"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 07:38:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Van Eyck warning  (Read 6183 times)

Aaron Tiger

• No witty personal text remark here, look elsewhere
Van Eyck warning
« on: April 18, 2011, 12:46:24 am »

For those of you who don't know, Van Eyck has dedicated his entire time playing FOnline to pickpocketing players. Normally, we could dismiss him as just another thief, but he will chase EVERYONE he sees until he gets something. He frequents the stores, waiting for players to start bartering so he can strike. This is not a wanted thread, but kill him if you want. He will taunt you as well, saying that "all ur stuf is in my tent", and such. He thinks that the game is about stealing, and only stealing. I've killed him already, a gratifying death animation from my SMG. So anyone that's had stuff taken, don't worry, it's not in his filthy hands anymore.

I recommend killing him on sight, and this player should NOT EVER be trusted. He is a filthy, slimy scum. I realise that this could be chalked up as flaming a player on the forum, but my intentions are just to warn other players that he will both trashtalk and steal from you at the same time.
[INSERT LOLCAT PICTURE HERE]

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Van Eyck warning
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 12:57:08 am »

Just like 100+ other thieves, man. Get used to it.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Aaron Tiger

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:04:07 am »

Just like 100+ other thieves, man. Get used to it.

Well, I mean I have not seen someone so devout to stealing than this guy. It's a warning, no need to shoot it down.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:13:10 am by Aaron Tiger »
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:06:51 am »

Watch the tone with abe :O

But this is normal for thieves, it happens all the time .-.

Aaron Tiger

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 01:11:58 am »

Yeah, didn't see he was a moderator there, I apologize. My point is I have not seen anyone as dedicated to stealing as he. He will follow you into the wasteland for hours just to steal 12 caps. Damn. Sorry again, Abe. I'll modify that post to something more polite  ;)
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 04:09:10 am »

For those of you who don't know, Van Eyck has dedicated his entire time playing FOnline to pickpocketing players. Normally, we could dismiss him as just another thief, but he will chase EVERYONE he sees until he gets something. He frequents the stores, waiting for players to start bartering so he can strike. This is not a wanted thread, but kill him if you want. He will taunt you as well, saying that "all ur stuf is in my tent", and such. He thinks that the game is about stealing, and only stealing. I've killed him already, a gratifying death animation from my SMG. So anyone that's had stuff taken, don't worry, it's not in his filthy hands anymore.

I recommend killing him on sight, and this player should NOT EVER be trusted. He is a filthy, slimy scum. I realise that this could be chalked up as flaming a player on the forum, but my intentions are just to warn other players that he will both trashtalk and steal from you at the same time.

jeez, are you a police officer irl? You don't have to give us an update every time someone takes something from you. Just kill them or take it back. No need to shout it from the roof tops.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:47 am »

jeez, are you a police officer irl? You don't have to give us an update every time someone takes something from you. Just kill them or take it back. No need to shout it from the roof tops.
yes he is a police officer .... officer newb
he is just a newb prolly does not know we dont care about this stuff yet.
Roaming the waste again.

Aaron Tiger

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:42:31 am »

yes he is a police officer .... officer newb
he is just a newb prolly does not know we dont care about this stuff yet.

Wow, that's trolling if I ever saw it. You don't care because it doesn't affect *you*. But it affects others. He preys on not just noobs, but EVERYONE. He will hide behind something and then leap on you and steal from you. It's remarkable. And, when you learn to speak English properly, and learn to not use the word "newb", your argument will be taken more seriously.

Did you read a single thing I said? It's a WARNING. It has nothing to do with ME. I'm trying to HELP other players. The MOMENT he sees you, he'll CHASE you. I've seen thieves, but not like this. I've seen HUNDREDS of thieves, but this one...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:45:32 am by Aaron Tiger »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »

Not to sound rude, but Abe is actually right here, Aaron. Even if it is a noble gesture to warn other people for a particular person, it's pointless, as the game is full of such people. Theoretically, you'd have to spawn such a topic each few hours then...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 12:45:28 pm »

Not to sound rude, but Abe is actually right here, Aaron. Even if it is a noble gesture to warn other people for a particular person, it's pointless, as the game is full of such people. Theoretically, you'd have to spawn such a topic each few Minutes then...
Fixed :)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Aaron Tiger

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 10:07:12 pm »

Not to sound rude, but Abe is actually right here, Aaron. Even if it is a noble gesture to warn other people for a particular person, it's pointless, as the game is full of such people. Theoretically, you'd have to spawn such a topic each few hours then...

Not at all. I keep hearing players talking about how they got their stuff stolen by a "Van Eyck." Just because you don't like me warning people, doesn't mean you have to trash the entire thread.

Well, I've warned everyone, can someone lock this?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 02:09:39 am »

Not at all. I keep hearing players talking about how they got their stuff stolen by a "Van Eyck." Just because you don't like me warning people, doesn't mean you have to trash the entire thread.

Well, I've warned everyone, can someone lock this?
no one treashed  your tread i trolled it a little and the people that are talking about this van eyck guy stealing are more then likely newbies which is why they care which i also why older players like us dont care we know there are going to be thiefs somewhere and dont want to hear this cuz like said if everyone made a thread about ooo this guy thief me watch out thiss whole forum would be spammed just saying. if you wanted to really deal with theif take a smg and burst em every time they enter theu usally leave or my thing is i make friends with them there really nice people when u get to know them. sorry if this sounds like trolling to you just telling it how i see it. :)
Roaming the waste again.

Aaron Tiger

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 02:46:52 am »

no one treashed  your tread i trolled it a little and the people that are talking about this van eyck guy stealing are more then likely newbies which is why they care which i also why older players like us dont care we know there are going to be thiefs somewhere and dont want to hear this cuz like said if everyone made a thread about ooo this guy thief me watch out thiss whole forum would be spammed just saying. if you wanted to really deal with theif take a smg and burst em every time they enter theu usally leave or my thing is i make friends with them there really nice people when u get to know them. sorry if this sounds like trolling to you just telling it how i see it. :)

Doesn't sound like trolling at all. Sounds like a completely different language. Honestly, I didn't understand a word you just said.

Again requesting a lock...
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 09:03:32 am »

I'm famous.

Thanks for playing Aaron )

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 09:55:45 am »

Well Aron, you could make a thread where you always edit the first post, so we dont have a single thread for every thief. That would be alright with everybody. Trolls will troll anyway, whatever you do.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.