"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 02:41:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 3431 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Portal 2
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:28 pm »

so the game launched, and as soos an i puted my hands on it, i finished it
it was....something, the story was totaly retarded, but i liked the gameplay

now here you can disscus Portal 2, invite others to play it co-op, and ask how to get pass a level

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
Re: Portal 2
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 08:02:15 pm »

I haven't played that game that much, but It's a decent game in my option.  :)
My current In-game name is Colan.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:30 pm »

Portal was an excellent fps logic game. Storytelling was imho very good considering that whole game was made out of few rooms and engineering areas. Also you've met only 3 NPCs during the whole game (I'm counting companion cube too  8) ). But true game started with challenges, where you could re-play puzzle rooms and your goals were to finish them on time / with minimum steps made / with minimum portals created etc. But sadly storyline was very short and challenges were actually pretty easy to solve too. But apart this Portal was amazing fun.

I generally like Valve's games and I think that from what I've seen from trailers / ingame footage, then they've done well with Portal 2. All they had to do to satisfy me was to create new puzzles and create another storyline. And I would be happy. But they added new elements such as slide/jump gels etc. Also I would say they focused on story a bit more since even from trailers you can see way more interaction with environment and NPCs compared to Portal. But the main reason why I'll get myself Portal 2 is the multiplayer.

That

will

be

epic

Also considering what valve's community is capable of... Well only thing whats keeping me from buying it is its current price. I'll wait a bit and see what fans will build around Portal 2 and then when some weekend -50% come I'll add one more title to my steam game list.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:19:30 pm by Sius »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:02:29 am »

belive me, Sius, if you like the first portal, the sencond you will wish to make love with the 2nd one

also, there are now elements that will make your brain overheat, but the saticfaction of resolving it is huge

there where some cool jokes too(like the moast retarded robot, or GlaDOS the vegetable, or the final portal)that maded me luhuhuz all the way on my seeling

but overall the story is a bit ichy,i will definily whant totest the co-op

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 02:42:42 am »

Aperture Science was found by Cave Johnson in 1947, some jock that disregarded safety of his practice and got AIDS (not rly, just moon rock poisoning). He started portal research to leech out the poison. Cave started a campaign to lure test candidates to his labs. The bait was $60, nice money back in the 1950s, twice that more when test candidate agrees to be disassembled, injected with chemicals and reassembled. All test candidates were manipulated to believe that SA can be trusted, when they were exposing them to clear danger and gave away coffee with neural controllers. CJ went mad over ineffective testing of portal technology, so he decided to replace staff with robots and stop testing with humans. Before his death he ordered his engineers to figure out how to store humans personality and memories in the form of an OS kernel. He ordered that if he will not be made into a machine in his lifetime, he wants Catherine to be made one and run AS.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:11:49 am by lehytek »
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 01:07:08 pm »

The story - retarded? It was awesome. It's one of the most epic stories in games I ever played. Really.
And you didn't like it?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 01:14:49 pm »

Well, the story in itself was pretty weak. It's the presentation that is really good.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:25 pm »

It's the presentation that is really good.

Exactly. Also, the "personnality" of NPCs and most of dialogues are pretty good.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 07:54:34 pm »

The story - retarded? It was awesome. It's one of the most epic stories in games I ever played. Really.
And you didn't like it?
there is some sort of cataclims
the moast retarded robot ever existed(and he was developed to be retarded) tryes to help you escape and awakens GlaDOS
GlaDOS scuses the robot and puts you to test
you escape with the "probably surviving" retarded robot and sabotage GlaDOS's turrets and neurotoxin "without" her to know it
at the confruntation with GlaDOS, she is amberesed by the sabotajed robots and gas and brings the retarded robot back
the retarded robot gains controll over the facility and will let you leave...
he turns GlaDOS in a potato
...he kicks you down the elevator on the fall of your life with GlaDOS
you fins some old testing tracks
you meet and put GlaDOS on your bi-portal device to get back up
GlaDOS is your best friend now
you find out the secrets of apeture science
you return to the testing track to find some stupid inventions(i barfed at the walking boxes,made me sick)
you resolved testes for the retarded robot like he was taking heroine or cocain or joints
you fight him
he allmoast kills you but you shoot a portal on the moon
He is lost in space
GlaDOS let's you go, but she whant's to kill you
you are in the middle of nowhere

now tell me please, what is not retarded in the story?
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 01:23:51 pm »

It is crazy, but that makes me like it!

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »

Well, the way LagMaster wrote about it... You can turn everything into trash. How about this one:

There is some sort of cataclism.
The most retarded vault experiments ever existed.
Some dude throws you out of the vault to find his shit.
You walk around and search the shit.
You find the shit and bring it back.
Same dude throws you out again to kill some shit.
You go out and search for shit to kill.
You find some boss and kill him.
Then you find another boss and kill him.
Now you go back to the dude from beginning and
He throws you out again.
You are in the middle of nowhere.

Doesn't sound that fancy?
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 02:17:00 pm »

The story isn't retarded, but isn't a great hit, either.

As i played Portal 1, i wasn't sure, if Aperture Laboratories was consisting of mad - "let's pump this hobo up with LSD and asbestos and see what happens, lol" - scientists, or were GlaDos just making this up to confuse and scare me and there was actually a psychological test by smart people in background.

Turns out, it was exactly like that: Aperture Science was full of nutjobs with limitless budget. Furthermore, it was really easy to find the white surface between all the rubble - it was always like a hint in too-easy quests. They were making the player feel smart, but not challenging his mind much.

Another pleasant sides on the whole rubbish: it was a feeling of a urban explorer and timetraveler at the same time.

Damn, that must be a retarded story. Or it just depend on the viewer and his point of view, so...don't blame the mirror ;P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:21:21 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Delta77

• Just walk away.. and put and end to this horror
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »

nice game, loved the coop. Its a bit strange cause it makes u feel totally alone sometimes, other time companied, it feels like psychological test. Cause all the time it makes u have different reactions (loneless,melancoly combined with fun and some comedy things). The story isnt that retarded, is that always the games with so much mistery then to make u think the story is better than it is.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 08:20:35 am »

Well, the way LagMaster wrote about it... You can turn everything into trash. How about this one:

There is some sort of cataclism.
The most retarded vault experiments ever existed.
Some dude throws you out of the vault to find his shit.
You walk around and search the shit.
You find the shit and bring it back.
Same dude throws you out again to kill some shit.
You go out and search for shit to kill.
You find some boss and kill him.
Then you find another boss and kill him.
Now you go back to the dude from beginning and
He throws you out again.
You are in the middle of nowhere.

well, yeah, all depends an the way you say it, even compliments can sound like insults and vice versa, depending how you say them(ex:smartass, cow eyes)

Delta77

• Just walk away.. and put and end to this horror
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:37 pm »

well, yeah, all depends an the way you say it, even compliments can sound like insults and vice versa, depending how you say them(ex:smartass, cow eyes)

lol lag, u should narrate a film that won the oscar that way
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.