"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:59:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ability to mod Fonline Weapon Sounds?  (Read 3916 times)

Ability to mod Fonline Weapon Sounds?
« on: April 17, 2011, 05:30:36 am »

As the title says, is there anyway to change the sounds in Fonline without conflicting with the server or being flagged for content change then some how being banned?
\"If you touch squirrel\'s nuts, prepare to have genitals bitten.\"  -Confucius

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Ability to mod Fonline Weapon Sounds?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:48:28 am »

This is no content checking, at least nothing about used graphic and sound. You can replace sounds by:

a) putting files into FOnline data/sound/sfx/ folder
b) adding own .zip/.dat with your files to datafiles loaded by client (using DataFiles section in FOnline2238.cfg or DataFiles.cfg) - inside-zip/dat folder: sound/sfx/
c) changing content of master.dat

Presence of files is checked in same order as above. If you choose second way, keep in mind that DataFiles.cfg is one of files monitored by updater, so your changes will be lost after running it - better use DataFiles section or data/ folder. Remember that file(s) must have same name, and be in same path as one already used.

As all sounds used are .acm files (only Nuka-Cola nd Cigarettes uses .ogg format), you will need some converter first; this can be found on any good site about Fallout modding, eventually about one of games made on Infinity Engine (like Baldur's Gate) - acm2wav and wav2acm are your friends.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:14:35 am »

To add something - I say you don't need this .acm converter anymore, as, like Wipe already said, .ogg is supported, - it sounds better and has a better bitrate then the .acm files.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:55:09 pm »

There are losts of free converters just google them.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 01:27:05 am »

Is there any way to replace OST in 2238?
I tried to replace .acm files with .ogg but nothing happens. :-[

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »

ACM2WAV sound are too fast - convertering them makes it about 705kb/s and you can't hear what is this sound.
I've just found that only WA sounds are weapon sounds, If someone got actuall list of there "weapon fires" sound I would be pleased, if someone put it there.

Sorry for double post at start.
I've just made a list of weapon sounds - conventered with Audacity (Thanks for advice!)
And listened all the weapon sounds, some of them are same but rest are used for weapons normally... So let's go to the main topic.
There is list of weapon sounds:
You just need to get sound file, rename it for one of the weapons there , then put to data/sound/sfx. One more thing - this sound file can be in any format playable by FO ( I've used original FoT sounds .wav ones and it works perfectly.)
EDIT: I've just made small package of sounds which can be add to your data/sound/sfx :
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29728508/sfx.rar
have fun!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:16:11 pm by Tomowolf »
h

avv

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 04:49:11 pm »

Here's how my bgs sounds after replacing the old bg sound with a file from Jagged Alliance 2.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 02:27:05 am »

ACM2WAV sound are too fast - convertering them makes it about 705kb/s and you can't hear what is this sound.
I've just found that only WA sounds are weapon sounds, If someone got actuall list of there "weapon fires" sound I would be pleased, if someone put it there.

Sorry for double post at start.
I've just made a list of weapon sounds - conventered with Audacity (Thanks for advice!)
And listened all the weapon sounds, some of them are same but rest are used for weapons normally... So let's go to the main topic.
There is list of weapon sounds:
You just need to get sound file, rename it for one of the weapons there , then put to data/sound/sfx. One more thing - this sound file can be in any format playable by FO ( I've used original FoT sounds .wav ones and it works perfectly.)
EDIT: I've just made small package of sounds which can be add to your data/sound/sfx :
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29728508/sfx.rar
have fun!

Can u reupload the file ? Link is dead and fo sounds sux !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 18 queries.