"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 02:51:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: "Did you know...?" (useful tips)  (Read 15000 times)

Xarr

• Former Troll
Re: "Did you know...?" (useful tips) [updated]
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 10:52:17 am »

- when your slave or merc will blocked or you can't talk with him, press in the Alt menu "Move to" next "Stop all actions" and then "Switch to auto move"
or "move" them to some free point
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:27 am »

did you know that hit points of mercs you buy depends on the luck skill you have? (it might be different after wipe but now its like that)
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 12:41:24 pm »

Really good selection of advices!! Thanks!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 06:33:50 pm »

did you know that hit points of mercs you buy depends on the luck skill you have? (it might be different after wipe but now its like that)
Actually I tested a bit and there's more factors than just luck. :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Re: "Did you know...?" (useful tips) [update2]
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 10:54:41 pm »

Actually I tested a bit and there's more factors than just luck. :P

Agreed that there are multiple things factoring in the hp/stats of mercs when bought.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 11:00:40 pm »

It's funny though, the merc thing, I was the first to report it a long time ago this era...  maybe, 3-4 months.  It got no attention whatsoever sadly.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:05 pm »

well what else i noticed that the price you bought them for also increases mercs hp, and hp they get on level, while making it the more they cost the better they are. But this is quite low difference if you compare to luck difference. Also mercs wont level after wipe, so no need to bother about that.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 11:14:11 pm »

Also mercs wont level after wipe, so no need to bother about that.
What...?  You can only have 2 mercs AND you can't even level them???  If this is true say good bye to follower builds entirely.

- Mercenary HP dependant on S.P.E.C.I.A.L. affect ALL bought followers actually.  Dogs, mercenaries, super mutants, slaves....  Brahmin :>  Everything.

- There's a basement in New Reno Arms, behind the rusted lookin shelfs in the top right room.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:57:17 am by Michaelh139 »
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 01:44:00 am »

well what else i noticed that the price you bought them for also increases mercs hp, and hp they get on level, while making it the more they cost the better they are. But this is quite low difference if you compare to luck difference. Also mercs wont level after wipe, so no need to bother about that.

Where exactly did that piece of information come from? (The them not leveling part)
Re: "Did you know...?" (useful tips) [update3]
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 08:29:54 pm »

If you're bored, then you can troll in NCR by this way, you'll kill 2-3 people every few minutes by this way and you may die by laught, because that's damn fun, I had tears in my eyes because of laught when I was doing that:

1) Get a merc/slave, put him to grid far away from other.
2) Get long ranger weapon like hunting rifle, etc.
3) Have low SG% skill, so you'll have 5% to hit and will almost always miss.
4) Shout "AAAAAAAAH <Name> IS UNPROTECTED!!!11 KILL HIM".
5) Then run in point blank, that he will be on bullet path between you and your merc/slave.
6) Start shoot your merc/slave like crazy.
7) People will see that and start shoot that guy, usually 1-3 people dying, in armors and with weapon.

1) Do the same as above till #3.
- - -
4) Run in point blank to some guy from respawn with only 10-13 HP and start shoot like crazy, you'll often see "Oops! <Your poor victim> was hit instead of merc. You may kill him or atleast bring to negative HP, also some idiot will try to "help" you and die with victim hahaha!

It'll make your gameplay much funnier and you'll see alot dead innocent people in NCR, as it should be!

Edit:
1) Unfortunately later they all will start hate you and will chase you with 10mm smg.
2) Also bullets ending too fast.
3) And don't load you fun with full clip if it has alot ammo there (tommy gun, AR) because of misses, there's high chance that miss can be critical and you lose all ammo.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:46:33 pm by RavenousRat »

balio666

• TSAR
Re: "Did you know...?" (useful tips) [update5]
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »

Did you know you can cripple both arms by aiming the head ? (or maybe only on wolves ??)
-> http://imageshack.us/f/825/wtfxm.jpg/
 :o

Balio, Sunder, Snooky, Nopa, Lanza, Wyrn, Slevin, Avarice, Nevins, Alistar

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 06:57:55 pm »

Did you know you can cripple both arms by aiming the head ? (or maybe only on wolves ??)

:o
It is even Possible to cripple the whole body with shooting... as example the Groin (  ;D )
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 07:34:11 pm »

...hit points of mercs you buy depends on the luck skill you have. (among other things yet to be specified) (thanks to Vedaras for this surprising tip!) ADDENDUM :  Mercenary HP dependant on S.P.E.C.I.A.L. affect ALL bought followers .  Dogs, mercenaries, super mutants, slaves....  Brahmin :>  Everything. (thanks to Michaelh139 for clarifying this a bit.)

i got a 67 HP dog with a 1 LK caracter
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »

...you have more chance to encounter a player using "both modes" combat mode

i confirm that, i played Real Time only a lot, and almost never met anyone, after i set it to both i got pretty often into TB encounters (and few RT)

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 07:45:16 pm »

It is even Possible to cripple the whole body with shooting... as example the Groin (  ;D )
what the duck? Its true or some kind stupid joke because i never cripple anyone with hitting groin or head and no double cripple in one shot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.