"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 09:37:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I don't understand anything, but it makes me have over -2k rep everywhere  (Read 2886 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...

Went to Redding, went in Maltese falcon, found this drunk-like guy. Talked to him, he said to go to Harald (wtf, he has the same name as me) with this 10mm pistol in Hub. Went there, talked to him, showed him the gun, told him I can say I was the one who killed his something, got -2k rep in every possible place... Wait, what? Why the heck would goddamn gecko ghouls give a shit about me? I'm even vilified by Children of the cathedral! Phew, at least I'm not vilified in Redding, Enclave and BoS. Seriously, is this some kind of a quest or what? I didn't even get a reward! I completed "the quest" and he told me I can keep the gun, left the house... BAAAM! I'm dead! Harald looted me (What a bitch, he gave me -2k rep everywhere and looted me now, it was all planned already!) This just doesn't make any sense, I even didn't get a single exp point! Can anyone explain me please?

EDIT: Phew, I have normal rep with San Fran too - the only guarded town I can enter.
EDIT2: I get killed at respawn points, then I respawn and then I can go. In the next day, I get killed again and I can go. That's like 2 minutes of replication instead of 1 minute.
EDIT3: Just got killed 3 times in a row just after respawning.
EDIT4: 4th time.
EDIT5: Exit game.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:32:43 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC

Sounds like a quest for me.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum

Harald: Oh, you can keep that gun :)
Haraldx: Heck, man, thanks! *walks out, gets shot*
Harald: Problem, wastelander?

Haraldx

Harald: Oh, you can keep that gun :)
Haraldx: Heck, man, thanks! *walks out, gets shot*
Harald: Problem, wastelander?
Yup, that's the exact way I felt when I completed the quest.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller

Yup, that's the exact way I felt when I completed the quest.

Honestly, someone tell you "OK, so you take this gun, tell you killed some well liked man with it, OK?" "OK". What do you expect?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Haraldx

Honestly, someone tell you "OK, so you take this gun, tell you killed some well liked man with it, OK?" "OK". What do you expect?
The fact is, I didn't get a shit from completing this "quest" (except -2k rep everywhere). So... Could anyone explain me this shit?
Besides, according to the story of the quest, "I didn't kill" any well liked man, I just "killed" some kid. Then tell me, why I get only about -700 rep for killing a whole Hub caravan?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:30:33 pm by Haraldx »

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC

The fact is, I didn't get a shit from completing this "quest" (except -2k rep everywhere). So... Could anyone explain me this shit?
Besides, according to the story of the quest, "I didn't kill" any well liked man, I just "killed" some kid. Then tell me, why I get only about -700 rep for killing a whole Hub caravan?

Well, did you return to the Malamute in Redding to complete the quest?  There's dialog options for when you're done.  I went to start the quest, got the gun, went halfway to the Hub, then the server went down.  I'll keep you informed.

EDIT:  So I talked to the guy in the Hub.  You're taking the blame for him, I guess.  He says many towns won't like you if you do it.  Looks like you get -2500 rep in most cities.  That's for doing the first option, to take the blame for him.  There are other dialog options where you threaten him, I wonder if those would've been better choices.  Another update when I get back to Redding.

EDIT 2:  Ok Haroldx, here's your answer.  I just went back to Redding and talked to the dude at the Malamute.  He was happy I learned something, said he knows people in high places.  My bad rep was forgiven and put back to normal, and I got 2000xp.  So.... Follow through man.  You'll get there.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:08:03 am by TheGreenHand »

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC

Did you go back to Redding yet, Haroldx?

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC

C&C

I don't get it.   ....?
And it's not something to do with Command and Conquer, I found.

Haraldx

Yeah, finally got there, got killed about 5 times by caravans and stuff (not even mentioning I was killed all the time when I was logged out in Boneyard replication point (Thank you Nexxos for fixing it!)) Got my rep back and 2k exp :P This quest is still fucked up!

I don't get it.   ....?
And it's not something to do with Command and Conquer, I found.
http://www.thubtenchodron.org/PrisonDharma/choices_and_consequences.htm
But it isnt working

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

http://www.thubtenchodron.org/PrisonDharma/choices_and_consequences.htm
But it isnt working
The choice was to click the link.

The consequence was that you wasted your time :P.  (Well i guess you learned something at least)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Y0ssarian

• incredible

Steal candy from a store and suddenly the whole wasteland somehow knows of your crime.
power
Re: I don't understand anything, but it makes me have over -2k rep everywhere
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 02:07:54 am »

I was bored so I activated this quest on 1 of my alts.
Unfortunately I'm unable to find Harold in the Hub. Could someone tell me where he is?
I've searched every where, including the fields, the Circle and Maltese Falcon basement.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.