"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 10:35:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Banning  (Read 1253 times)

DanteAligheri

• Sometimes I don't finish all my sandwich.
Banning
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »

First things first, I haven't actually been banned yet. But! I want to avoid that. Now I have read a few topics on this about contacting a GM and all and being able to prove that the two accounts in question are actually two separate people but I just wanted to go ahead and make note here as well for any GMs that will probably see this and maybe pass it along, and/or I can get some more help if i get banned if this doesn't work for some reason.

My brother and I play this together as much as we can. Almost every time I'm on he's on, and vis versa. I live at my grandmother's house for the time being so we usually would be using different IP addresses but every so often we'll both be at one place, I have my laptop, he's got his desktop. This Saturday is a good example for this, since I'm staying home that night and we'll more than likely be playing through the one IP.
The account names are:
Cakemaker123 (My brother's username since Runsescape lol)
Ibram Gaunt (Mine, from a badass Warhammer 40k book I'm reading)

If there's anything else anyone can tell me that could help, please note it as it would be greatly appreciated. :)

CHEERS FELLOW FALLOUTERS!!!!
Re: Banning
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:15:03 pm »

If the gm's are looking for dual logging they probably will teleport you and your brother somewhere to complete a task at the same time.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:32:26 pm »

If the gm's are looking for dual logging they probably will teleport you and your brother somewhere to complete a task at the same time.

Confirmed.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:43:59 pm »

And then you just need to use one of these handful macros you have, if you have.
Or if you have a brother...

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 08:49:20 pm »

LoL?? I dont see the point of talking to someone everybody can get a freind to talk shit over proxy and the same character that had dual logged.... so i guess there is no way of catching them only if u have evidence of them fast switching  on the same ip....
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:58:31 pm »

hmm people run arround named blablabla01, blablabla02,... and travel in groups. Shortly before leaving one of them sez: D-D-DUAL LOG or D-D-D-DUAL LOG (but noone cares about 2Ds or 3Ds) at hub. more than 1 time. and they dont get catched?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:51:01 am by Xarr »
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

DanteAligheri

• Sometimes I don't finish all my sandwich.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 08:24:02 pm »

Oh okay, so it's not just like I'll up and be banned and not get a chance to prove I have a brother. I actually have three! So... it's all good. We're usually doing such different things at the same time that I don't think a GM would suspect a dual log. I use energy weapons, he uses small guns. He's in the hub right now actually at the entrance and just bought a Pancor. XD
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 08:41:28 pm »

Why don't you open a topic for same-IP-player-requests?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 08:31:44 am »

Oh okay, so it's not just like I'll up and be banned and not get a chance to prove I have a brother. I actually have three! So... it's all good. We're usually doing such different things at the same time that I don't think a GM would suspect a dual log. I use energy weapons, he uses small guns. He's in the hub right now actually at the entrance and just bought a Pancor. XD

Maybe you're playing on the same connection, so the same IP ?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.