"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 07:21:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cola's FOnline SDK map [Standby]  (Read 7112 times)

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
Re: Cola's FOnline SDK map
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 05:35:57 pm »

okay, no problem  ;) well, i think the floor in house is too.. err... too simple, maybe add carpet texture/tile a bit there so it wont be that "dull" or however its wroted.

and imho workbench could be in that main house, and meatbench in that lil garage where is workbench, and that Well should be at meatbench's place, lol dunno why, but i think itll look better that way. hmm.... nothing more at the moment, i though think your work is real nice

I added carpet to the main building. I won't move all those things you said until I get a proper place to put the workbench at.
Where exactly do you think I should put it?
I mean, It's like a chain... if one part of the chain dosen't fit... the whole chain fails.
Thanks again for your feed back!

I would like to purchase this, please :(
When the map is done I will probably donate it to FOnline 2238 and if they dosen't want it, I release it.
But I can't ask you for money due to the fact that FOnline SDK is a non commercial product. This means I can't earn money on it
or sell the system or any maps. I am pretty sure that I can release my maps to the public for free however.
Thanks for the feedback!

Why is there tar/asphalt inside the building in the west (the small shack). Also, by looking at it, northeast buildings style doesn't fit to the wasteland desert, they only occur in urban enviroments, especially if you want to make it hidden in the mountains like you said. Take some other wall style instead. The "Vault of the future" ad inside the building is split in half and makes no sense to have it inside a building. ;)

1. Added tree floor instead of asphalt.
2. Added new walls (I think those walls are wrong aswell so I will probably add new walls again later, please tell me if the new walls are wrong aswell.)
3. Deleted the "Vault of the future" ad inside the building.
Thank you Surf for your interest in my project.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:37:40 pm by Cola »
My current In-game name is Colan.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:33 pm »

It looks much better now. I like that you actually read and comprehend feedback given, that's a thing you don't see often these days. Keep it coming.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 07:02:15 pm »

2 sugestions for it:
1. add a car or some sort of old vehicle, and if you whant this to be a useble map, put at least 4 player, 2 small car,1 big car spawn, and some old vehicle
2. make more plowed land, no wastelander can survive a season with only 5 scuare meters of plants

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »

You should use one of the desert encounter maps as base, so you don't have to place all ground tiles by yourself. Also it helps to give a feeling about how big the map might become in the end.
This is the best advice so far. You don't have to place exit grids and scroll-blocking hexes by yourself, also you have ground already done. Wise man had spoken, try to open and rework a map called e_desert1.

Here's an example of good faction-base map, and below you can see an example of awesome map, with "awzumness factor" counted in zylions. It's even in game as you can see, because of it's awzumness. Worship me :>

Nie biegaj za stadem.

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 11:25:09 pm »

I want to learn to build grounds aswell, therefor I'm not using default or others maps as a base.
Thank you once again for your feedback.
My current In-game name is Colan.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.