"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 25, 2024, 08:51:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Alright, Come on; Fallout 3 and New Vegas aren't that bad.  (Read 14131 times)

Re: Alright, Come on; Fallout 3 and New Vegas aren't that bad.
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2011, 09:53:59 pm »

Well, of course you wouldn't notice this considering the very area you play the game is under the Legions assault.  They're not going to have caravans and stuff around in their enemy's own territory are they?  When Romans fought they fought with full force at any cost, thats why it makes sense that you wouldn't see anything good from them as long as they were fighting where you happened to live.

It makes sense, but it meant players weren't given any incentive to actually join the Legion. The path I was expecting the game to take was the player starting out thinking the NCR are the good guys and Legion bad, but as the game progressed you found out the NCR were very bloodthirsty and self serving and the Legion were actually totally capable of rebuilding society. It didn't go like that at all. Instead you find out that the NCR are just stretched too thin and the Legion are boring as hell.

I was particularly disappointed by Bitter Springs. Constant allusions to it by different characters, big thing in the prequel comic, and instead it's just 'Oh no the NCR killed an entire town LOOK LOOK WE DID MORAL AMBIGUITY'.
Re: Alright, Come on; Fallout 3 and New Vegas aren't that bad.
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »

But you don't get a sense that the Legion have anything to offer. At all.

I bet that in next DLC when you wander east, you will see/hear about hospitals, universities and orphanages and then you can think what have you done... And then, you can either become a Kaisar or a cause of the fall of Cisars not-so-evil Empire. O tempora, o mores...
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.