Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 128177 times)

Offline Gray

Re: Character Animations
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »
The guy leans back, but I don't know if it is the right angle.

I think, original "gun on the groin" pose is somehow... ridiculous. Maybe it will be better to make it Arnie-style?

Slightly modified big gun animation should be good.

P.S. the minigun is really big, but not so much ;) theese are about 150% of it's real size
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:17:13 pm by Gray »

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 09:19:22 pm »
I think you're right, Arnie definitely know how to handle a minigun and look badass.
Hey, if we have new animations for flamers, we will be able to increase the range, hurray!
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 09:27:35 pm »
What do you mean with Fast Shot, Solar? Do you want a faster animation so that you can consume 9 APs and fire 3 shots just doing some "triple click"? If you can make the engine use a specific animation for those shots then yes, it could be done, maybe something like Clint Eastwood fast draw, firing almost from the hip.

The minigun is placed over the left leg, but well, it is the "Fallout way" to hold it. Everywhere else, Terminator, Predator, and many videogames use the minigun on the side.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 09:37:49 pm »
Thats right. Right now if you take 2 AP to fire a pistol and the animation takes twice as long as a 4 AP shot then you lose the advantage of the lower AP
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 09:45:17 pm »
But remember that the lag wouldn't let you do it. Latency with this server isn't good enough. Though why wouldn't you make the thing scripted on the server side, like a "shot X singles" mode. You could predefine X with a hotkey or something.  That would make you do some kind of a triple(in example)-click. The option would work only for Fast Shot characters.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 10:01:26 pm »
I think you're right, Arnie definitely know how to handle a minigun and look badass.
Hey, if we have new animations for flamers, we will be able to increase the range, hurray!

His minigun is at least half the size than the one in Fallout.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:16 am »
Yeah, at the start I thought it's somekind of Future version of M24 SAW, but then I found out it actually has more than 1 barrel. No to Arnie style!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Gray

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 09:45:37 am »

This minigun seems to shoot 12,7 instead of 5 mm ;D
It's half bigger then the sprite one.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:47:42 am by Gray »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 10:12:02 am »

This minigun seems to shoot 12,7 instead of 5 mm ;D
It's half bigger then the sprite one.

For mass blue suit destruction ;D
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 10:24:28 am »
Would it be possible to make Aiming/Bursting/Normal single shots have different animations for the small guns?

That would look great. Just like Denergar's avatar: (link.)
Making aiming animations last 0.5 seconds longer could also be good regarding the balance.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 12:46:38 pm »
Well, longer aiming time is already due to the high ap use. You can't fire the next bullet until your ap are at least x high again.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 03:11:36 pm »
Well, longer aiming time is already due to the high ap use. You can't fire the next bullet until your ap are at least x high again.

But when you fire the first shot, aiming is done after the shot  ;)
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 03:21:05 pm »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »
well, i was thinking a few days about this, but i think that the weapon models have a small problem:
The ammo mag is welded to the gun
that means that it will be a problem to take it off and put other one instead, i think we need to make separate meshes for the magazines, so we can make reload animations

i do not think is a big problem: we must just separate the cartrige and then fill the holes, how?

we move the mag's points and delete the supraface that are holding with the gun
we unite the points that where separated=>we got a separate mag
now we create a small box and delete a face(but keep the points)
now we put the box in the open space and we unite the coresponding points.

in theory this will only add only 12-20 pollys to the gun(the new made magazine) and we can move it where we whant, probably clone it for an reloading animation

i think i can do this in images, but i will need 3 models please: gauss pistol, FN FALL and 10 mm pistol(for tutorials, i got in mind 3 modes to make mags)

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 08:21:52 pm »
Yeah... You are quite much right LagMaster. But... it won't add any polys. If the model already has the mag, we just divide it from the gun, ending in maximum of 2-4 polys... Need someone smarter than me to confirm this tho.