Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 129696 times)

Offline Gray

Re: Character Animations
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 12:00:14 am »
Specially prepared character models should solve most of problems. It's better to spent some some minutes to make partitioned body, then hours to force it partitioning in real-time.

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 07:55:34 am »
I was a bit worried about special death animations, after spending so much time thinking how to achieve these , and test over and over, I came to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Lc81Fb_ZU
Great video, but we need blood and hardcore :D

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 10:39:59 am »
nice, but first one is too fast, should slow it down a bit.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 01:16:36 pm »
Any chance of a unique stealing animation? Something to stop people using science on people and causing them to attack someone who is under protection.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 03:30:54 pm »
Well...if we do that, it would have to be very disimulated, so it is harder to detect, after all, you are stealing.

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 04:30:10 pm »
It could differ just a bit from normal "use" animation. That way, if you really pay attention on whats going on, you know theres a thief around, hmm?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 04:31:08 pm »
You would only see the animation if the steal-check fails.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 03:20:19 pm »
I completed the dodge animations for all weapons, but that does not mean they are finished. Check them out, and we'll discuss what needs to be fixed. I'll do the same thing with all of the animations, so we can spot problems and fix them. Also, they have been uploaded to the repository.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL82Ozgs5R4

At the end of the video I test a motion capture file I downloaded, just to check if I can add animations that were not made specifically for this character. However, motion capture does not seem to fit the fallout style, I believe Van Buren animations were made with that technique  ::).

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 03:26:05 pm »
The mocap is great ;D

In the spear-dodge the char makes a move with his left hand to his forehead (brushing his hair), that's not part of the dodge it's part of the "idle" animation, right?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 03:29:01 pm »
At the end of the video I test a motion capture file I downloaded, just to check if I can add animations that were not made specifically for this character. However, motion capture does not seem to fit the fallout style, I believe Van Buren animations were made with that technique  ::).

Hahahaha  ;D

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 03:50:36 pm »
Hehe @ the end. :P

It looks very good, the dodging with minigun and other heavy weaponry looks a bit stiffy though. It's a bit cheesy how easily the character lifts up the heavy weapon. ;)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 04:01:36 pm »
Hehe @ the end. :P

It looks very good, the dodging with minigun and other heavy weaponry looks a bit stiffy though. It's a bit cheesy how easily the character lifts up the heavy weapon. ;)

Yes, I noticed that too, it should look like it is heavy, and not made from recicled paperboard  :).

The mocap is great ;D

In the spear-dodge the char makes a move with his left hand to his forehead (brushing his hair), that's not part of the dodge it's part of the "idle" animation, right?

Yes, it's part of the idle anim, but one of the reasons i did not make those for all weapons is because the character plays it right after every other animation, like walking, and it looks bad scratching his head all the time.

PS :I missed the Rocket launcher animation in the video.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 05:31:07 pm »
This video is... hilarious, Karpov :D It has revived my belief to mocap in Fonline.

So, maybe some motion capture still could be used?

A few month ago, I've got an idea to buy 6 web cams and special software, which is all together allows user to make a motion capture even at home, but then you've shown your amazing animations and I desided to not to use that trick.

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:02 pm »
Beautiful thing. End of the video made me laugh, hahaha. And I agree with Graf - we could use that motion capture thing for some tricks and new animations like sitting/lying/whateva :D
You sure we can't use that dance?  ;D It looks amazing and could be nice easter egg :D

Oh, and about minigun animation: IMNSHO it looks good as it is. After all he's dodging and using force of all body to move, so it's not only based on his arms strenght. Second thing is that barrel isn't the heaviest thing in the minigun, so it looks pretty balanced actually.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:02:18 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2011, 10:16:33 am »
Real awesome anims the ending of the video has made my day. About the heavy weapon dodge I dunno if it possible to move them like that but I definitely like the motion there so for me its more then ok.