Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 131248 times)

Offline Gray

Re: Character Animations
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2011, 04:30:10 pm »
Having weapons visible in the hands in every pose also requires lots of new animations for these cases
Only in 2D. 3D animation with weapon and without it has no difference.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2011, 04:46:03 pm »
It looks rather silly too, especially in the example you provided, holding a big gun in only one hand as if it's made out of paperwork.
I'm with Lexx, I don't think that we need that.

Not just that. Having weapons visible in the hands in every pose also requires lots of new animations for these cases and this really has no priority none whatsoever, as not even the really needed animations are done.

Ok, ok you're the bosses here. But anyway, in my opinion it's even more silly to have a gun in a hands, but when you fall down and it magically disappears. And when you wake up... PUFF... and you have a gun back in your hands. Pure magic as it is. Why to spoil a good feature, which is already done and just waiting for a few clicks to be implemented into the game? No need to answer, it's just a rhetorical question...

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2011, 04:53:05 pm »
Ok, ok you're the bosses here.

That's entirely Lexx' decission, I am just expressing my opinion here. ;)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2011, 05:39:14 pm »
Not my decission. Just pointing out the obvious. There is no need to talk about lots of "if then..", "in future.." stuff, if not even the basics are finished.

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2011, 05:47:32 pm »
Not my decission. Just pointing out the obvious. There is no need to talk about lots of "if then..", "in future.." stuff, if not even the basics are finished.

So how long this basic stuff will take,  when the wipe will be and please dont tell me Soon
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2011, 05:48:30 pm »
So how long this basic stuff will take,  when the wipe will be and please dont tell me Soon

The 3d stuff has nothing to do with the wipe, and no, you won't hear anything other then "soon".

Offline DocAN.

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »
I asked Lexx not You, are you his slave or what?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »
It's not connected in any kind of way to the next wipe. Also keep in mind that nobody from the 2238 dev team is working on the 3d models and animations. It's 100% community based.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2011, 05:57:43 pm »
Depends on which stuff you're talking about. I can say for what I know:

1. 3D weapons - 100% done. Though, it may need a slight improvements in the future.
2. 3D armors - about 70% done. Basic armors are ready, so the game without of 3D NPC's is possible already.
3. 3D misc. stuff - about 60% done.
4. Animations. Basic animations for characters are 85% done. But the game still require a specific animations, like holding stuff (with 1 and 2 hands), sitting, laying etc. The problem is that Karpov are absent for a month already, so nobody is making new animations.

Can't say for sure when all together will be ready to use, it's completely depends on people's free time and their will to do something.

Offline DocAN.

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2011, 06:11:16 pm »
Double thx for answears.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2011, 06:25:56 pm »
how about you fall on the weapon or it falls over you?(when in KD)
you can add this in the KO animations

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »
I think 85% for basic animations is a bit too high. Also death animations need to be done as well.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »
I think 85% for basic animations is a bit too high. Also death animations need to be done as well.

I've checked it yesterday on the latest repository revision. Though I didn't count death and gore animations.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2011, 09:19:52 pm »
I have recently watched some animating and rigging tutorials and I'm thinking about making animations, however, I'll have to finish my models first.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2011, 08:24:35 pm »
Holy shit, we have almost finished all animations. What do you think about adding new? There miss animations like smoke, unarmed hits, sitting and, and many other.