"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 10:57:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Problems with New Installer  (Read 2205 times)

Problems with New Installer
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:34:43 pm »

I have recently installed the new client for Fallout 2238, and went through basic setup. Following the instructions in the readme file, it said that the Launcher should be available. I went into the FOnline folder in the programs menu and it links to a FOnline Launcher in the folder "C\:Program Files (x86)\FOnline" however when I click on it, Windows says there is a missing shortcut, and when I go tot eh FOClient in My DOwnloads folder, I this screen:

Where the "Play" Button doesn't work, I also attempted to go through the FO Config in my client folder, even with a clean cache (I left default in the folder) I got stuck at "Connection Established: Authentication".
I'm running a Windows Vista Home Premium, 64 bit SP2, am I missing something very important?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Problems with New Installer
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »

hm... reinstall it.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:09:22 am »

The window you have open is the installer and not the launcher. Like writen above already... reinstall the client with the installer, because I can't see the Launcher.exe in your client folder.

Alternative: Run the updater to obtain the launcher. Which isn't in your client folder too. So the above stays valid- Run the installer.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:28:33 am »

I have the same problem it says there is a missing shortcut, and it says windows is searching for Launcher.exe and there is no Launcher.exe
I have reinstalled a bunch of times and it still wont let me play

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:10:33 pm »

Try to download this patch and run updater.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 22 queries.