Author Topic: 3D Model Repository  (Read 116384 times)

Offline cptmiroslaw

• Generic Faction 412
Re: 3D Model Repository
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2011, 12:54:04 pm »
Can't wait to see it ingame, and the gore is going to be amazingly...gory. :P
"All Pkers and modders deserve to hang...on a brighter note, everyone deserves free candy bars once a week!"

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2011, 03:03:03 am »
Repository Update: Some weapons, and new shading effects.
Download effects.rar at bottom of the post.

Combat Knife  ID 236
Crowbar        ID 20
Cattle Prod    ID 160
Dynamite       ID 51
Dynacord      ID 600
Flare            ID 79
HKG11          ID 352
HKG11e         ID 391
Frag Mine      ID 544
Frag Grenade  ID 25

Shaders for metal armors, value 2 and 3. Combat Armors and their helmets, value 5, 14 to 16.  Also character and general shading changed.

You'll need these files. They go under client/data/effects. Replaces original 3d_default, so make a copy if you want to. Make sure to clear effect cache, deleting the files from data/cache.

http://www.mediafire.com/?87p58t8a2lcqzs1

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2011, 06:22:05 pm »
As an alternative to replacing the original "3D_Default.fx", I think these lines at the bottom of \Server\scripts\_client_defines.fos are where the engine links to the file :

Code: [Select]
// Effect types and subtypes
#define EFFECT_2D              (0)  // 2D_Default.fx
#define EFFECT_2D_GENERIC       (1)
#define EFFECT_2D_TILE          (2)
#define EFFECT_2D_ROOF          (4)
#define EFFECT_3D              (1)  // 3D_Default.fx <------- THIS ONE
#define EFFECT_INTERFACE       (2)  // Interface_Default.fx
#define EFFECT_FONT            (3)  // Font_Default.fx
// Subtype for fonts used font type
#define EFFECT_PRIMITIVE       (4)  // Primitive_Default.fx

So you could change the "#define EFFECT_3D (1)  // whatevershaderiscalled.fx", or possibly add an extra one in there. Ultimately, it will make no difference to the end result in game, but might be neater for modders etc. Also note that I've not actually tested it myself - I might be wrong :)

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:46 pm »
That's just a comment :<.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2011, 08:12:16 pm »
Yes, you are totally right :(

It's just information. Can't find anything else that refers to it, either.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2011, 02:09:27 am »
You can change it from script if you please, there's some call to engine that'll replace effect with particular file. Don't remmember how's it called, but it has limited usefulness anyway.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
What about bloot splatter when you get hit ? Like blood drops on the ground when you get hurt bad.

Offline Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2011, 11:55:08 am »
Can I ask something, why is it that half of the things on this page are "Pending" despite the fact that they are marked as "Finished"? What's up with that? Surely people should be uploading these things as they're finished? Am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:06:52 pm by Reconite »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2011, 03:47:56 pm »
The pending ones are either :
a) not rigged, or not rigged properly
b) not implemented by code into the 3D repository.

In short, "the status of completion" bit refers to the model being finished and textured etc, the "uploaded" bit refers to "rigged and usable in game, and implemented into the main 3D test repo". For some things this is quite straightforward, others are a bit of a nightmare to rig properly (at least at my current skill level). Karpov is far more skilled at the rigging, but his current focus is to try and get the main animations done for the female character and to produce the death animations and blood etc.

I'm trying to learn the rigging stuff to do this myself (look through some of my previous posts, and you should see some 'attempts' with various levels of success). I should be putting a tutorial up about the rigging during the next week or two, when I have some time off work. It won't be the best tutorial in the world, and will need improvement in future, but it will be a starting point. Other people can learn to do it better afterwards.

For example, NCR Ranger Patrol armour is down as "pending". I did a test rig of this model, but there were problems with the shoulders and a few other bits. This may need a slight change to the model itself, or simply need rigging by someone with more skill. Duster coat is also in the same position i.e. the model and texture exist (though it's not quite good enough, and will need improvements in future), but the rig needs fixing and then uploading before it's counted as "done".

Basically, about half of the pending ones are my fault  :-[

Ones which are just a retexturing (like Leather Armour Mark 2) just need implementing in code, which should be simply a case of putting an extra line in the _FOHuman.fo3d, to say "use the leather armour model, but with this texture instead".

Hope that all makes sense.

Offline Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2011, 10:01:43 am »
It does. Thank you for clearing this up for me.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:55 am »
Can you upload all new files include shadaders, armor etc? Guys what is new?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:39 pm »
Tiny Update. Blood on the floor when you die, forward or backwards. Shader on the female leather jacket. Female use animation. Muzzle test for smg burst
  No death animations yet.

I believe the software I've been using to upload these files has been updated, so let me know if it works or not, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 02:12:39 am by Karpov »

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2011, 10:29:43 pm »
All works fine for me :)

« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2011, 07:12:18 pm »
Where to place models which we created? For example gas mask wasn't good for my wanderer and created new one, and want to share it :)

http://rudo-brody.pl/mask_not_rigged.zip
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2011, 09:01:03 pm »
Graf has a 2nd repository for "in progress", "test" and "not implemented yet" stuff. He should be able to add you to it, so you can then add files directly. Must say you're making some great progress here. Very impressed :)