"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 01:16:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nuclear Testing 1945 - 1998  (Read 4497 times)

Re: Nuclear Testing 1945 - 1998
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 09:58:02 pm »

Listen to the man. This is serious business. He speaketh the truth!

Whatever.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 11:59:17 pm »

Whatever.
Perma-banned (had to write it somewhere, this is his last known post.)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 04:41:37 am »

http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/www/atomic_tests_nevada/

Found some time ago, should fit to the thread.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 09:18:19 pm »

Although I wish it was stopped, its not going to be, theres nothing any of us can do about it.

Good news: The end of the cold war was also the end of large scale nuclear tests.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:22:05 pm by Hitan »
Join the new traders organization. Check us out here and here

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 09:31:11 pm »

Good news: The end of the cold war was also the end of large scale nuclear tests.

Still being used as a major powersource, thus creating a shitload of toxic waste.  Although it's a helluva lot better than actual nuke testing ye....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 09:38:43 pm »

It doesn't create that much waste if maintained properly. The Fukushima Nulcear Power Plant was over 40 years old, and had low maintenance, for instance. Nuclear energy can be very clean if maintained properly.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 10:13:22 pm »

It doesn't create that much waste if maintained properly. The Fukushima Nulcear Power Plant was over 40 years old, and had low maintenance, for instance. Nuclear energy can be very clean if maintained properly.
But in the long run it will still build up, of course I doubt we'll survive that long with the poor outlook on gas and oil supplies and our inability to inovate and mass-produce another transportational powered vehicle.

We have solar-powered and electrical, yet we are not really producing enough before shit hits the fan, not to mention how much these vehicles cost + everyone has bad credit = no bank loans to get these cars = not enough people getting these cars = continuous rise and outcry for more gas and oil = another war = ??????? D:
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 11:40:30 pm »

Yeah, nuclear junk polluting the surrounding for thousands of years is sooooo clean.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 02:54:50 am »

Yes, a nuclear bomb is polluting... obviously. But nuclear waste from power plants can be recycled efficiently, but it costs a lot of money.

And if the Fukushima plant was maintained properly (and not right next to the ocean and fault lines) the disaster wouldn't have happened.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:57:12 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 03:18:29 am »

Yes, a nuclear bomb is polluting... obviously. But nuclear waste from power plants can be recycled efficiently, but it costs a lot of money.

And if the Fukushima plant was maintained properly (and not right next to the ocean and fault lines) the disaster wouldn't have happened.

Radioactive waste IS polluting the enviroment after it got dumped.. The shit leaks eventually and no one can tell if the end-storage will be still safe in the next few thousand years it takes to lose it's glowing. Tell me of this recycling then, I've never heard about it before. Apparently, no one else in germany too, as there is still a huge dispute where the waste should be stored for the long run and wether we should de-activate those plants or not. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.