"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 10:38:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Should BG get better weapons in hinkley?

Yes they need better guns
- 30 (76.9%)
No the guns are fine
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Poll time: do you think BG should have better guns in hinkley?  (Read 2796 times)

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...

I think the BG guns in hinkley should be upgraded minigun is one of the worst BG in the game besides flamers....
Re: Poll time: do you think BG should have better guns in hinkley?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:19:05 am »

It's not like BG need better weapons but just minigun should be boosted - it has already been discussed. Voted 'yes' anyway.

Edit: and I'm saying it as a 100% sniper dude.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:22:38 am by Elmehdi »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:26:22 am »

weapons will be changed after wipe anyway, so not when we do not know what weapon will have what stats there is not much use of discussing which of these unknown weapons should be added.

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:39:51 am »

weapons will be changed after wipe anyway, so not when we do not know what weapon will have what stats there is not much use of discussing which of these unknown weapons should be added.
Hopefully we can use guass and vindicator in hinkley, it will cause much mayhem but it will be a fun change
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 11:00:24 am »

Useless topic, everyone know that there will be new guns in Hinkley. Question is when ... But anyway,topic useless
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:16:24 am »

I've already added new ones, it's just waiting for an update.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:49 am »

It's not like BG need better weapons but just minigun should be boosted - it has already been discussed. Voted 'yes' anyway.

Post update the Minigun will be close to what the Avenger is now, and the Avenger will be ~25% higher, but uncraftable (only in Encounters).

With the armours' new Crit Modifier stat and the new anti crit perks it should be a lot easier for a Minigunner. (Will also be significantly cheaper too).
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 12:03:36 pm »

Btw, why you cant add new weapons to Hinkley just now ? There will more fun until whole update. Or you want update to seems bigger or something ?

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »

Oh yeah, sissy machinegun is finally going to be worse than minigun.
God, how do I hate Light support weapon being the ultimate big gun.

Anyway in my opinion Hinkley needs terminal to create and join games, more maps and perhaps it's own UI (classic game lobby would be definetly much better than people entering rooms, but ofcourse it's quite a lot of work). And definetly green/red names fix.

One would imagine if all the weapons that are available for common player would be available in Hinkley, warzone would be almost full of bigguners.

Adding unobtainable weapons and armors would be even more fun, but apparently NCR does not reallly have access to them, so they might not be able to simulate them either.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 06:12:29 pm »

God, how do I hate Light support weapon being the ultimate big gun.

It isn't now.

Btw, why you cant add new weapons to Hinkley just now ? There will more fun until whole update. Or you want update to seems bigger or something ?

I think the next update will be on the wipe, but update scheduling isn't my thing :P

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »

Post update the Minigun will be close to what the Avenger is now, and the Avenger will be ~25% higher, but uncraftable (only in Encounters).

With the armours' new Crit Modifier stat and the new anti crit perks it should be a lot easier for a Minigunner. (Will also be significantly cheaper too).

I can see myself already 1xbursting snipers :D lol just kidding nice change.

Remove minigun and add avenger and lsw to hinkley voted yeah !
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 11:54:44 am »

I think the next update will be on the wipe, but update scheduling isn't my thing :P

I understand. I just ask why upgrade of Hinkley cant be done earlier than with big "wipe" update. At least in Hinkley will be much fun until wipe
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

It isn't now.

The LSW -is- better than the av minigun, since it doesn't require a special build to use, a rocket launcher build can use it effectively, even without bonus ranged damage all you need is 6 PE and cigs and you're good to go.

As for hinkley, i'd rather see they add the M60 over the LSW. the M60 packs more than enough punch to kill people at longer ranges.

-Ulrek-

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 06:35:38 pm »

So then its more flexible, not better. Avenger still gives the *best* damage out of any (normal) weapon.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »

So then its more flexible, not better. Avenger still gives the *best* damage out of any (normal) weapon.

Solar, i've shot a friend of mine at 2 hexes range with an avenger minigun with AP rounds while he was in a bluesuit just for a test. i only did 47 points of damage, even if he had toughness the bullets would have gone right through it.

-Ulrek-
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.