"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 08:04:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: quick car question  (Read 1277 times)

quick car question
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:02:05 am »

Can a car basically function as a mobile tent? like for example, I have a hummer; and if I park it in the wastes (and leave it), it creates its own little zone right? can other players find that space (on their own without me leading them there) ?

cogliostro

• No Parole from Rock 'n' Roll, all the way from L.A
Re: quick car question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:20:57 am »

In first place I think this is the wrong forum section to post your question in, It should go on Game help.

Answer:
The car is not a mobile tent, If you leave the car in the wastes for much time (about 10 mins.), then the spot will disappear and you, or anyone else, will not be able to see where it is, so beware!
Let them eat metal!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:37:53 am »

Can a car basically function as a mobile tent? like for example, I have a hummer; and if I park it in the wastes (and leave it), it creates its own little zone right? can other players find that space (on their own without me leading them there) ?
I don't know what previous poster means - I am sure you can leave it there for more than 10 minutes, he probably misunderstood:

If you leave your car in one spot for more than a week, I think the server might delete it. The Announcements section for this are not very clear though, but I wouldn't take a chance.

Players cannot usually encounter your car - the only time they can is within 10 minutes (I would say 20 minutes, just to be sure, 10 minutes is only the estimate that was given) of you parking your car in a map.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:40:03 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 02:38:52 am »

In first place I think this is the wrong forum section to post your question in, It should go on Game help.

Answer:
The car is not a mobile tent, If you leave the car in the wastes for much time (about 10 mins.), then the spot will disappear and you, or anyone else, will not be able to see where it is, so beware!

that explains why I found the hummer in the middle of the wastes. thanks.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:54:52 am »

Did you take it? XD 0.0

I was wondering how easy it was for people to see a car in the wastes <><>
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:03 am »

Did you take it? XD 0.0

I was wondering how easy it was for people to see a car in the wastes <><>

Yea. How much are those hummers worth? I am like level 4 and I just found it lying around.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.