"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 10:46:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Town Control Overhaul / Whole world gets TC  (Read 2446 times)

avv

Re: Town Control Overhaul / Whole world gets TC
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 10:47:53 am »

I doubt this still would solve the "one gang dominates" situation. Even if small gangs would be able to cap those sectors, the one big gang would just move there in matter of minutes and smash them. It's everyday life today: one night after alarm was sounded, our allies came to redding from den and killed the invading enemy gang before I could relog (3mins). To prevent this, tc has to support actually guarding or somehow inhabiting the towns rather than capping&buying militia and then leaving them empty. This way the dominating gang can't just move around the world and overpower small gangs one at a time. And then spend rest of its time in readyness to answer to any threat.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:36 am »

You say PK can't (gird) camp to blast some people trying to level up with quests? And that's a bad thing?

yes it is one of the worst. Taking away another feature from game, i dont see why it is needed. It is a risk, a thrill to do quest in modoc and run away, and it would be not anything like that if all quests would be shitty quests like in ncr "bring cigs to buster" type. And as it was said before there are many guarded towns that are empty anyway even now, so towns like modoc would just become free shitty and empty quests zone, nothing more, and i do not see that as game improvement.

Astarot

• Damn ! WTF ! Why you die so easily !
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 11:12:35 am »

Hum sorry but i can not agree that all the town become guarded... In this case is better to play to Sims... Wasteland must be dangerous... If you want NCR in all wasteland it's your problem, but i think lot of players don't want that...

Pk >>> Can not PK ( only in the wasteland or with friend or bombers ) ( robber paradise )
Apk >>> Can not APK (  only in the wasteland )

In outline, impoverishment of the game...
" Low stuff on my 'cause I was tired of loosing BA " Caled

" Stay calm tomorow will be better you'll see ! " dskpnk
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 12:35:42 pm »

Hum sorry but i can not agree that all the town become guarded... In this case is better to play to Sims... Wasteland must be dangerous... If you want NCR in all wasteland it's your problem, but i think lot of players don't want that...

Well how does that work? There's a bigger increase in the number of dangerous locations than guarded. The entire world now contains unguarded locations instead of just half of it. There's more opportunities for people to PvP. More gangs would try to capture and hold an area, meaning there's likely to be more PvP. More PvP means more danger, only the good kind which involves two groups that want to fight each other.

So what kind of danger are we actually going to lose? Shooting questers? Camping entrance grids? The kind of danger that's widely considered to alienate and frustrate players, particularly new ones?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 12:42:49 pm »

He's probably referring to that ganking/griefing won't be as easy anymore as it is at the moment.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 01:07:30 pm »

As said, it reproduces a lot of domination.

Presuming that particular half of the suggestion is tied up in domination, the real question is what to do with the guarded towns. I think we will probably try different things in each one and see what works and what doesn't. One thing I wanted to try was having one guarded except for the hours in which their window to be captured was in effect - so that town would only be unguarded for 2 or 3 hours a day.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 01:56:10 pm »

In fact, what we have now is that all towns (well, except Modoc and Klamath) are guarded already. The only thing that is going to be changed with this suggestion, is that there will be no necessity to waste money on militia which will be killed within a few hours anyway, because it gives no real protection against organized group, but it allows to abuse militia feature for killing poor bluesuits and gridcamping. Meanwhile, making PvP in a dedicated area like in the suggestion, would be just more convenient for the players.

Also, I've been thinking of the way, how to combine Badger suggestion and what Solar said and making a nice compromise between both of them:

1. The Town is guarded by the town militia, which isn't killing every enemy of faction on sight (just like it's now), it should work like NCR guards, but without of automatic reinforcements. It shouldn't be a necessity to kill militia to get control over the town. The Town itself could be captured within 2-3 hours (or maybe one exact hour, which is better) during the day, but capturing it wouldn't give any advantages to the gang, except the line in the PipBoy;

2. The PvP area isn't guarded and it could be captured only in case if the town is captured already;

3. If both (The town and PvP area) is captured, then nobody can't try to get control over the town in next 23 hours and the gang controlling it will get advantages which was mentioned by Badger in the first post.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

3. If both (The town and PvP area) is captured, then nobody can't try to get control over the town in next 23 hours and the gang controlling it will get advantages which was mentioned by Badger in the first post.[/color] [/i]

I don't know where you are from, but Europe =/= the whole World. There are different timezones.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »

I don't know where you are from, but Europe =/= the whole World. There are different timezones.

It was discussed many times already, mostly when TC was available at a certain time only (which was awesome, because everyone could prepare themselves to the fight). Anyway, according to the suggestion, there will be 14 places/towns available for seizing control over it, which means at least 14 hours out of 24 hours per day available for TC, so everybody, from every part of the world can participate.

Also, it should be quite clear, that most of the people playing this game is from Europe and Mid East (time zones GMT - GMT +4 mostly), so the peak on-line should be expected at around 21-00 GMT +2. Moreover, there will be a domination mode upon wipe, which is particularly aimed for small groups of people, which people not from Europe mostly are.

Astarot

• Damn ! WTF ! Why you die so easily !
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 03:35:43 am »

So what kind of danger are we actually going to lose?

Pk >>> Can not PK ( only in the wasteland or with friend or bombers ) ( robber paradise )
Apk >>> Can not APK (  only in the wasteland )

In outline, impoverishment of the game...

He's probably referring to that ganking/griefing won't be as easy anymore as it is at the moment.

Why not ? There is a law against that ? It's impossible to do something against gang ? Form a gang is easy ? An MMO is not for playing in group ? Solo players don't have all south to play in a relative security ?

The Town itself could be captured within 2-3 hours (or maybe one exact hour, which is better) during the day

I really like ideas that killing liberty of the game...

" Low stuff on my 'cause I was tired of loosing BA " Caled

" Stay calm tomorow will be better you'll see ! " dskpnk
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:11 pm »

So what are the similarities/differences between this and Domination? I'm curious. Is Domination going to work as a replacement or work alongside existing TC? Will TC still be mainly focused on towns? Will Domination be introduced on wipe?

As a general note, I like the idea of towns having overpowerable NPC guards. Enough to stop the kind of shittiness that a lot of people don't like, but still able to be overpowered by an organised force. I think that's great.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 03:02:23 pm »

Is Domination going to work as a replacement or work alongside existing TC? Will TC still be mainly focused on towns? Will Domination be introduced on wipe?

- Alongside
- Yes
- Yes
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »

Alright, so Domination has its own new locations, available to be captured by both gangs and NPC factions? And TC remains a separate system, the same as it is now?

Because I'd still prefer this new style of TC to be included alongside Domination, rather than Domination being placed on top of the current TC system. Iif crafting bonuses would be better kept Domination only, that's fine, regular TC could only give you caps.

My system would mean gangs capture each town's PvP zone rather than the town itself, while Domination areas are still fought over as intended - with controlled team size, for crafting bonuses, etc.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.