Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 131197 times)

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
Re: Character Animations
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2012, 12:02:28 pm »
its really very close to original

Crab_people

« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »
really good but walking and some of death should be 10% faster?
and can you work on runnking cause now he is running like on moon ;D

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2012, 05:48:27 pm »
Very good shit, again. Pretty sure that nobody expect it to ever even look as good as it does right now. :)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #303 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10:12 pm »
Hi, I have some news. I managed to add the sounds for each death, so that helps a lot, and it's very nice. Specially when it comes to timing, it's easier to tell when the animation is slower or faster. I'm still improving the animations to be more aggresive.

Very good shit, again. Pretty sure that nobody expect it to ever even look as good as it does right now. :)

Absolutely. But I hope we can make it look even better with some minor changes here and there.

really good but walking and some of death should be 10% faster?
and can you work on runnking cause now he is running like on moon ;D

;D  I know running looks weird, but the original animation is not a good reference in this case. Check the video of the ending where the super mutants enter the Vault. There is one of them running towards the overseer, and he looks so weird too. I think I'm going to fix it with some other reference, though I don't want to change it too much.

I'll be back tomorrow, probably with something to show. Bye
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here it is. Sorry for the bad quality video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3gNBq9QnmA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3gNBq9QnmA</a>
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:34:43 pm by Karpov »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2012, 05:54:08 pm »
I'm not entirely sure, what makes it look better - the animation itself or the sounds that give it a nice spice? :D
Looks just great, you really deserve something!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »
Karpov ur really talented!  very nice!

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2012, 06:38:56 am »
Well thanks guys  ;).
 I've been doing some experiments with the death animations, testing some ideas, tinkering with things I don't even understand, crazy stuff. But somehow it failed, and I ended up with the character going black and white... :P. Nevertheless, I have some more ideas to work with, and this time, as doc Brown used to say, "It might just work"  ;D

Also, someone has mentioned that the running and walking animations needed some work. I recorded a video with the original 2d character at 30 fps and then moved forward frame by frame so I could see exactly where to put the frames I have in my animation. I guess this could help a lot with that.

Bye.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2012, 10:59:22 am »
Anything new? Karpov, what is progress?

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2012, 11:32:26 am »
can you make new death animations from gatling laser/laser rifle (cut in 3pieces, cuting head off, big smoking hole in the chest) or death from f1 when you killed overseer (blowing up half of man)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:20:54 pm by ToxiCAVE »

« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2012, 01:15:00 pm »
can you make new death animations from gatling laser/laser rifle (cut in 3pieces, cuting head off, big smoking hole in the chest) or death from f1 when you killed overseer (blowing up half of man)

Could i request a simple head blown off animation? With falling to the knees and toppling over.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2012, 02:08:32 pm »
Super mutie is still under work. I should serriously make a better texture for the poor guy. Unarmed attacks they may need some more work. I'm trying to make a good running animation for him.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »
Regular animations are a priority now. Other optional animations can wait.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »
Could i request a simple head blown off animation? With falling to the knees and toppling over.

critical shoot to eyes/head ;D same head gfalling off (laser)

« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »

Your super mutant needs to learn to throw a punch.
Maybe he should learn a tip from Lesnar, since he's pretty much a super mutant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Av5SkGoSg
But really something's not right with his animation. I think his right leg needs rework. His left one too.
When kicking you don't really bend down do you? You bend back or to the side. Once the foot is landing, the body moves foward.
And when punching, you don't hit with the side of your fist, right? It needs to be horizontal more
I think it would look cool if he bent his knees more when doing his attack
Keep in mind that looking at sprites isn't the best reference for 3D animations. 2D and 3D uses different effects to look real and have a smooth flow. And the 3D doesn't have to be identical to the original 2D sprites

« Reply #314 on: April 22, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »
Although the above ones are true I think the animation the devs looking for are the ones that are as close to the sprite ones as possible. Although I will try to make some along the vidoe you posted.
I gone around to make a simple run animation and since the normal walks for mutants are not agile but robust. I though his run would be something like that too. Slow and clumsy (probably not the best word) with rapid breathings