"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 01, 2024, 05:01:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: important observation about the game  (Read 9452 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: important observation about the game
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2011, 02:08:08 am »

While there will be limit to 1-2 merc per alt there should be also some hard way to get them.
For example some quest or they should cost a lot of caps. People will still have an option to catch/buy slaves.
Catching slaves take some time so its much way better then buying the cheapest mercenary and equip him with RL.

All ways wich will force players to spend a lot of time to obtain One merc are WELCOME.
Quests - take some time - Good, less proxy leaders
Catching slaves - take some time - Good, less proxy leaders, also improve players interactions.
High Prices (like 50k for cheapest one) - take a lot of time to collect high amount of money (after wipe there wont be free caps in TC lockers) - Good, less proxy leaders.

Players will still have an option to have own "pet" but it wont be so easy as it is now to create 1lvl mercs commanders.

You seem bent on destroying the functionality of Followers entirely...  and this russian is bent on totally destroying them.  

50k for the cheapest merc!??!?  Are you fucking shitting me?  Play merc leader sometime.

Quests are good as long as they dont take no more than at the most 30 minutes and are repeatable, good way to get them other than caps ye.

What does this have to do with slaves?  It doesn't because,  They are almost completely useless in PvP, and this is intended.

Honestly, just take away the guns and ammo from buying mercs and you will see a HUGE decrease in their abusive usage, I promise. -.-
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2011, 02:22:05 am »

Don't tell us about realism. If you're looking for it, then it's a wrong game for you. Though, I've heard Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint had some.
hahahahahahahahahhaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
FLASHPOINT.......smfffffffHAHAHAHAHHAHA....ghosttttttttttssssssssssssHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

ok end trolling, yes 50k mercs is a completely wrong idea, actualy mercs are really hard to use in properly fight... unfortunately his "shoot everything on sight" mess everything.

i suggest a less automatized actions for mercs, more commands like "run when you see trouble", "only burst", etc. also eliminate "shoot everything on sight" for shot to the selected targets, something like use a drone

And of course, a solutuion to the alting and proxy problem.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 08:39:12 am »

You seem bent on destroying the functionality of Followers entirely...  and this russian is bent on totally destroying them.  

50k for the cheapest merc!??!?  Are you fucking shitting me?  Play merc leader sometime.

Solar said something about respawning mercs, so 50k for cheapest ones sounds pretty OK to me (but you should have to do a quest for that).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 08:47:56 am »

Solar said something about respawning mercs, so 50k for cheapest ones sounds pretty OK to me (but you should have to do a quest for that).

It is stupid!!!!!! Those who now does traps in RТ, they will continue it to do, even if the price on mercs will increase. From an increase of the price (or conditions of performance of a quest) the problem will not disappear!!!!
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 09:03:10 am »

What`s the problem? Merc Leaders are not that OP.

*Have not enough caps for buy merc I wanna to buy*

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 09:12:17 am »

It is stupid!!!!!! Those who now does traps in RТ, they will continue it to do, even if the price on mercs will increase. From an increase of the price (or conditions of performance of a quest) the problem will not disappear!!!!

Not if you are limited to one merc.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 09:17:09 am »

Not if you are limited to one merc.

Well if one mercenary will be possible only - then it will be excellent!!!
It will be properly and evenly if you really will make it!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:23:10 am by ПЕРЕЦ »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 09:39:16 am »

I forgot to said it in my previous post.
Dont forget that mercs can be lvled up. Each player who will waste some time on lvling, wont use them in stupid grid action.

To Michaelh, i played as merc leader many times, so i know what am i talking about. (Infinity caps=infinity mercs)

Summary:
1. One or Two expensive mercs per player.
2. Obtain mercs by quest.
3. Less automatized actions for mercs.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »

my summary:

1.  Take weapons away from buying mercs.  (Most important change)
2.  less automization except in bases and tents.
3.  Obtain (SOME) mercs by quest.  Who says you couldn't find a guy as gun for hire?
4.  if its really only 1-2 human mercs max they should respawn with you.  And you should be able to store them in your base so you can switch them out for others.  (Base and tent feature only)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 08:36:17 pm »

they mentioned having only 1-2 mutants somewhere.... so i'm pretty sure you would be allowed to have more human mercs then that.   Also what about slaves? if you can't have 5 slaves then they will suck sooo bad. I use to do massive mining operations at gecko mine with slaves that were allot of fun and risk.

The numbers are off and could be reworked i'm sure, but a system like this may work.
a max of say 12 slots per character that has the right special/skills to lead the max group size.

dogs = 2 slot each
slaves = 2 slots
human mercs = 3 slots
mutants = 4 slots
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 08:37:58 pm »

my summary:

1.  Take weapons away from buying mercs.  (Most important change)
2.  less automization except in bases and tents.
3.  Obtain (SOME) mercs by quest.  Who says you couldn't find a guy as gun for hire?
4.  if its really only 1-2 human mercs max they should respawn with you.  And you should be able to store them in your base so you can switch them out for others.  (Base and tent feature only)

And now a question: it is simple words and wishes, or really moderators will realize it???

they mentioned having only 1-2 mutants somewhere.... so i'm pretty sure you would be allowed to have more human mercs then that.   Also what about slaves? if you can't have 5 slaves then they will suck sooo bad. I use to do massive mining operations at gecko mine with slaves that were allot of fun and risk.

The numbers are off and could be reworked i'm sure, but a system like this may work.
a max of say 12 slots per character that has the right special/skills to lead the max group size.

dogs = 2 slot each
slaves = 2 slots
human mercs = 3 slots
mutants = 4 slots
Then you can employ 3 mutants!!!! It is a lot of!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:43:32 pm by ПЕРЕЦ »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2011, 08:40:38 pm »

And now a question: it is simple words and wishes, or really moderators will realize it???
It is fact they are realizing #4.

Don't know about the rest.

edit:  of course i meant mutant mercs, my bad.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:48:28 pm by Michaelh139 »
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2011, 07:02:14 am »

Mercenaries only need 2 things to be heavily nerfed.

A: Removing the option to have them use rocket launchers would weaken them by quite a bit. require them to fight either as snipers or bursters.
B: Adding a delay to the auto shooting.

If you still cant kill them after this, try bringing a load of 116 health point homesteaders with 14mms to take some damage while you kill the mercs and the rest takes out the enemy.

And to everyone who claims the entire wasteland is scared of mercs, spawn killing in towns, or the odd "i-take-u-2-tent-an-give-u-gun!" Merc traps are the few times when i see them.

-Ulrek
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:10 am »

Then you can employ 3 mutants!!!! It is a lot of!!

Omg you russian troll you are really sick,3munats is alot?Try huntnear SF aloneand you will see how important is mercs for releplayers,yes they are so though but dont fuck up them totaly,mercs isnot only one reason why this server is dieing itsabout many things like TB balance,a little story: I was been with 2 friends near SF huntin andafter few minutes we meet 2 BG guys with LSW's they was killing SF caravan we wasbeen 3,one guy burst me 2 times im died other burst my friend2 times he died too thenSFcaravans turn they shhot single shoot to them like 10-12dmg then WTF turnwas have those 2 guys again,so we was been more full-arned but theywas have +1 turn so we can't shoot cus we just die,that unfair too and ther was been no Mercs.So stop trollingabout mercs only they are not the biggest problem!Btw i playing this server over 1and half year and i meet Mercs in RT only 2times...And if you are so  stupid and you will follow everybody to base and then you will be pwnned by mercs...that will be your stupidity then...
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2011, 02:51:51 pm »

Omg you russian troll you are really sick,3munats is alot?Try huntnear SF aloneand you will see how important is mercs for releplayers,yes they are so though but dont fuck up them totaly,mercs isnot only one reason why this server is dieing itsabout many things like TB balance,a little story: I was been with 2 friends near SF huntin andafter few minutes we meet 2 BG guys with LSW's they was killing SF caravan we wasbeen 3,one guy burst me 2 times im died other burst my friend2 times he died too thenSFcaravans turn they shhot single shoot to them like 10-12dmg then WTF turnwas have those 2 guys again,so we was been more full-arned but theywas have +1 turn so we can't shoot cus we just die,that unfair too and ther was been no Mercs.So stop trollingabout mercs only they are not the biggest problem!Btw i playing this server over 1and half year and i meet Mercs in RT only 2times...And if you are so  stupid and you will follow everybody to base and then you will be pwnned by mercs...that will be your stupidity then...
I play only 5 months on this server, but I met traps with mercs not less than 10 times.
But for last month I have met only 1 time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 18 queries.