"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:23:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ability to overweight yourself  (Read 2874 times)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Ability to overweight yourself
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:38:54 pm »

I think there should be a way to carry more than your max carry weight, and be able to overweight yourself: you will walk (or even won't be able to move if you take really too much) but you can do it. It makes sense : when you need to carry much things, you take so much that you can only walk, you don't just take not too much to be able to run with it. So I suggest that when you're at your max carry weight, and try to pick an item, the first 2 times it display the "you can't carry more", and after that you pick it up, though it's overweight you.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

avv

Re: Ability to overweight yourself
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:11:50 pm »

This suggestion is probably inspired from the fact that most powerbuilds have really small CW. Strength can be bypassed with buffout, weapon handling and higher weapon skill, so powerbuilds end up having very poor CW that cripples the character in every other area than fighting. Looting, crafting, gathering and basically everyday life becomes much harder with low cw. That's why for example in tc players have fast relog looters because their powerbuilds can't carry anything except armor, gun and some drugs.
Carryweight is support ability and that's why players decide to minmax it away.

Crazy's suggestion is ok but having for example a rule that cw can never go lower than 50 wouldn't hurt the gameplay either.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:54:50 pm »

I agree, with crafting and other stuff you can become overweight, why not with picking stuff?

I mean, It's easier to pick something and then see what we need to drop to get to normal weight than droping by chance, picking up, droping more, and so on.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:27:37 am »

I agree, with crafting and other stuff you can become overweight, why not with picking stuff?

I mean, It's easier to pick something and then see what we need to drop to get to normal weight than droping by chance, picking up, droping more, and so on.

Crafting/etc. only allows getting a little overweight.

Trying to change the rules so a powerbuild dumpstat doesn't carry a penalty is munchkinism.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 04:40:24 am »

Crafting/etc. only allows getting a little overweight.

Trying to change the rules so a powerbuild dumpstat doesn't carry a penalty is munchkinism.

lol no

Ever tried crafting?

Go ahead and craft 100 weak healing powders on a 30 or less carry char
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:50:09 am »

lol no

Ever tried crafting?

Go ahead and craft 100 weak healing powders on a 30 or less carry char

Put some down?

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 05:50:29 am »

I understand some of the justification for wanting to be able to carry a little over your weight, but as was stated above, you gimped yourself for your stats. Deal with your crappy CW. Thumbs down on the idea for the simple fact it is only brought on by minmaxing stats on powerbuilds ( I got a 2 str and 1 end sniper around somewhere, so not like I don't know how crappy low CW is).
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 08:23:12 am »

Put some down?

Not sure if you understand what I was trying to say, I said you can get more than "a LITTLE overweight"
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:27:09 am »

I like the suggestion but only if it has the only being able to walk penalty and at some point having to click on each hex depending on how much over your carry weight you are. A  % would probably be best and not an actual number over weight on that.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 09:32:03 am »

I understand some of the justification for wanting to be able to carry a little over your weight, but as was stated above, you gimped yourself for your stats. Deal with your crappy CW. Thumbs down on the idea for the simple fact it is only brought on by minmaxing stats on powerbuilds ( I got a 2 str and 1 end sniper around somewhere, so not like I don't know how crappy low CW is).
It'd be however nice if low str chars could put on a Power Armor :>
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

avv

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 10:37:22 am »

I understand some of the justification for wanting to be able to carry a little over your weight, but as was stated above, you gimped yourself for your stats. Deal with your crappy CW.

I'd just dual log to looter alt. This is one matter where honest players get gimped but cheaters prevail. The mechanics themselves must not support or encourage cheating.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 11:47:56 am »

I dont really care about suggestion, but in events there is a glitch who ruins things a little. When all weight was converted from pounds to kilos everything was ok, just that PA and APA werent converted and their weight in kilos is same as it was in pounds in f2. So at least this needs to be converted to make them double lighter :>

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 11:58:10 am »

Maybe should be posted as bug?
Because yeah...
This powered armor appears to be composed of entirely of lightweight ceramic composites
*BLAM* over 40 kilos.

In any way Small Frame really needs some penalty and Str some bonus, and it's currently fine as it is.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:01:49 pm by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 12:02:02 pm »

it was posted long long time ago...

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5880.0

not in bugs, but devs still didint seem to react, and my guess is: changing that would take like 2 seconds.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 12:21:10 pm »

it was posted long long time ago...

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5880.0

not in bugs, but devs still didint seem to react, and my guess is: changing that would take like 2 seconds.

It posted it in bug after that post :)  But still no reaction.

Anyway, about the topic: it's not only about my minmaxed chars (damn I am a fucking powerbuilder, cancer of FOnline, I ruin this game, I must suffer) but look: you have a standard 5ST char, with a metal armor and your weapon, and few farmed weapons. You come back with a friend with same stuff, and at few centimeter from your tent, encounter. Bad encounter, he die. You have to leave most of the loot on the wasteland. Why, when you could take his stuff, overweight yourself, and take the risk to go through the few last centimeters while walking to save the loot?
And what if you are attacked by 2 PK with miniguns, manage to kill them both. You will have to drop the metal, instead of having the choice to slowly walk to the exit grid, taking the risk of being attacked while vulnerable to save the loot.
And the classic retarded unability to carry an APA, when wearing it would allow to carry it...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.