"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:22:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ability to overweight yourself  (Read 2866 times)

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
Re: Ability to overweight yourself
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:51 pm »

... metal armor...

Why, I see your problem -right- there.  Why for do you expect to use one of the heaviest things in the game and still run around carrying a buncha other crap? Try something lighter, perhaps?
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 07:31:57 pm »

But that would cripple the powerbuilds!11

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »

But that would cripple the powerbuilds!11

Certainly not, I personnaly never use metal, I use only BA, which is certainly lighter and more effective. Anyway, could someone please do correct arguing if he doesn't want to see this happen (or with modifications), to allow me to think about a way to improve it?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 08:47:30 pm »

I don't think it's necessary - if you can't carry all the loot from some dead guys, then that's life.

I do think that item weights should be looked over and rounded off, though. I am sick of 1845 gram items.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 05:22:19 am »

I do think that item weights should be looked over and rounded off, though. I am sick of 1845 gram items.

I'm sick of 453gram flowers, almost half a kilo flower  :'( but they are so small.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 07:50:58 am »

Ok, that indeed does sound good, many items might have arbitrary or antiquated weights for all I know.  As for the "But let low str chars use PA!" is stupid. Silly player, you don't get APA  >:(

I'll fight tooth and nail to keep that shit from being a regular occurrence ingame.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:42 am »

Here's a question - how many of you guys played Fallout with kgs, or is that purely Cvet's localisation? The UK versions had lbs, and I'm wondering if we were in the minority. Besides the US, obviously.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 10:56:18 am »

Here's a question - how many of you guys played Fallout with kgs, or is that purely Cvet's localisation? The UK versions had lbs, and I'm wondering if we were in the minority. Besides the US, obviously.

Afaik there was no version of Fallout that would use kilograms. I've heard that US version does not have kid critters in it so you can't kill them and other minor changes but kilograms as weight measurement is cvet's job.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
Re: Ability to carry more LOOT
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 11:08:16 am »

Suggested this about year and half ago. But back then junk weighted 12kg so you needed 9ST to carry all mats to make a single plastic explosive... I don't think that something like this is necessary anymore. It would just make looting easier imho (though if it would be just few extra kgs you could carry, it wouldn't be a problem).

I think that the conversion of weights between lbs and kgs, should have been simple 2/1 not this 2/0,906 (now you need a damn calculator to count what you would be able to carry)

avv

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 12:58:21 pm »

I don't think it's necessary - if you can't carry all the loot from some dead guys, then that's life.

But somehow the 18CW powerbuilds manage to loot everything they want in tc. It's not like they leave good drugs, BAs and guns laying around for random people to loot. When I die in TC or Reno, it's not the killers who loot me but some guy named "looterguy" or "lootall 2". Low cw for powerbuilds encourages fast relogs and making alts to act as encounter farmers. People don't just accept the fact that they have low cw, they use any means necessary to avoid the downsides, which usually means cheating and loopholes.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:07 am »

theres was alreay sugested the possibility to make a backpack to increase you weight limit

it had good reviews by most.. maybe its implemented on next wipe

hope is the key word
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 11:57:35 am »

Well other way to solve the carry weight problem would be to change the weapon handling perk so instead of giving 3 st to weapon check it would work like giving half of the current st to the player so an st 1 char would have st 2, st 2 would have st 3, st 3 would have st 4, st 4 would have st 6 and so on it would remove the builds that goes by 1 st 10 pe 10 en 1 ch... and so on. I always though strength should be more important, this would give a chance to builds that were used in our fallout walkthroughs. I think my post gone to the edge of off topic but I think it would solve the problem, and surely it would mess the game for the current power builds but in the next run it should work out i think. Removing the perk would also solve it to a degree but it would be a bit drastic.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.