"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 08:29:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Name coloriser  (Read 2334 times)

Ox-Skull

• TRH
Name coloriser
« on: March 30, 2011, 01:41:55 am »

Was just wondering if the name coloriser will be bought back in.

You see, i dont shoot on sight and i cant remember every name i come across.
If not, marking a player red should be easier. If someone kill u they auto marked red??

Ox.

Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
Re: Name coloriser
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:04 am »

Mark them when they come to loot you.  Even if you're a bluesuit dying in a respawn zone, don't fret.  Dudes will come and try to loot you, I promise.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:57:50 am »

Mark them when they come to loot you.  Even if you're a bluesuit dying in a respawn zone, don't fret.  Dudes will come and try to loot you, I promise.

the problem is that when you mark someone, it is being marked only on the account you are logged in. It would be nice if the marking would be saved on your computer, not on your account :>

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 12:50:07 pm »

I am still wondering why it was removed, so yes, have it back would be GREAT. But I didn't heard anything from dev about that.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 01:31:37 pm »

It went because people complained about it, then a new set of people complained when it was gone :P

I think the current aim is to have it return when theres been a rejig of the gang system and it can be passed on in game, not downloaded somewhere and everyone magically knows everyone elses business.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 01:54:34 pm »

It went because people complained about it, then a new set of people complained when it was gone :P

Damn, why it doesn't work when I am complaining about avenger nerf?  :P
So sad to discover the retarded whine post where as many guys wanted it to stay than guys who wanted it removed was the cause of this step backward.

I think the current aim is to have it return when theres been a rejig of the gang system and it can be passed on in game, not downloaded somewhere and everyone magically knows everyone elses business.

Actually, you should not know either who are CS or TTTLA when they're taking a town (there even shouldn't be timer). But a guy on the forum will know the first will shoot on sight, and the second not, even if he never met them. So lets remove all gang related forums too!
Sometimes, gameplay is better than realism. If you think it should be a pure in game feature, so work on it, and restrict it to peoples/factions added in factions computers (though it's a pain in the ass to manage) when it's ready, but don't remove it when there is nothing else ready to replace it.
Also, I heavily doubt a pure new player who never played will go on forum, search the NC of a particular gang, and download it, magically knowing everything (it's only goddamn colors, this doesn't tell you everything at all. It's like tatoos or gang mark, just like our nick are like our faces IG).
Why TTTLA shouldn't be able to take pictures of all criminals and spread it through wasteland with "wanted posters" or holodisks?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:57:38 pm by Crazy »
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 02:29:40 pm »

Who said it didn't?  Weapons are due some changes.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 02:43:41 pm »

Who were those people which wanted colorizing out of game ?

So, some sort of people wanted delete colorizing(dont think they were many), so you deleted it.

Now, a LOT of people(i bet that really many) want colorizing back and dont understand reason why it was deleted, so ? Colorizing is still not in game + we dont know why.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 02:59:39 pm »

No idea, this is just what I remember, I had no real dealings with the old version and I will have nothing to do with any future version of it.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:37 am »

I remember reading that it was taken out so people can make their own friends and enemies.  When you join a gang, the first thing you get is an NC with a bunch of friends and enemies, people that you haven't even seen in game yet sometimes. 
I'm not saying I agree, I'd like it back.  Or, as vederas said, it would be cool to mark dudes for all your guys, but I'm not sure how that'd be implemented without a huge overhaul.  I suppose it'd take having a master account with different characters in it.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 03:30:55 am »

I'd like there to, at the very least, be a third color to choose from... yellow, most likely. But bringing back the whole thing sounds fine, too.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 04:13:46 am »

its lol no NC i walk up to lawyers and go high five
Brad Smalls is back

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 04:42:51 am »

You don't like making sense, do you?
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 05:31:27 am »

its my job
Brad Smalls is back

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 06:25:05 am »

A job for the global mods, Abe. (wait, there aren't any ! : D )
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.