"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 18, 2024, 04:11:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can I raise my Reputation with NCR?  (Read 1900 times)

Can I raise my Reputation with NCR?
« on: May 01, 2011, 01:56:02 am »

I kept getting successfully pick pocked in NCR by the same player. When I chased her down and fired on her one of the town guards killed me. It was the worst and my rep dropped to -300. Now Whenever I encounter NCR caravans they attack me. Is there something I can do to get back in their good grace or I'm just going to have to live with it?

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
Re: Can I raise my Reputation with NCR?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:44 am »

One way to raise your reputation with NCR is to do quests.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:08:54 am by Cola »
My current In-game name is Colan.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 02:17:45 am »

But there are only 4 quests, 3 of which I already completed. is there another remedy?

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 02:28:09 am »

But there are only 4 quests, 3 of which I already completed. is there another remedy?

Reputation in Fallout 2 is a way to measure general feeling for your character in each of the towns you visit. Reputation can be modified by doing good or bad deeds, like completing quests or killing townsfolk.

FOnline has alot of stuff based on Fallout 1 & 2, I think they use exactly same reputation system as Fallout 2.
That's what I know, maybe you should join IRC chat.forestnet.org channel: #2238 and ask a Game master, they should know.
But I'm pretty sure the information I provided is correct. It depends however, FOnline may have a different reputation system.

EDIT:

If your reputation with a faction is below -200, you gain +10 in this reputation each real-life day (But it won't go above -200 that way). If your reputation with a faction is above 200, you lose 10 in this reputation each real-life day (But it won't go below 200 that way).

Check this out:
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Reputation
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:32:03 am by Cola »
My current In-game name is Colan.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 02:35:46 am »

Reputation in Fallout 2 is a way to measure general feeling for your character in each of the towns you visit. Reputation can be modified by doing good or bad deeds, like completing quests or killing townsfolk.

FOnline has alot of stuff based on Fallout 1 & 2, I think they use exactly same reputation system as Fallout 2.
That's what I know, maybe you should join IRC www.forestnet.org channel: #2238 and ask a Game master, they should know.
But I'm pretty sure the information I provided is correct. It depends however, FOnline may have a different reputation system.

From what i remember, Fallout 2's reputation with factions only had a title, rather than any numbers.
Whereas Karma, had both numbers and a title.

So you could say its a modified Karma system.

. Is there something I can do to get back in their good grace or I'm just going to have to live with it?

Trade things to the merchants that they don't usualy trade in.
E.G Weapons to the doctor, or Healing Powder to Buster.
Everything must change.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 02:55:40 am »

useful tip hehe : you can raise reputation with a city by buying items for caps from a merchant in that city.

mrninjamonk

• Crazy 88
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 03:42:12 am »

make weak healing powders and give them to buster, the midget in the gun tent, but u must give them to him.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 04:22:14 am »

make weak healing powders and give them to buster, the midget in the gun tent, but u must give them to him.

Each weak healing powder gets you 3 NCR rep, no matter if you sell it to him or not.
Everything must change.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:05:45 pm »

Cool, thanks a lot guys.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

actually quests doesnt raise rep in ncr so dont listen to that child. To raise rep you need to kill specific type of group in encounters, for example raiders. They give +10 rep with ncr for each kill. Even better way to raise rep is to trade with traders items that are not on traders list (they are not sold or bought for base price). Also you can join faction which gives you a boost with ncr (for example slavers give +100, but it also gives -1500 with ncr rangers so i think its not worth it).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:19:44 pm by vedaras »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.