"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 08:33:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Few minor suggestions  (Read 2964 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Few minor suggestions
« on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:37 pm »

1 Make that npc's would not loot throwing items in encounter thrown by you

When you for example (i am vc citizen) enter encounter vc patrol vs raiders, you help vc patrol of course and throw spears at raiders. After the fight is over vc patrols go to loot raiders, but when they loot they take also spears which lie upon raider bodies. And this is not loot this is my spears!

2 Adjust encounters of fonline to those of f2

Moonshiners are not hostile to everyone in f2, they are in here.
Slavers are hostile to everyone but are not hostile to other slavers. And in here it seems that they wait for like 10 seconds, and then attack you no matter are you a slaver or not, no matter you have good rep with them or not.
Enclave are hostile to everyone in f2. (in here they are like slavers).
Mobsters are not hostile to everyone in f2.
Also slaves encounter arent even in f2, but it is stupid to make them hostile to everyone.
Vault city + strong slavers should fight each other, as the second hunts slaves for the first...

I think these doesnt need much of discussion as they need just to be added if not too much work is needed for that.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Few minor suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:57:39 pm »

1 Make that npc's would not loot throwing items in encounter thrown by you
Agreed.

2 Adjust encounters of fonline to those of f2
- Slaver thing is just a bug, they should probably not be hostile.
- I agree with Moonshiners.
- Lexx or another dev said that Enclave will become hostile, or at least change in some way.

However:
- Escaped slaves that stayed together and formed a group? They should be crazy, only way for them to survive. :)
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:07:00 pm »

However:
- Escaped slaves that stayed together and formed a group? They should be crazy, only way for them to survive. :)

lets remember f3 slaves... all were coward asses, afraid of fly flying nearby, and more likely to comity suicide rather than put up a fight.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 02:36:44 am »

lets remember f3 slaves... all were coward asses, afraid of fly flying nearby, and more likely to comity suicide rather than put up a fight.

F3 not canon.

Unless you are Bethestard.

Still, it seems that slaves would attack if you are close or run to exit grid if you are further away.
Fight or Flight response.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 02:45:42 am »

On the subject of encounters, I get irritated by guys always going for me, regardless of the fact super mutants are shooting at them and their friends.

But besides that, good suggestions. Considering how easily hostile encounters are avoided, it would be nice if not all of them were trying to kill you.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:32:44 am »

I got something to add for this suggestion (pack)
In encounter NPCs don't loot stuff from enemies that you killed.

Marrxman

• Hangovers are the wrath of grapes
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:22:33 pm »

Holy fuck THIS.  I'm tired of helping out a patrol in an  encounter, killing 2/3 of their enemies, and then they shoot me if I want to loot the enemies that I killed.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 09:24:52 pm »

Yeah the 'you can't loot these guys!' system is a bit hit and miss. Could we just make it so things killed by other NPCs are unlootable?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »

another thing about slaves encounter. They even have children, so do you imagine childs of like 8-9 years old killin everyone on sight after they escaped from slavery? That doesnt make any sense, any at all.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 10:41:54 pm »

Yeah the 'you can't loot these guys!' system is a bit hit and miss. Could we just make it so things killed by other NPCs are unlootable?
That seems next-to-impossible to implement.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 09:40:34 am »

reason why i always kill the whole encounter not giving a shit about rep. Its my loot damn prospector-nazis!

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 12:31:18 pm »

But you'd also need to track who did the most damage to the guy, otherwise they just score the last shot and get everything ,that's a little bit weird.
And still, NPCs have to loot it, otherwise the stuff is lost even if you decide to shoot NPCs that killed it as well.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 06:29:27 pm »

also, unity encounters around broken hills are wrong. In here unity around bh are just masters army and you lose unity reputation for attacking them, not broken hills reputation, while in f2 they were united patrol of ghouls, humans and mutants. (in fonline i dont think i have seen ghouls also but i may be wrong in this)

P.s. now i seen a ghoul in group, but the funniest thing is that they attack bh caravan...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:10:40 pm by vedaras »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 19 queries.