"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:04:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some general ideas/suggestions  (Read 2033 times)

Re: Some general ideas/suggestions
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 07:26:08 pm »

Streamlining?

Perhaps there could be quests that would enable better railroads/banks, but they are supposed to be inconvenient due to it being a wasteland.

As for stores restocking in a more useful way- that should depend on the economy, caravans getting through, etc.
HAving things too broken to be worth repairing get converted to material and the materials going into store inventory after a time delay would be good, though.

I prefer something closer to a simulation rather than something made to give players a more convenient experience.

In 2238, there is only 1 train for the whole rail network, so it being inconvenient simulates there being just one train. It is a wonder that it exists at all in game-world terms.

Yes Streamlining...

It's all well and good implemented elements in a game that in reality serve no real purpose (such as the current banking system and the train system) all for realism but the problem is it KILLS gameplay in return, realism/survival elements can be AWSOME if implemented correctly, however the developers MUST strike a happy balance between 'tough gritty survivalism' and actual fun gameplay. At the moment the game shows potential but is VERY difficult for a new solo player to break into (trust me, I AM one of those players.)

FOnline has GREAT potential however like alot of indie developed MMO's lacks a happy medium (no disrespect to the devs of course ;) ).
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.