Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 131254 times)

Offline Luther Blissett

Re: Character Animations
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2011, 11:27:28 pm »
I'm not 100% certain, but I think there's space available for up to 30 layers, based on these bits from _animations.fos, in the server/scripts :

It's also mentioned in a few other bits, which I cannot find at the moment. Anyway, I don't know how to add extra layers myself.

It's possible that there may be something amongst this tutorial from Fonline.ru -  Google Translate : adding 3d models, but with the combination of complexity and google translation, I've found it difficult to work out exactly what's going on there. Even if the tutorial itself is not relevant, the files it's pointing to probably contain the bits you'd need to change.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2011, 07:23:52 pm »
Hey guys how is progress ?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »
Hey guys how is progress ?

On these anims, stopped for now. I have the normal burst death animation ready, and I'm planning on duplicating the gore effects, but I've been quite busy lately so it might take a while... 

Bye

PS: In case you wondered, "a while" is like "soon" but a bit shorter  ;)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2011, 06:44:23 am »
Btw. what was the status of the female animations again? Have the been done or is there still something missing?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2011, 04:53:44 pm »
PS: In case you wondered, "a while" is like "soon" but a bit shorter  ;)
infinite-x is still infinite

« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2011, 07:16:03 pm »
Well animating would be sped up if it wouldn't be made by only one person (Karpov), and since I knew a bit of the process of trying to recreate fallout like animations I have to say he worked quite fast and accurate, if anyone remembers the ghoul gif I've posted and takes the walk cycles that Karpov made its clear that he spent more time on smoothing it out...

« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2011, 03:36:51 pm »
If someone's willing to spend some money on 4 webcams and some time on recording motion capture, then you could check this here out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiSYCD6fUD0

Mocap could definitely get you a ton of animations in one evening, you could even pick out the best ones out.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2011, 04:22:34 pm »
But the target is to get animations that look like the original ones, and not a ton of animations that do not look like the original.

« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2011, 05:00:13 pm »
A ton of animation from what you're free to select the best or correct the animation really quick.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »
Hi there, quick test on muzzle flashes.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0dqSu5MS6Q" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0dqSu5MS6Q</a>

Added as a separate attachment, with a modified shader to avoid shadow being casted and also for self illumination.
Sorry for the bad quality video.

About the death anims: I still can't get the blood to be visible from the camera position.  :(

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2011, 07:40:02 pm »
Yay! This muzzle flash looks just great!  :) Does it use the same technique, as blood does? Or maybe you've managed to make the particles work somehow? 

« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »
This looks cool was it done with particles? No matter how its done it looks good though.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2011, 08:21:05 pm »
No, it's just geometry, 3 planes intersected that rotate very fast, a texture with transparency, and the shader modified to cast no shadow and to be illuminated at night. It's the same as blood, uses the same attachment layer.

Someone asked about the female animations. I have to convert them one by one and export them, but most of them need to be partially re-done so that they match the female idle position, that means the "idle to action" ,"action to idle" sections.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2011, 08:29:58 pm »
That's awesome :)

How is it attached? Is it added as part of the animation of each weapon model, or added as some global effect, with parameters to say where the gun barrel is?

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2011, 11:11:53 pm »
Looks great at the moment :)
Looking for more different muzzles for Rocket Launcher and other big weapons too.