) is a joke.
 you dont need it you dont buy it whats the problem?
Same as 5. I dont think that everybody should be able to buy a car. But even rich players are not using them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:38:09 pm by Rejfyl »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 02:45:56 pm »

//-lower damage resistance for metal armors and armors which are better then metal armors. This is what i wanted to say, sorry;) I just think that energy weapons are useless in battle between high lvl players with armors better then metal armor.

Yes, but Laser is the "lower" version of energy weapons. Use Plasma if you are wanting to use high-end stuff.

//Try to play as bigguner, without using alts. 300pc of 5mm ammo = 1h cooldown

This is correct. Next time crafting is updated the ammo prices will change (and 5mm especially will be cheaper than now - I rather overdid it last time because Miniguns were everywhere at the time)
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:20 pm »

I'd suggest looking at some Fallout 2 combat overhaul mods. This is the most reasonable one I've found.

Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v2.0

Few examples of the modded damage tables.

It's worth looking at, if only to see how pathetic laser weapons are with vanilla stats.

Edit: Hell, I'll post it here.

Wooo! Go lasers! You're almost as useful as the most basic small gun in the game! Also added the .44 magnum and desert eagle for comparison.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:08:19 pm by Badger »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 05:23:20 pm »

Can't see this at the moment, but I can feel corrections coming up in here tonight :)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 11:41:28 am »

yeah, the ap bullets are totally fucked up and the small guns & laser weaponry are too underpowered, the only good guns nowadays are the big'uns (DAKKA DAKKA)

sorry, i had bad luck with my spelling, i'm used to being over, not under
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:17:56 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 12:48:22 pm »

-lower damage resistance for metal armors and higher against plasma and laser rifle. (Currently playng as energy sniper is bad idea)
yeah, the ap bullets are totally fucked up and the small guns & laser weaponry are too overpowered, the only good guns nowadays are the big'uns (DAKKA DAKKA)

Come on, people, proofread before posting. ;)

6 -Figting in RT is too fast now. Sequence/character speed/agility is not very important i RT. Make it slower, player speed should depend on agility.

Yep. Maybe, for starters, AP regeneretion should be twice as slow, and running disabled during combat. I remeber that there once was no running during combat on TLA, I don't know how it is now. How did it work out?
But this would be good as a third combat mode, not to prematurely upset anyone with experiments.
BM should increase movement speed, I don't know what can be done about sequence.

It's worth looking at, if only to see how pathetic laser weapons are with vanilla stats.
[...]
Wooo! Go lasers! You're almost as useful as the most basic small gun in the game! Also added the .44 magnum and desert eagle for comparison.

Laser weapons depend on armor by-passing. They once were powerful with exactly the same stats as they have now. Even my char without better crits, more crits, or high luck was good enough with them. I don't exactly know how it is nowadays, but I feel that crits should have been left as they were, and what should be changed is the CTH penalties for aimed shots. The only change I really like is that crit chance is more dependant on luck. But then, this would make burst weapons relatively stronger. Just my random, fact-unjustified musings. ;)

edited: I meant to add: I want the penetrating perk on sharpened spear!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:30:17 pm by Archvile »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »

sorry again, spelling mistake   :-X

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:36:37 pm »

No, Armour bypasses just made armour virtually pointless.

A Laser rifle compares to a sniper rifle - Much better before Metal Armour, worse for Metal I+II+Tesla and reasonably similar for CA+. As I said before, Metal is much more expensive for little performance upgrade aside from the ability vs Lasers, so I see no balance problem at all. If they are in Metal, shoot plasma at them  :P.

Similarly, a Magneeto Laser pistol compares to a 10mm pistol with AP ammo. Better vs Leather, Worse vs Metal and Similar vs CA+

A Laser pistol does just suck though, heh.

As to BG vs Others, that's open to debate really. 
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 05:40:34 pm »

But in my concept of the game, the result of eye/head shots should usually be devastating. Hitting limbs should usually result in crippling. After all, head shot is a head shot, and armor usually only protects your torso. The thing is that my idea of reducing the occurence of these devastating effects is to reduce the chance to hit when aiming these critical parts. Armor bypassing would become less of an issue by the means of reducing chance to hit instead of reducing chance to upgrade hit to a critical or just weakening critical hit effects. I imagine a situation where it's typical that an unaimed shot has 95% CTH, aiming for limbs has 50-60% CTH, 33% for head, 20% for eyes. I would like to see more unaimed shots in action. For that, the AP cost of single, unaimed shots could be reduced by 1 AP (leaving the cost of aimed shots unchanged). So you could choose unaimed 4-3 pistol shots and 2-3 rifle shots, or you could choose to gamble trying to disarm your opponent by crippling his hand, blinding him, or just dealing massive damage. Rasing skill beyond 220 would have a point. Weakening criticals makes things kinda boring. But that's just theory, I haven't given it much thought really. I'm sure you know what you're doing.
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 05:52:44 pm »

Weakening criticals makes things kinda boring. But that's just theory, I haven't given it much thought really. I'm sure you know what you're doing.

I'd also like to see more unaimed shots. I think perhaps if unaimed shots didn't always go for the torso, we might see them be more popular. The way I see it, with unaimed you're just pointing your gun at them and plugging away. You may hit them in the torso, but you may hit an arm, leg, or the head.

If unaimed shots were randomly upgraded to hits on limbs, we might see them being more popular. Like, say, 33% chance of hitting the torso, 20% legs, 20% arms, 15% groin, 10% head, 2% eyes (taking your accuracy into account). These are just random numbers, but I think it's worth considering.

The problem is the disparity in damage between aimed and unaimed. Why make a low AP shot that's only ever going to do 20 damage, when you could spend a few more AP and possibly do 100?
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 06:27:54 pm »

Upgrading unaimed shots will move the balance even more towards big guns and bursts. Remember that minigun shoots like 30 bullets. That's about 50% chance of at least one eye hit with your numbers. The problem is that fallout mechanics were never meant to be playable and balanced in MMO enviroment.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.