"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 11:25:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: playing with a single character  (Read 3174 times)

playing with a single character
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:02 am »

I as a casual gamer would like to ask a question to the community..
Is there any way to play this game from the scratch with a single pure combat char. (i mean a char with 1 charisma)?
as far as i know we can't talk to NPCs with a low chr character. That means no trade no money...
i don't want to bother creating and training multiple chars and have them supply my main which is waaay time consuming.

what do you suggest?

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
Re: playing with a single character
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:04:34 am »

Some traders do talk and trade with 1 charisma chars. There are quite a few around in the wasteland, Gecko, Reno, Boneyard.

Also, for player trades no charisma is really needed, just common sense.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:27:39 am »

thanks for the reply.
i will start from the beginning. so you mean that i can hunt and sell the loots to NPCs are in mentioned locations to make money without any crafting skill?

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:31:29 am »

Yes. Check out this link to see which charisma the different traders will accept, and what they pay top caps for.

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Merchants
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:17:56 pm »

Just so you know: if you're playing a pure combat bigguns, your only option is Eldridge in New Reno...
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 04:42:43 pm »

Join a faction. Or trade with players. Only had one character during last wipe (with 1 charisma also) i never crafted and had all i needed. Some players dont pvp and do like to craft and play merchants, i suggest you make one of them your friend, you protect him and he provide your gear...

avv

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 05:42:24 pm »

Completely possible. You can hunt encounters and sell to merchants.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 07:06:15 pm »

or work as a merchenary

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:23:14 pm »

combat character can have 3 charisma also, in events i fight with 9 charisma characters, and kill also.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:50:51 pm »

There is a perk that adds +2 charisma when talking to traders.I don't remember the name.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 10:37:41 pm »

There is a perk that adds +2 charisma when talking to traders.I don't remember the name.

troll?
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:44 pm »

Thanks for all the hints and such ..BUT trading and hunting around unsecure pvp areas like gecro , reno doesn't look a good idea (at least @LVL1)
It was even pain in the ass to lvl up my char and make money in guarded areas although i had support char but i was playing solo which was not a good idea IMO.
I think everyone should be part of a player faction and socialize with other players. otherwise FO becomes unplayable for most of us.. i guess

i will try to find a friendly faction after i lvl up for a little.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 12:01:18 am »

Thanks for all the hints and such ..BUT trading and hunting around unsecure pvp areas like gecro , reno doesn't look a good idea (at least @LVL1)
It was even pain in the ass to lvl up my char and make money in guarded areas although i had support char but i was playing solo which was not a good idea IMO.
I think everyone should be part of a player faction and socialize with other players. otherwise FO becomes unplayable for most of us.. i guess

i will try to find a friendly faction after i lvl up for a little.

nah this game can be perfectly played solo. You should not hunt and trade in not secured towns in the first place. Hunt in encounters, and trade in safe towns.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 12:50:53 am »

And don't stay in Guarded towns like NCR Junktown, and Hub for longer than like 2 mins cause all your stuff will be stolen from you if you sit still, oh and watch out for shop shooters in banks, and any trader building.  As a pure combat character expect also to not use the banks, cause caps go in, they don't come out, which means you will need a tent somewhere near where you can trade to get guns.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 06:01:46 am »

caps go in, they don't come out ? what do you mean by that? i can withdraw or deposit my money w/o any problem =)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.