"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 11:06:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [A little off-topic] 3D made me popular :D Are you popular too now?  (Read 2125 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...

Seriously? Yes! I give you situation #1. This situation was some updates ago tho.
Me: *Comes from NCR bank after depositing 50k there*
Me: *Enters the bazaar*
*SDWNICR: *Comes up to me*
SDWNICR: Haraldx from the forums?
Me: Yes, that's me.
SDWNICR: Great 3D models, man!
Me: Thank you very much, however, I stand nowhere near Karpov and Gray. :P
SDWNICR: Yeah, Karpov and Gray are awesome, but I still like your models, good job!
Me and SDWNICR: *Keep on randomly talking*

Yeah, I'm popular in NCR now, yay! Nah, NCR is bad, let's move on to situation #2!
Me: *Runs around New Reno searching for victims*
*Explosion**You were critically hit for 147 health*
*Gunshots**You were hit for 42 health and were killed*
*3 PKs run up to me, one sneaker with a rocket launcher, some guy that just ran past me and another one in combat armor-like armor*
*One of the PK in Combat armor runs up to me, checks my loot*
**RUPKICA: Haraldx?
Me: Yes.
RUPKICA: Great 3D models...
Me: Thank you.
RUPKICA: But you know what they say - the wasteland is harsh.

* - Some dude whose name I can't remember
** - Random Unidentified Player Killer In Combat Armor

Has the 3D developement made you popular too?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Surf

• это моё.

If you are working on the game for some fame then you do something wrong.

Haraldx

Nah, I was just quite surprised people quite rarely payed any attention to me, now I see quite a bit more people oftenly coming up to me and saying compliments or something. It just makes me feel fuzzy and warm inside. However, yes, my models aren't uB3R 3pIc 1337, but I'm glad people like them :)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Surf

• это моё.

I didn't say your models are bad (you and the others are doing a good job) - a little fuzzy warm feeling for someone liking your work is completely ok too - but it shouldn't be the main reason why you do work. That's what I meant. ;)

JovankaB

I don't think you can say what should or what shouldn't be main reason of someone working on anything.
It's the effect of his work that matters. It's his personal business what drives him to do some work.

Even if he did the job only for fame, he gave something and he got something back. If it worked out, that's great.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 10:12:20 pm by JovankaB »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

I didn't say your models are bad (you and the others are doing a good job) - a little fuzzy warm feeling for someone liking your work is completely ok too - but it shouldn't be the main reason why you do work. That's what I meant. ;)
Why not?  Is there a health condition related to it?   :P

@topic:  I don't do 3D development and I regularly am asked similar questions.  (oh em gee iz yu michael from forumz?)  Although I don't get praised I am technically how you say "famous".   (For my post count probably. )
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.

I don't think you can say what should or what shouldn't be main reason of someone working on anything.
It's the effect of his work that matters. It's his personal business what drives him to do some work.

I don't command anyone to do anything, it is just my experience that people basing their work on "fame" sooner or later will be disappointed when their work isn't praised enough anymore.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter

i am allready popular like "you are LagMaster from the forums?" but is not from the 3D work
probably is cuz i am the no 1. topic starter, but idk

Graf

• "Next Day" developer

*3 PKs run up to me, one sneaker with a rocket launcher, some guy that just ran past me and another one in combat armor-like armor*
*One of the PK in Combat armor runs up to me, checks my loot*
**RUPKICA: Haraldx?
Me: Yes.
RUPKICA: Great 3D models...
Me: Thank you.
;D Did you got your stuff back?

Haraldx

;D Did you got your stuff back?
Nah, the guy said
But you know what they say - the wasteland is harsh.
And the next time I came back in New Reno I got killed again, this time by the sneaker guy with the rocket launcher. Obviously, he didn't know I make 3D models  ;D

I don't command anyone to do anything, it is just my experience that people basing their work on "fame" sooner or later will be disappointed when their work isn't praised enough anymore.
Nah, my models aren't actually that good to work for fame, I'm just glad people like them. Besides, I want the whole 3D epicness in the game so I help other 3D modelers.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.