"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 03:35:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Drugs question  (Read 1814 times)

Drugs question
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:08:37 am »

So I'm a bit confused with how drugs work in fonline. I've only dabbled in cigs once in game but now im gonna make a pvp character so I need some things clarified. The wiki kind of confuses me.

So for example; When I take cigs it gives me +1 PE and after 100 minutes it gives me 1 -PE If I'm not addicted can I take another cig to bring back up my PE? I dont understand how the addicted and unaddicted effects work.

You can only take a drug one time, not multiple times to rack up positive effects but after the positive effects are done do you have to wait a certain amount of time in order to use it again?

Also for psycho the +15 damage does this go for long range weapons as well?
Re: Drugs question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:09:57 am »

1) Used drug ignores addiction.
2) You can take only 1 dose of drug.
3) What? Psycho gives you 15% DR against normal type of damage.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:01:20 am »

3) What? Psycho gives you 15% DR against normal type of damage

yes psycho is a godly drug that makes a tiny man who cant take a bullet to the face be able to take 50 bullets to the face rawr. :P
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:16:43 am »

I guess i worded myself wrong. sorry about that.

After the positive effects are over do I have to wait until the negative effects are over to effectively use the drug again? I noticed that after I used a cig my PE went down a point so i took another cig and it did nothing.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:35:48 am »

I guess i worded myself wrong. sorry about that.

After the positive effects are over do I have to wait until the negative effects are over to effectively use the drug again? I noticed that after I used a cig my PE went down a point so i took another cig and it did nothing.

Let me paraphrase what RavenousRat has already said.

If you want another dose of a given drug to work, you have to wait until the effects of its previous dose have worn off, both positive and negative.

This should not be confused with the effects of addiction, which can be 'cured' by taking another dose of a drug to which you are addicted, and only appear after that drug passes through your system.

Let me illustrate that using buffout as an example.

You take a dose of buffout, which gives you +2 bonus to strength and endurance, but reduces your agility by 1. If you take another dose before your strength, endurance, and agility are back to normal, you will see no effect whatsoever.

However, if you get addicted, the addiction to buffout will reduce your action points by one. That has nothing to do with the drug itself, it's just how addictions work here. That effect will appear as soon as the drug is out of your system, and can be 'cured' by taking another dose, after which your strength and endurance will receive a boost again, your agility will get reduced by 1 again, and the addiction penalty will no longer affect you as long as the drug lasts. Of course, you can also simply wait for the addiction period to end (unless you're addicted to jet, in which case there's no way to recover from the addiction).

I hope that answers your question.

By the way, if you're looking to buy any drugs, PM me.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:37:35 am by Stration »

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:20:05 pm »

I beleive all drugs have similar negative effects, namely 1 hour cooldown for withdrawals except for Jet.

The positive effects vary checkout the wiki for that, but the negative effect is always -1ap for 1 real hour in-game.

Simply put don't use Jet until you're comfortable with the permanent effects.

Other drugs you can experiment with although you risk addiction... the withdrawals are just an hour of -1ap.  If you don't get addicted though its just a free ride so smoke them if you got em'.
 ;)

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:44:35 pm »

Only Radaway addiction is special.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 12:47:59 pm »

Is that how addiction will function post wipe? I don't like the fact that jet addicts can only function if they are currently flying on jet. If they get a few doses a day, they ought to be happy.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 06:01:54 pm »

If your character is using Jet it's supposed that you have alot Jet. Because you won't make Jet build without Jet... So they always will be flying or simply won't make Jet build. And if your character is using Jet it means he always will be on Jet if he is going to kill people or else you won't go kill people, because your build won't function how it's supposed to. It's like play for BGer build with pistol or SG sniper build with knife. If you have no BG weapon for your BG build, will you go to fight with pistol? No, you'll get BG. So addictions are nothing and useless anyway until they're working like now.
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 04:47:10 pm »

Another drug Q:

If i got a BG with 4 str and if I take enough drugs to raise the strength up to 7 does this help with the negative penalty on using big guns do to the 4 str?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 05:37:13 pm »

Another drug Q:

If i got a BG with 4 str and if I take enough drugs to raise the strength up to 7 does this help with the negative penalty on using big guns do to the 4 str?

Obviously yes. It's your actual strenght when you shot which is checked.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 22 queries.