"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 09:10:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: What makes a PvPer Different from a PKer?  (Read 13031 times)

What makes a PvPer Different from a PKer?
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:29:20 am »

Alright, since the community seems rather divided on just what to call who. PK. APK. PvPer... i am making this topic so we can try to sort it out.

-My- understanding of what these terms mean.

1: PKer. (A player who kills everyone he meets and can kill for the single reason that it is fun. or a player that kills a large number of lower level players for fun.)
2: APKer. (A player that seeks to kill the PK's. for whatever reason, but usually for fun, and does not kill people unless given a mature reason.)
3: PvPer. (A player that just seeks to fight, not to openly kill PKers or APKers. normally allowing newbies to live if they don't get in the way, and seeking mainly to have fun, and have some good battles.)

Currently. in this session, there have only been two groups. APK's. and PK's. the PvPers seem to have left since the middle of the session. which is a shame, as now all we have are trolls and a few APK/PvPers.

Also, there has been alot more of a sub group of PKer. one which i will call "Looters".

These players mainly get their money from PKing. and robbing peoples bases. and due to their nature often are unable to function inside a larger faction, and usually betray any they join. these players are probably the most dangerous. since unlike people who just shoot people and cause a little bit of chaos. Looters destroy trust and make it harder to enjoy end game PvP, and social interaction with other players.

So in short,
PKers shoot everyone since they think it's fun.
APKers shoot the PKers since it's fun.
PvPers shoot people who can offer a semi-fair fight.
And looters are noobs and liars.

And to people who read this remember, being a PvPer rather then just a randomer PKer makes the community healthier. and looters/base rapists/trolls make it worse.

-Ulrek-

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: What makes a PvPer Different from a PKer?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:07:02 am »

Wow, you have this pretty figured out.  +1

Now then.... how do we go about solving the issues that stem from these players...?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:12:22 am »

how much time did you waste typing all of that up for no one to care btw you need to make sub classes cause im a hybrid
im a looter and a pker YOUR SYSTEM IS FLAWED YOU PHAIL AGAIN ULREK I WIN
Opulence i has it
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 03:13:22 am »

You cant -fix- other people really. trying just gets you on trial for war crimes...  ;D

The reason i made this, is so that we can clear up just what a PKer really is. a player who kills other players. not just one here and there. but plays to kill players. a PvPer just kills the ones who can fight back, and a looter is the noob that shoots you over that minigun in a muties vs BoS encounter.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:18:45 am by Ulrek »
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 03:16:14 am »

again what was the point in this post cause those people understand what they are if you cant or if someone cant i should say it that way they phail THEY PHAIL ULREK THEY JUST PHAIL I WIN AGAIN UR SYSTEM IS FLAWED HOMELESS GUY STRIKES AGAIN WAHAHAHAHAHA
Opulence i has it
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:18:19 am »

how much time did you waste typing all of that up for no one to care btw you need to make sub classes cause im a hybrid
im a looter and a pker YOUR SYSTEM IS FLAWED YOU PHAIL AGAIN ULREK I WIN
again what was the point in this post cause those people understand what they are if you cant or if someone cant i should say it that way they phail THEY PHAIL ULREK THEY JUST PHAIL I WIN AGAIN UR SYSTEM IS FLAWED HOMELESS GUY STRIKES AGAIN WAHAHAHAHAHA

Double trolololol?

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:26:51 am by Ulrek »
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 03:23:15 am »

its not trolololo... yet but im just proving a point that you wasted ur time on a topic that only people like me (epic trollerz) and my buddy mickel will post on and maybe some other nubs that i killed but ya know thats virtually everyone sept mickel cause of his mercs
Opulence i has it

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 03:32:14 am »

2: APKer. (A player that seeks to kill the PK's. for whatever reason, but usually for fun, and does not kill people unless given a mature reason.)

APK - Player that plays almost like regular PK, but wants to avoid negative reputation floating around regular PK. Plays a role of "hero" which protect some area, like specific mine or city, but usually fails it that ("it was a scout" / "he should holster his weapon" / "that minerals in his hand looks extremely dangerous" and so on). After "hero of the wastes" courtain disappears, they disappears too.

That would be my version :)

But, i can't say that APK always was so good joke like it's now. I remember one group of players which should be called Anti-PK, if this term exist in 2238 that time. That was "Spartans", which tried to stop regular PK job not by bringing death to them, but disassembling stuff needed to kill others. Sadly, after mechanics changes, only what left after them is few pics. Sniff.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 04:01:00 am »

Well, the system does not account for lying, and yes there are real APKs still. but as long as the person being shot seems to give them APK's a fairly good reason to shoot them, then they are still not being normal PK's.

As for the sciencers. people still do that. but usually it's PK's now. not APK's doing it.

-Ulrek-

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 04:02:02 am »

APK - Player that plays almost like regular PK, but wants to avoid negative reputation floating around regular PK. Plays a role of "hero" which protect some area, like specific mine or city, but usually fails it that ("it was a scout" / "he should holster his weapon" / "that minerals in his hand looks extremely dangerous" and so on). After "hero of the wastes" courtain disappears, they disappears too.
Yeah... Prewipe and the wipe before that there seemed to actually be anti-pkers... now we have this ^.

It's sad, and you know why it got this way?  Well, they still used to swarm yeah, but at least they kept their standards, but they seriously lowered their standards and started literally recruiting every guy ...and etc.  Thus, within their ranks are more and more corrupt members, giving the real anti-pkers a bad name, I would say.

Btw: anyone think about bringing the spartans back????  That sounds freaking awesome faction.  I would make a unarmed/melee character just for that.

p.s. Sexpanther, its good to see you back but did you really have to drag me into that mess? Really?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:23:58 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 04:03:13 am »

...but disassembling stuff needed to kill others. Sadly, after mechanics changes, only what left after them is few pics. Sniff.
Just grieving. But I admit what they did was a lot more creative than just bursting someone in NCR, for example.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 04:57:50 am »

PvPer , somebody who plays a game such as this for the sole reason of finding someone /thing to fight.

PKer - A bullshit term, used by many, who just don't have the ability to actually put themselves INSIDE the game world of an RPG (All of you who use this idiotic saying, need to check the definition of the genre).
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 05:38:06 am »

Granted words are just words, I think the OP has it pretty on the ball.

PVP:  I can respect.  Comparable to WoW, those are the hardcore badasses that go to the PVP arenas and earn themselves fame.  Just straight 1v1 or 2v2, whatever, and duke it out, no bullshit.  They win with skill, not bullshit cheap tactics or mods/whatever.  Best thing about them is they are usually too busy fighting legitimate and equal battles and gaining fame and rewards from such battles, to go and waste their time ganking and griefing folks.

PK:   These guys are a mixed bag.  Some just offer the occasional stupid gankfest.  Thankfully, these types usually don't stick around or they eventually get bored and turn into PVPers.  Some may de-volve into Griefers.

Griefers:  Lowest of the low.  These folks can't even get along with PKs since they are usually too im-mature to be trusted. They bring absolutely nothing to the server except for driving people away.  In WoW terms, they are usually ninja looters or the same folks who invade a guilds vent chat with a soundboard just to stir up trouble.  They get bored easily however and when there are no more people to harass, they tire of the game and hibernate until next era.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:59:37 am by Keldorn »

JovankaB

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 08:22:02 am »

There is one more type, "NCR crybaby" - a person that goes to north only to mine HQ ore - doesn't know what's going on there, doesn't know who is who, what are current events and isn't really interested in any interaction with real people there. "NCR crybaby" just wants to click the rocks. And always gets angry when killed at mine. Usually blames "APK" if the town belongs to them, even if it wasn't them, because:
A) Town belongs to "APK", so it must have been them! Or:
B) The failed to protect me so they are not "APK", they are just wannabe heroes, joke and big fail! BAAAAW!

Then the person goes back to NCR and posts some nonsense on forum how "PK" and "APK" are all the same. Never tries to come back and talk to real people to actually understand what happened. Doesn't matter if it was a criminal or maybe a mistake that could be easily solved if you talk to the right person. It's too difficult task for ore excavators.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:45:27 am by JovankaB »

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 08:26:33 am »

PK and PvP don't have differance, i think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.