Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like idea? ( read first)

Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Level cap to 30 but with major changes  (Read 5698 times)

New Level cap to 30 but with major changes
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:06:21 am »

Sorry if bad any grammar in it i type one thing sometimes think another just ask if you have question or don't understand something. Please read whole post before putting your onion on it. Also like hear what devs think of it.

Well my suggestion to increase level cap to 30 but with also changes to balance it.  Here some thing that would happen if you raise level cap without changes, It be possible at max level to have 388hp (because life giver 2times+ max endurance + max strength) that's a lot of life, 10 int you could have 725 skill points spent + skilled trait make it 870, other thing count is 3 extra perks possible making total of 10.

First I would change how life gain and base life works. Your starting life base is 35 + (Str x 1) + (End x 2) = starting life max can be 65, I know its higher then before but keep reading it will make sense. This also help people fighting out wasteland at start help and reduce noob killing slightly or make battles more interesting at low end. Now life gain per level base on endurance amount will be change. Every one point endurance counts as 0.5 life gain per level. If you have endurance amount that has half life gain per level it will count as full point on ever even number level. Then for odd levels you get nothing. This make ever point of endurance count towards your max life.  With 10 endurance you gain 5 life per level and in the end that add 145 life from leveling to max. So with max Strength plus endurance your life will be at (base life 65 + life gain per level 145) 210 at level 30. Now last change would be life giver perk which as right now gives 4 hp per level and can be taken 2 times. I would make it just add 30 life per rank of the life giver (no life gain per level) and you be able take perk 3 times. This would add 90 life if you take perk 3 times which would be max. The max life can be obtain would be (max str + max end + life giver 3 times) 300 life. 300 life good number end on for max life ,its only 47 higher current max + we increase level cap 9 levels. With Life giver also help people builds with super low life that want to have some life. The extra perk that it takes to get max life giver helps take up more perks sense we got 10 perks now. This how I do new life system for level cap of 30.

Now need consider is the skill gain per level.  The formula right now is  first 1-5 int counts as 3 skill points per int per level. The last 6-10 count as 2 skill points per level. So current max skill gain per level is 25 and that ends up as 500 skill points max. If you take skilled trait with 10 int that make 30 skill points per level and ends up giving 600 skill points max.  I would make it that all int only adds 2 skill points per level. So max 10 int adds 20 skill points per level.  So 10 int max level 30 would add 580.  580 skill not much more then 500 + with current system I think need be able get little bit more skill in end but without getting to much more. As right now takes little under 500 max out a skill that is tag. Also another change i would do is to skilled trait. I have it only add 3 skill points per level and only gain perks every 3.5 levels. So perk gain would now look like this for skilled trait  Lv3,7,10,14,17,21,25,28 so you lose 2 high end perks with skilled trait. Regular perk gain look like this Lv3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30. When max level this skilled trait would add 87 skill points. Then last thing would need changing is educated perk. I change it to add 25 skill points when you take it. This perk can be taken 3 times. So max skill gain with this perk is 75 skill points. This also makes educated even with skilled traited. This because educated may take 3 perk come close to equaling skilled trait but educated max take 3 low level perks and skilled trait takes away two high level perks (which has more value).  So if you have 10 int + trait skill + 3 perks of educated you have 742. But trait skill takes away 2 high perks and 3 perks of educated will drain take a lot to do so balance out.  I think this works out well because you get more skill points but not ton more. This with increase max level without overpowering it.

Just few other things to do you might rescale exp require to level with new level cap. I would remove the requirements on educated and life giver so anyone can take them. This way people with low skill or low life builds can get more by giving up some perks. If notice i had educated and life giver add all once instant per level this easy way balance it and people cant mess up by not taking it immediately. Now about last thing to do is you might rescale some perks.  This means you might raise level require on some perks to make more balance. Because you can have 10 perks now so kind control and limit on how many high perks or good ones you can have. Then you might add more perks special sense cap now 30. I just have few examples of that right now but you could come up with bunch more.  One would be adamantium skeleton this reduce the chance of being cripple by half when critical hit. Also have 24 perks tho that you probably need remove or change before add them.

This general idea might miss few things but cant think of it now.
Post what you think of it and if you like it or not.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:08:35 am by Cheezy »

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
Re: New Level cap to 30 but with major changes
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:47:54 am »

Increasing cap level has 2 consequences at least:

1) more time to level up char. it's no secret that most of players create char, equip him and lead to lvling grounds. Molerats or Centaurs.
So if exp is not scaled - instead of killing 700 molerats I need to kill 2000...  :-X

2) Chars become lets say.... more universal.

3)So-named Uber Perks. Sniper, Terminator, Slayer. Are suitable only for singleplayer.

Anyway, as new perks will be introduced with nexts wipe, let's see what it will be.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:07:44 am »

i didint read your topic and voted no because of one reason: solar said that level cap will be increased to level 24, so i think we need to first wait for that, see how things are, see how fights go etc. and only then make suggestions about level cap changes, or somekinda leveling changes.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 06:13:05 am »

i didint read your topic and voted no

Fonliners, fonliners never change

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:32:12 am »

I'm Sorry, im sure you put alot of thought into this. but i just don't find it personaly appealing. I Vote No.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:17 am »

I can agree, if level cap is lvl 24 and i have many reasons for this.

1. No so much difference against lvl 21 (SPs, HPs and perk)
2. New perks (like slayer)
3. It has enough challence to get lvl 21, so lvl 24 should be lvl cap.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:50:25 am »

I hope, that the good-ol system with decreasing number of experience, after a few killed creatures of one type, will come back some day. Together with 24 or even 30th lvl cap it will lead to the more interesting game-play.
P.S. Voted yes, but it needs some more changes, e.g. no perks at all after level 21 or just no combat-related perks.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:52:22 am by Graf »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:07 pm »

I think Solar said that a raised level cap with changes is already planned.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 12:36:25 pm »

I hope, that the good-ol system with decreasing number of experience, after a few killed creatures of one type, will come back some day.

HELL NO !!!
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 12:38:45 pm »

HELL NO !!!
Why not?  ;D It was a... beautiful... time... yeah.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:40:47 pm »

Why not?  ;D It was a... beautiful... time... yeah.

It was awful time. As much alts, but 2 times more painful, killing deathclaws for 100xp doesn't entertain me.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 12:52:55 pm »

HELL NO !!!
Don't worry, not only you will have this, everyone will!
Yes, if you want to try other build... well.. that's a problem.
But if they want to try other build, they will have the same problem!

Total: everyone will have problems in making other builds.

So you need to find a solution to this, may be something like reseting character without losing XP, but then everyone will make HtH/Melee, lvl cap him and only then create evil powerbuild. So there must be an account system with few characters and some achievements like killed X mobs with EW/SG/BG/Melee/HtH/Throwing, then every character with atleast one of those skills tagged will exp faster. Different achievements with quests, every other character in account completing the same quest will get XP boost, exping one character to max lvl will allow to have Swift Learner perk (+5% to xp) at 1st level for every new created character, having 2 max lvled characters on account will make next created character have x2 Swift Learner perks at creation.

But then again, XP diminishing should be reworked, because little scorpions who giving ~60 XP are counted the same in kills as big scorpions who giving 110 XP or even mutated scorpions who giving don't know how much XP, making players to ignore those little ones and kill only big/mutated, to get as much XP as possible and it looks really strange. I can remember those days where you had to kill 12 mutated molerats, 12 big scorpions, 12 mutated mantises etc. to get big XP boost at begin, and if you meet pig rats or small scorpions or simple mantises, you need to ignore them, and in scorpions encounter you need to kill only big one, and run away from small ones.

Edit:
Do you think that people whch sitting in front of computer whole day will have problem ?

Now everyone is on same level ....

Why you want make more pain in ass ? Its test, we want testing new build and etc, after wipe there will be many ways to have different builds. Its TESTING, you knew it ? If you ask me if i want test my patience when i must spend biliion of ammo to earn 200xp for floater then i say no
And of couse everything after line:
"Total: everyone will have problems in making other builds."
you forgot to read... I already answered on your post.

Edit#2:

Make Hinkley give you XP to max lvl (with all perks, so you'll get next level after pressing "OK" in character sheet, level by level).
But this character can't leave Hinkley! He'll have "Combatant tatoo" on his forehead, everyone outside Hinklet will burst him with words "Cheater! How did you left Hinkley?" and then he'll be respawned in Hinkley, if by some reason he was teleported to world map or something. Also he'll get random encounters with Hinkley slavers who will hunt down escaped combatants!
So you can test your builds there!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:14:22 pm by RavenousRat »
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 01:07:22 pm »

Don't worry, not only you will have this, everyone will!
Yes, if you want to try other build... well.. that's a problem.
But if they want to try other build, they will have the same problem!

Total: everyone will have problems in making other builds.

Do you think that people whch sitting in front of computer whole day will have problem ?

Now everyone is on same level ....

Why you want make more pain in ass ? Its test, we want testing new build and etc, after wipe there will be many ways to have different builds. Its TESTING, you knew it ? If you ask me if i want test my patience when i must spend biliion of ammo to earn 200xp for floater then i say no

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 01:12:19 pm »

It was awful time. As much alts, but 2 times more painful, killing deathclaws for 100xp doesn't entertain me.
Could you please at lest tell me the name of MMORPG, where you can finish exping of your character in a matter of a few hours? I bet you couldn't, because it shouldn't be so. To have a high-level character you should work some time on its development and exping (not a few hours!).

As Ravenous said, it should be reworked somehow, but I hope it'll be back someday. At least, when test will end and current system will not be actual any more.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 01:16:36 pm »

Could you please at lest tell me the name of MMORPG, where you can finish exping of your character in a matter of a few hours? I bet you couldn't, because it shouldn't be so. To have a high-level character you should work some time on its development and exping (not a few hours!).

As Ravenous said, it should be reworked somehow, but I hope it'll be back someday. At least, when test will end and current system will not be actual any more.

Its beta test, i dont know where else i can better use these words. Why on Closed Beta Tests are "leveling npcs" ? Yeah, this is not CBT but its still test so i dont know why must suffer when we want test more characters, more variety in combat

Make Hinkley give you XP to max lvl (with all perks, so you'll get next level after pressing "OK" in character sheet, level by level).
But this character can't leave Hinkley! He'll have "Combatant tatoo" on his forehead, everyone outside Hinklet will burst him with words "Cheater! How did you left Hinkley?" and then he'll be respawned in Hinkley, if by some reason he was teleported to world map or something. Also he'll get random encounters with Hinkley slavers who will hunt down escaped combatants!
So you can test your builds there!

This is very good idea ? But you know what ? Noone from devs will make it/like it. If you ask me then this is solution for players like me. But it will not happen. Then i must agree with my previous opinion
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:19:53 pm by Hololasima »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.