"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 02:37:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Wasteland is harsh!  (Read 4844 times)

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
Re: Wasteland is harsh!
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2011, 02:14:36 pm »

Did you have many members in those communities you led?
  About 50 members.
My current In-game name is Colan.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 12:06:56 am »

Would you rather lose equipment or a lvl 21 character? If people suddenly stopped respawning when they died as opposed to full item drop, the consequences suddenly change for both sides on the recieving end. Just look at Diablo II's hardcore mode. But of course none on this forum would ever consider such a change because it would be one step closer to a real wasteland. What a fun social experiment that would be...
power

avv

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2011, 12:08:56 pm »

Would you rather lose equipment or a lvl 21 character? If people suddenly stopped respawning when they died as opposed to full item drop, the consequences suddenly change for both sides on the recieving end. Just look at Diablo II's hardcore mode. But of course none on this forum would ever consider such a change because it would be one step closer to a real wasteland. What a fun social experiment that would be...

It'd be much better if life was more expensive than any gear you had. The direct problem that would follow is that dying is too easy.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »

It'd be much better if life was more expensive than any gear you had. The direct problem that would follow is that dying is too easy.

Yeah. Hell, when I was on the BOS Navarro investigation quest I just dumped all my gear and made a series of suicide runs into the base. Which, when you think about it, is ridiculous.

But yeah, the problem is that dying is less important than your gear. But if you want to make death significant, you have to erase all the ways of dying which you couldn't have prevented. And that's a whole different problem.

I have only just now realised that the BOS knew exactly what the giant red object in Navarro was, and were just trying to get rid of me. Those bastards.
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2011, 06:35:12 pm »

Me, and maybe more people than we usualy think.
But apparently, it will never be the case on the 2238 server.
As dev said before, having a "wasteland simulator" is not their goal.
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2011, 07:56:16 pm »

Players can do whatever they want as long as there's consequences. It might seem that pks don't get consequences from their wrongdoings, but if you look at the town control list the dominating factions are anti-pk. Players who don't dedicate their life making it harder for others.
Pk-gangs happen to make more enemies than friends and it eventually backfires. Doesn't help the lonely nuub too much, however.

I don't know why but its not that pk gangs make to much enemies , it is just that pk factions rarely forge any alliances.
For example if CS would be active and would forge an alliance with a random pk gang formidable in size , you all would be fucked.
Most pk gangs play Free for all , if things change well your fucked ;D just my opinion.

avv

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2011, 09:10:26 pm »

I don't know why but its not that pk gangs make to much enemies , it is just that pk factions rarely forge any alliances.

The answer is right there: because they make so many enemies. They kill people regardless of their status, which can make the victims upset and unwilling to co operate with them.

In addition pk gangs might be so badly organized that they fail to uphold a general set of rules. It really hinders forming alliances. Pking doesn't really require any rules, just shoot everybody. But asking all members to behave and respect the alliance requires discipline that the gang doesn't likely have.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.