Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 131223 times)

Offline Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
Re: Character Animations
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2011, 07:49:42 pm »
This.
Even in Terminator 2 Arnie needed a tripod in his pants and he was shooting blanks. What would you expect from a weapon meant to be mounted on a vehicle? ST15?

Arnie is vehicle !
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2011, 09:28:38 pm »
do you espect normal humans to use gatling guns?

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:22 pm »
So I read around this topic and i have my own suggestion to make about animations , So entering the 3d era isn't just about image! 3d give a hole new set of tools to play! (but what I'm going to suggest could also be made with sprites in 2d) Stances , like in tactics... so I'm going to  quote wiki.
There are three different stances: stand, crouch and prone.

Characters in lower stance shoot more accurate, are harder to hit and sneak more effectively. They can also use low objects as cover. Crouching sniper can be almost invulnerable when using a high ground.

On the other hand, characters in lower stance move slowly than those in higher stance. Melee and unarmed attacks can't be done in prone stance. Characters that attacking from a very close range against a prone target, are more likely to do critical hits.

In this post I will just suggest this but its a thing to think about , why not rethink the combat system? The only way to the future is forward ! Fallout tactics maybe a "crime" in fallout classic point of view but it has lot of interesting stuff ! this is just one of many contributions that tactics has to offer! before I post  this i will also reference : "Vehicle combat" . But like I said Tactics is full of good content ...

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2011, 08:14:09 pm »
lithiumfury, what you've just said (stances, vehicle combat) is my dream... this is so amazing... all these combined with the "open world map" makes the game very close to the perfection.

I'm also curious, what our dear developers think of implementing of the moving vehicles? I mean, these that can really ride the normal map, not the global map.

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2011, 08:36:08 pm »
Yes I didn't mention , the map having more than one floor , like in tactics but it would be could again , having more tactical combat upon a situation , for example you are outnumbered but you have higher ground ... well stances , multiple floors on a map are all improvements to combat and realism. but I did mention that tactics has a lot to offer so I guess this is included. Because every stance , every map positioning has its own skill modifiers. that would be a hell of new combat system.

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:04 pm »
I heard that Cvet was working on crouching feature for the engine, maybe different floor levels and RT vehicles will come next :)
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2011, 09:15:21 pm »
Unfortunately, Cvet will not be working on it, at least until this autumn, coz he said, that he will stop development for a while because of the real life problems with caps. To deal with it, he wants to start a commercial project based on the Fonline engine, but there will no connection to Fallout or even postapocalypse.

Anyway, these features are already implemented in the Fonline project called Fonline Kawaii (it's a working title). Here's some WIP video of that project.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:09:45 pm by Graf »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
To deal with it, he wants to start a commercial project based on the Fonline engine, but there will no connection to Fallout or even postapocalypse.

Not interested in this crouching or car.. uh, stuff, but the bold part got my attention. Could you elaborate on that?

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2011, 10:56:31 pm »
I always wanted to see something like fallout tactics in online enviroments ;] That would be plain awesome! Maybe not that atmospheric like original fallouts but still fun to play and pvp ^^"
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2011, 07:31:32 am »
I always wanted to see something like fallout tactics in online enviroments ;] That would be plain awesome! Maybe not that atmospheric like original fallouts but still fun to play and pvp ^^"

Didnt FoT itself have such feature? ;)
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2011, 09:48:13 am »
Could you elaborate on that?
Here's a part of an interview with Cvet.

[19:00] <Sidle_Jinks> Is that project was the reason why you have to come to Moscow?
[19:00] <Cracker> Is it about post-apocalypse?
[19:01] <~ cvet> For me, this this step is forced. It is natural and more interesting for me, to keep the engine in general, but circumstances has forced me to do such step.
[19:01] <~ cvet> No, the project was frozen.
[19:01] <~ cvet> Yes.

[18:59] <Sidle_Jinks> Can you explain what this project is about?
[18:59] <~ cvet> Not now.
[19:00] <~ cvet> It is in the stage of writing of a concept documents, so I could lie, if I'll say anything.

[19:05] <Krizalis> 2d/3d?
[19:06] <~ cvet> Only 3D, because it could be done quickly and also it's very flexible.

[19:02] <Cracker> What about graphics? Do you plan to draw it by yourselves?
[19:02] <~ cvet> Yes, of course, in terms of copyright - we are clean.

[19:07] <Sidle_Jinks> Is is going to be an MMO?
[19:07] <~ cvet> Yes, free to play MMO.

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2011, 10:07:08 am »
Unfortunately, Cvet will not be working on it, at least until this autumn, coz he said, that he will stop development for a while because of the real life problems with caps. To deal with it, he wants to start a commercial project based on the Fonline engine, but there will no connection to Fallout or even postapocalypse.

Anyway, these features are already implemented in the Fonline project called Fonline Kawaii (it's a working title). Here's some WIP video of that project.

Nice but is it Fallout Tactics engine?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2011, 10:11:25 am »

these features are already implemented in the Fonline project called Fonline Kawaii

Reading, it's hard sometimes.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2011, 11:33:37 am »
As Lexx said, it's Fonline engine. A while ago, support for Fallout Tactics, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate graphics was added, which means that resources of these games could be used for creation of the game on the Fonline engine.

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2011, 11:47:08 am »
Reading, it's hard sometimes.

So why there are buildings from Tactics? I prefer FO2 buildings and graphics than Tactics but option for crough is very interesting.

Sounds good. Can he do it with 3D if animations for crough will available?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:03:33 pm by Jimmy BoyX »