"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 09:29:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cover system  (Read 1224 times)

Cocain

• Your already dead
Cover system
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:48:05 am »

i was thnking it would be a nice touch to the game the implementation of a cover system. making the game more strategic than it is

my idea is simple.. when player is behind a pile of rocks, trees, trash cans, cars, etc they get a dr bonus wich would be diferent for each object.. the bigger the better the bonus

to counter cover system some weapons would have extra damage against cover like zooka/nades/flamer

also sneak bonus when player is on tall grass/middle of crops

imo it would improve the gameplay alot and skill would be the more important than armor/weapon

theres already a similiar idea implemented that gives sneak bonus.. so it should be relatively easy to make the same for dr bonus
Aku Soku Zan

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Cover system
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:50:58 am »

I've already asked for this to be done. Apparently it is not as easy as just hijacking the sneak mechanic - but hopefully it gets done at some point.

It wouldn't be a DR bonus, it would give them a fixed AC (you're harder to hit in cover).
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:58:04 am »

ah nice

that should work aswell
Aku Soku Zan

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 12:46:20 pm »

YYYYYyaaaaayyyyyy.  I suggested this when I first came to FOnline. like... 2 years go?  :P

And it's finally being created!  Hallelujah.  :D
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:27:32 pm »

It wouldn't be a DR bonus, it would give them a fixed AC (you're harder to hit in cover).
Also would be nice if that AC bonus will be dependant on your Science skill, since using cover requires math and geometry knowledge.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 08:59:40 pm »

Also would be nice if that AC bonus will be dependant on your Science skill, since using cover requires math and geometry knowledge.

Uuuh what? Is that joke? ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:01:06 pm »

what is your major malfunction?
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 09:06:47 pm »

Well... ummm.. just a way how to make Science to be used in combat ;p
Science means how good you were in school/study, if you have it very low % (not tagged and not improved) then you have brain of little kid from kindergarten who never read anything and know anything about world, even if your IN is ~6 or ~8. You won't know what cover is, only intuition can give your brain a command to hide there, but you'll need to have ~20 PE (in other words be extransense) to do things that requires knowledge which you never had.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 09:08:01 pm »

Famous though us Science nerds are for our combat prowess ... I don't think so :P
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.