"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 03:45:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Capped % to hit certain limbs  (Read 5027 times)

Capped % to hit certain limbs
« on: December 27, 2009, 04:33:38 pm »

Exactly how it sounds. I hate that everyone is shooting with 95% chance after level 3, so I propose the that 95% chance to hit can only ever apply to hitting the torso. Eyes/Head/Groin/Legs have a lower maximum to-hit chance. I want the chance to hit to reflect just how much damage they are capable of doing.

95% - Unaimed/Torso
85% - Arms/Legs
70% - Groin
50% - Head
40% - Eyes

To be honest, I'd quite like harsher penalties for hitting anything, not just aimed shots. Combat is boring when every shot is guaranteed to hit.

And don't argue the whole 'What if people want to be weak snipers?' angle. FOnline is not Snipers/Tanks. Most experienced characters are tanksnipers. They have beefy HP due to lifegiver, and all the crit perks.
Re: Capped % to hit certain limbs
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 04:59:48 pm »

I disagree on that point Badger: In pvp we see far more Big gun than sniper energy => big gun is by far the more powerful build, no need to aim and you kill at quite a big distance!
TTTLA for a New World Order

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 05:06:54 pm »

You are forgetting the fact, that aimed shots were nerfed some time ago. Now it takes 2 more APs (7 APs to hit eyes with a laser rifle ?) to hit critical spots and hitting someone in the eyes becomes nearly impossible due to looking direction of the target. Not to mention that you need to be really quick with your mouse in order to hit somebody.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 05:18:33 pm »

Yeah, that change to make all eye shots to have max 40% will be really big nerf and everyone will stop playing with snipers and make big gunners and 95% isn't 100%. I lost fight few times because I missed with 95% chance to hit ~~
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 09:32:59 pm »

I suggest making chance to hit - AC cap at 95%. That way even if someone has a 95% cance to hit, your 20 ac will drop it to 75% regardless of excess skill points. (As it is you can overpower AC with high skill levels.)

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 09:54:56 pm »

I suggest making chance to hit - AC cap at 95%. That way even if someone has a 95% cance to hit, your 20 ac will drop it to 75% regardless of excess skill points. (As it is you can overpower AC with high skill levels.)
That's way better than my idea. Me likey.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 05:29:01 pm »

So you want to right up nerf an entire subset of weapons to the point where there will be no point in using them, because you "don't like that people have 95% chance to hit after level 3".
Even that is open for debate, what range? what gun? what build?
My level 17 energy sniper with around 170 energy weapons isn't getting 95% to the eyes at max range, what magical build are you using for this?
Or are you talking about point blank with a mouser, 10 int and skilled?

This suggestion is terrible and made by someone who does not understand PVP
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 05:53:12 pm »

So you want to right up nerf an entire subset of weapons to the point where there will be no point in using them, because you "don't like that people have 95% chance to hit after level 3".
Even that is open for debate, what range? what gun? what build?
My level 17 energy sniper with around 170 energy weapons isn't getting 95% to the eyes at max range, what magical build are you using for this?
Or are you talking about point blank with a mouser, 10 int and skilled?

I can kill most people with a scoped hunting rifle before they can even see me regardless of their armour, kinda unbalanced considering its low cost.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

I can kill most people with a scoped hunting rifle before they can even see me regardless of their armour, kinda unbalanced considering its low cost.
I'm sure you do this in PVP all the time! Considering I've never seen a Roachor or Mutilator in PVP ever and I'm in almost all the fights.
I'm also sure that somehow you manage to kill people with a weapon that can not kill most PVP characters in a single hit with the best of rolls.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 02:59:09 am »

I'm sure you do this in PVP all the time! Considering I've never seen a Roachor or Mutilator in PVP ever and I'm in almost all the fights.
I'm also sure that somehow you manage to kill people with a weapon that can not kill most PVP characters in a single hit with the best of rolls.

First off, I have lot of alts so there's no suprise you haven't seen me. Secondly, eyeshots keep you on the ground and with 65% chance to crit and better crits it's just a matter of putting rounds into the guy till he's dead. Once you get the first shot off it's game over, knock him down and cripple.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 05:58:17 am »

Sorry man, I probably need to have been in all the fights to understand the depth of FOnline's PVP. It's definitely not standing in a town entrance with rocket launchers and laser rifles, trying to crit anyone who enters. It's hardcore PK for hardcore PKers.

There's nothing to not understand. PVP is incredibly shallow. You shoot the eyes (if the % is too low, the head) or you knock them over repeatedly with a rocket launcher. Your character will always have lifegiverx2 and better crits. Tactical hardcore combat.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:32:23 am by Badger »
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 12:16:09 pm »

"I can kill most people with a scoped hunting rifle before they can even see me regardless of their armour, kinda unbalanced considering its low cost."

That's a little too hard on the combat. It's not that easy. But yes, you should be able to do it like that, I think it's about Fallout what is appealing to me, makes all guns kind of useful.
just because we play a post-apocalyptic game doesn't mean we have to accept to see people insulting us of jews.
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 02:10:02 pm »

Sorry man, I probably need to have been in all the fights to understand the depth of FOnline's PVP. It's definitely not standing in a town entrance with rocket launchers and laser rifles, trying to crit anyone who enters. It's hardcore PK for hardcore PKers.

There's nothing to not understand. PVP is incredibly shallow. You shoot the eyes (if the % is too low, the head) or you knock them over repeatedly with a rocket launcher. Your character will always have lifegiverx2 and better crits. Tactical hardcore combat.
Yeah I know, because my big gunner without better crits fits that mold
My energy sniper with only one life giver does too!
If you understood PVP you would know that small guns are actually under used aside from burst and with good reason: They just don't keep up with big guns and energy guns.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 03:30:36 pm »

Well small guns are underused, but I dont think they are weak or something. They are easier to obtain and sniper rifle is imo very good weapon for her range and affordable ammo. Also u got several pistols which are rarely used these days cause of BRoF bug.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »

Anyways we are going way off topic, this isn't about what weapons are best it's about making AC useful and decreasing the amount of times people get shot. There should be some element of chance since a 1/20 chance of missing is pretty negligible. By increasing the dodge chance you prolong fights and make them more interesting since it becomes less about who shot first.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 18 queries.