me like it :P
- 9 (47.4%)
me don't
- 7 (36.8%)
I don't care about alts
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combat bonuses for crafting professions  (Read 1660 times)

Combat bonuses for crafting professions
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:15:09 pm »

This topic has inspired me  :P.

I know that there is "greater plan" behind the curtain about some major changes that are awaiting in near soon version of future.

I would like to talk about "skills". When perks and hp stays on 21 lvl, why the skills cant go on? New lvl, more skills and so on... From the bright side, we would have a purpse for staying on the same character, making him more and more skilledm fanous and maby creating a legend of him as the time goes by. From the dark side we would have a battle chars with 300% skills in sg/bg/ew/meele/unarmed/throwning/sneak/steal or just uber crafter that would be able to craft anything and do a trading duty.

Looking forward, thanks to such character, there would be less accounts, and bans will hurt much more becouse of the time that user must have spended on this "main" character.
Playing a skilled character i was able to get 2x skills on 200% with 21 lvls [they were my tagged ones] so to get some other skills on 200% i would need at last another 20 lvls [my calculations might be wrong but it would be at last 10 lvls]. So the option of master [300%] skills would be achivedable only for determined players.

All of us know that guys who want to have alts, will have alts. That would be only an "other" way, and since there are [or better say might be] a change due crafting system... it might be worthy to give a chance to this idea.

Thats all, waiting for your "i like it" or "i think its a shitty idea". ;]

There have already been tons of topics about alting problem and still no satisfying solution was found. Fighting with people making alts seems pointless - as long as it is profitable, people will always do it and mass banning does not help. As it appears to have been clearly obvious so far is that the only reasonable solution for this issue is to remove the reason that people create alts. The main reason is to max out combat capabilities of a main character which is pretty unfair and literally forces everyone else to do the same in order to hold any chances in PvP. Having to switch from alt to alt every 10 min is annoying, but if you want to take  part in PvP it's necessarry. On the other hand, choosing to play as a fighter/crafter hybrid is very comfortable and fun at the beginning but it's also saying bye-bye to PvP.

The solution that may do the job is to make it worth to have crafter professions in combat. This can be achieved by extra combat bonuses for every level of profession that would be added along with additional crafting options. These bonuses should be big enough to provide a substantial impact on a characters combat capabilities. 

However, as it was already pointed out: adding f.e. + 1 to AG for a level of gunsmith would rather make a player substract that 1 point from AG at the character creation screen and still plan a powerbuild. Another thing is that a beginner guy with AG 10 would be obviously pissed off when he finds out that there is a way to increase that stat later in game. 
So, the conditions for such bonuses are following:

• They should not interfere with a character creation
  • They must always be useful for a certain type of character, no matter the specification of a build

So - simple stat/skill boosts are something that should be avoided. The below should be treated as an example.

Proffesion: Small Guns

level I   - +5 to a critical roll when using SG
        - +20% repair bonus for maintaining SG

level II  - All the bonusses from SG lvl 1 and additionally:
       - +5 to a critical roll when using SG
       - +30% repair bonus for maintaining SG
       - chance of a criticall miss for SG reduced by half

level III - All the bonusses from SG lvl 2 and additionally:
      - +10 to a critical roll when using SG (20 in total)
      - +50% repair bonus for maintaining SG
      - no critical misses when firing SG
      - SG don't deteriorate

Proffesion: Big Guns

level I   - +5% to AP regeneration rate when holding a BG
        - +20% repair bonus for maintaining BG

level II  - All the bonusses from BG lvl 1 and additionally:
      - +10% to AP regeneration rate when holding a BG
      - +30% repair bonus for maintaining BG
      - chance of a criticall miss for BG reduced by half

level III - All the bonusses from BG lvl 2 and additionally:
      - +15% to AP regeneration rate when holding a BG (+30% in total)
      - +50% repair bonus for maintaining BG
      - no critical misses misses when firing BG
      - BG don't deteriorate

Proffesion: Energy Guns

level I   - +5% chance of blinding a target, no matter if a critical hit was scored or not
        - +20% repair bonus for maintaining EG

level II  - All the bonusses from EG lvl 1 and additionally:
      - +5% chance of blinding a target, no matter if a critical hit was scored or not
      - +30% repair bonus for maintaining EG
      - chance of a criticall miss for EG reduced by half

level III - All the bonusses from EG lvl 2 and additionally:
      - +10% chance of blinding a target, no matter if a critical hit was scored or not (20% in total)
      - having at least 10 rounds in a magazine, you get an 'overcharge' option which deals dmg x 2 and consumes 10 rounds per shot
      - +50% repair bonus for maintaining EG
      - no critical misses when firing EG
      - EG don't deteriorate

Proffesion: Armorer

level I   - +5 to armor class
        - +20% repair bonus for maintaining armor

level II  - All the bonusses from Armorer lvl 1 and additionally:
      - +5 to armor class
      - +30% repair bonus for maintaining armor
      - chance of armor bypass reduced by half

level III - All the bonusses from Armorer lvl 2 and additionally:
      - +5 to armor class
      - +50% repair bonus for maintaining armor
      - no armor bypasses
      - armor doesn't deteriorate

Proffesion: Doctor

level I   - +1 to healing rate
        - +20%  more hp healed when using FA

level II  - All the bonusses from Doctor lvl 1 and additionally:
      - +1 to healing rate
         - +30%  more hp healed when using FA
      - can remove a cooldown from FA by using a doctor skill

level III - All the bonusses from Doctor lvl 2 and additionally:
      - +1 to healing rate
      - +50%  more hp healed when using FA
      - no weakened state after death
      - using a doctor skill adds from 5 to 15 hp + reduces radiation&poison level a little

Proffesion: Demolition expert:

level I   - +5% to fire resistance
      - +5% to explosives resistance

level II  - +5% to fire resistance
      - people that have explosives in their inventory are marked with an 'dynamite icon' over their heads for you

level III - +5% to fire resistance
      - +1 hex to a splash damage range when using explosives

If implemented properly, it should encourage players to create well rounded, more universal builds that would take advantage over the nowadays pure PvP monkeys. As playing a fighter/crafter hybrid is much more enjoyable than switching between alts for every single activity, that should, in effect - make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

I have created a poll, so the general response is better visible. Comments appreciated.

avv

Re: Combat bonuses for crafting professions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:19:40 pm »

The topic which inspired you also contains leaks from developer who told that profesions-alt problem has been addressed and changes are coming.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:25:49 pm »

The topic which inspired you also contains leaks from developer who told that profesions-alt problem has been addressed and changes are coming.

The suggestion is quite coherent to these leaks.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 09:04:17 pm »

According to dev leaks, all chars will be able to have one of these professions, thus players would aim only to gain bonuses from them. We might end with all players having only one profession due to bonuses (it will be really hard to balance them all).
Anyway Id like to see more customization and professions might help, but those bonuses have to be really minimal
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:06 pm »

Proffesion: Small Guns

level I   - +5 to a critical roll when using SG
        - +20% repair bonus for maintaining SG

level II  - All the bonusses from SG lvl 1 and additionally:
       - +5 to a critical roll when using SG
       - +30% repair bonus for maintaining SG
       - chance of a criticall miss for SG reduced by half

level III - All the bonusses from SG lvl 2 and additionally:
      - +10 to a critical roll when using SG (20 in total)
      - no critical misses when firing SG
      - SG don't deteriorate

Critical miss are almost always a thing of luck. A bullet gets jammed? It's not your fault, it happens a while in a while.
SG don't deteriorate... bit too much, isn't it? Deteriorates 30% slower should be more balancing or everyone will want to be a crafter.

This will mostly just lead to be extinct of powerbuilds. Everyone will go crafter because of the bonuses and even if someone made a powerbuild they will get own'd by a common crafter.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 10:37:36 pm »

This will mostly just lead to be extinct of powerbuilds. Everyone will go crafter because of the bonuses and even if someone made a powerbuild they will get own'd by a common crafter.

I'd say if everyone is crafting with their main, we've done a good thing. The only problem I see is preventing 'Balanced' Characters with Profession Combat Bonuses being absolutely destroyed by 'Powerbuilds' with Profession Combat Bonuses.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 11:04:47 pm »

I'd say if everyone is crafting with their main, we've done a good thing. The only problem I see is preventing 'Balanced' Characters with Profession Combat Bonuses being absolutely destroyed by 'Powerbuilds' with Profession Combat Bonuses.

Stupid. We only gonna have new powerbuilds, made with crafting professions. A powerbuild is basically a build with maximum efficency, if you have to get profession to get it, so powerbuild will have crafting profession. And btw, why so much hate for powerbuilds? One of things I like in this game is making builds, as perfect as possible. Why the hell you want to destroy that? Just delete all SPECIAL and skill and perks, making pre done classes if you really hate that.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 11:29:58 pm »

Stupid.

I don't like powerbuilds because I want to play an RPG, not a combat game with SPECIAL. To me, abnormally gimping a character in one area to make them super agile killing machine feels cheap and not in the spirit of the game. It doesn't appeal to me. You enjoy making the most efficient character in the game system, I like storytelling and atmosphere. I think the presence of powergamers detracts from that. But I know that guys like you outnumber guys like me.

I'm not saying my way of playing is better than yours, but they're definitely incompatible.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 11:50:03 pm »

They're definitely NOT incompatible.

I agree with all of Crazy's post.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 11:51:06 pm »

Stupid. We only gonna have new powerbuilds, made with crafting professions. A powerbuild is basically a build with maximum efficency, if you have to get profession to get it, so powerbuild will have crafting profession. And btw, why so much hate for powerbuilds? One of things I like in this game is making builds, as perfect as possible. Why the hell you want to destroy that? Just delete all SPECIAL and skill and perks, making pre done classes if you really hate that.

They're definitely NOT incompatible.

I agree with all of Crazy's post.

Optimizing a character is obviously ok, but Fonline should never encourage people to play with handicapped apes with 1 ST & 1 CH. Believe me that playing a fighter/crafter hybrid is much more comfortable and the point of this suggestion is to make such builds competitive opponents in PvP. Right now the problem is that if you choose that way, you will definitely suck in a fight and to be honest, I think we should not have to choose between PvP and all the rest that the game has to offer.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 11:52:42 pm »

I don't like powerbuilds because I want to play an RPG, not a combat game with SPECIAL. To me, abnormally gimping a character in one area to make them super agile killing machine feels cheap and not in the spirit of the game. It doesn't appeal to me. You enjoy making the most efficient character in the game system, I like storytelling and atmosphere. I think the presence of powergamers detracts from that. But I know that guys like you outnumber guys like me.

I'm not saying my way of playing is better than yours, but they're definitely incompatible.

I don't think so. I love RP though I love PvP too. I often try to do some discussion with guys when they don't shoot first even on my "powerbuilds PvP chars". The fact that I am playing with killing machines does not mean I have to kill everything in my path without doing any RP, I surely enjoy atmosphere or a great campaign well written.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 12:33:54 am »

professions need to be better balanced before implementing new things
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 01:26:20 am »

Isn't the crafting profession system going to be reworked into 2 levels each and crafting of 3rd tier items require blueprints or such items. The 4 profession levels will be kept as well wasn't it? So that means you should probably consider some changes to the bonuses as a contingency when it comes time to move over to that system.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »

This thing makes sense though.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.