Poll

Do you like the idea?

Yes
- 17 (63%)
No
- 10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roleplay-Projects  (Read 2853 times)

Xarr

• Former Troll
Re: Roleplay-Project`s
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »

This is by far the worst post I have seen since a long while.
Same  ::)
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 11:33:53 pm »

This is by far the worst post I have seen since a long while.

his purpose was show that posibilities of RP were realy a lot, i was supposing people only read "is not about a project. is about....................etc." wich means that the purpose of RP needs to be done in the wastes.
Sincerously i dont give a $=·%" to what youre saying, but another guy agreeing make me feel bad :P

ok the post is a piece of shit, i completely fail to show my poiint of see.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 03:39:51 pm »

...purple robes shouting "Virgin" and kill him making in a altar and type ".e summoning"...

<3

best fun i had in some time :)
Re: Roleplay-Projects
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 04:48:29 pm »

Like you can see by some post here, generaly speaking, players on 2238 are rather young, imature and unexperienced roleplayers, most are not even interested in roleplay (I know, its a paradox since its a roleplaying game). Game mechanics is all that interest them, I agree the game still lacks content, but still, imagination guys, come on.

Im still sure the best way to start a roleplay project is in a base like a bunker or outpost (base where you leave nothing of value). Of course someday you will register the wrong guy and some raider gang will go camp your base, have a second one ready for back-up, till you can get your base back. Nothing prevent your *gang* from traveling to other towns and roleplay there, but at least you will have a stable location where to meet and hang out.
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 08:00:22 am »

I agree with "A concerned wastelander". Try to seek  "Gray Rock Village project"  it was pretty good till some time.
As for registering wrong guys, contact antiPK groups of players (if there are still somebody), i think they would be glad to help.

As for my experience real role-play is nearly impossible in such environments. There are small roleplay server (currently 15-20 people online), with severally reworked gameplay mechanics, bunch of game-masters watching players, but it is still hard to maintain "pure rp" even there.

Since there are interested people i ll tell how it worked out, maybe something will be useful for others.

A little inroduction.
World based on alternative history, where almost all civilized towns fell due some circumstances, and there is small town-survivor.
So it is one main town - Modoc (custom map - town surrounded by fence like very huge outpost) and one main "dungeon" - Fort (several custom maps - ruins and underground filled with various mobs with small outpost nearby).
Main storyline is surviving in harsh environments.
Every player character have his/her own history-biography-style at game forum to which his play should adhere.
Low tech equipment - metal armor and hunting rifle - top, with widely use of custom home-made weapons and ammo.
Unknown people - you dont see nicks of other players, instead that you should manually name others.
And i almost forgot, there is only one life in game, no replications, death is final.

Since start there was given full freedom to players to organize any style of play they want, that is how slow evolution of social life in Modoc started.

Main plots (all events are real and had place):

1) Of couse first thing to come was struggle to rule Modoc.
Of couse it was not in way like town control here, but only virtualy - one who hold power

First was "labor union" - group of players working for sake of Modoc, it was like 6-10 people led by Bob - old black tough guy. There were different events about fortification Modoc and various social conflicts. Later Bob was killed by his friend, Joe - sapper who was suffering insanity due wrong cured desert fever.

After shocking death of leader labor union was scattered several people wanted to be new leader. They all were trying to collect more loyal mens then others, any possible way including bribing and threats.

That moment one tough mercenary arrived to Modoc. Only thing Soup wanted was money, and so candidates begun to hire him to eliminate each other.
It could result in bloodbath, but unexpectedly Modoc was under sige of raiders band. Only right solution Modoc habitants had was to elect Soup as sheriff and let him organize protection. Due combat experienced mercenary raiders were defeated and Soup to his amusement appeared to be ruler of town.

But to be power figure is dangerous and Soup ruled very short time. Combat training haven't saved him from well placed bomb  and so another period of anarchy started.

Next one to gain control of town life was Diego - ex sheriff of town far to south. His rule could be described like "suspicious guy is dead guy", surprisingly enough but townsfolk accepted him gladly. This time big boss lasted much longer, maybe because of paranoia or he just was lucky. He formed some sort of police, first well equiped and organised group with strict codex.

NCR deserters, so it is discribe next rullers of Modoc. Militia of Modoc who mostly havn't seen anyting stronger hunting rifle  were oppresed by bad-ass armored trained soldiers carrying heavy weaponry. That was natural tyranny.

----[to continued]---
I ll continue bit later if you want, its like i described only small aspect of events, NCR deserters were like 6 months ago, and i ll desribe other plots like epidemy, rebels in fort, mutants and so

If you want me to write about something particular ask here or due pm. Since our roleplay server only russian if someone will start something like that or just curious, i would like to share expirience.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:27:03 am by z0m2h14 »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 08:12:01 am »

z0m2h14 - it sounds good - but such a thing would sadly never work on 2238 due to so many idiots running around here. I wish you good luck and fun with your project, seems very nice. :)

avv

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 09:10:59 am »

If you think roleplay is impossible to maintain, you should meet Slaz from tttla.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 05:18:03 pm »

z0m2h14, your server sounds awesome, how can we join?

FstrAnthony

• Yeah Its That Kind Of Perk
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 08:11:23 pm »

i have been supplying hub with caps and amm and guns but i think no1 has been going there i have alot to help the shops so im in
I will Murk U In Cod Black Ops Ps3

http://www.youtube.com/user/FstrAnthony1457?feature=mhee
[UPDATED]my youtube black ops channels [UPDATED]
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 08:46:17 pm »

Sad thing that the server z0m2h14 told is Russian only cause its definitely sound good. Something like that on 2238 would be awesome but as others said it would be ruined but I still think another try wouldn't hurt.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.