Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145775 times)

Offline zamp

• Huff 'n puff all you want I ain't falling.
Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2011, 10:23:47 am »
It's not rocket science to assure files are correct. Just hash the files and ask the server if they're correct or not, if not redownload the faulty file.
This isn't a perfect fix to prevent that kind of cheating though as you could still swap files after the check has passed.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2011, 11:01:10 am »
So let's say I'd make a custom 2048x2048 texture for a model I like (or a model with 10k polygons). It's far too big for some people with a bad gpu, but my machine can handle that, it has 0.0% chances of getting into the official release. If files are checked I could not use my custom texture.  You can have a custom interface so why not a custom model/texture? The advantage of having a red-coloured ba guy is (at least for me) insignificant. Besides, if anyone can colour the textures as they please, nobody has a real advantage.   

Offline zamp

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2011, 11:07:11 am »
Well the only thing that I think would be bad with replaced textures/models is the car key. No more hiding keys in bushes :(

« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2011, 02:23:53 pm »
i see point in hardcore file that used to stash all textures.
or *game guard*, that check files.
and maybe *.dll inside client that can work just by use some info from file with textures/(+3d model size?) or etc.
simple password at NOD32 (official nod32) ruin all my pc work once. but i think this guys use hardcore skills to make programm safety... but it can crash in windows anyway by stupid bug, and i bet people that develop game can be more *hardcore* then people that work for NOD... so i think u all can make simple solution that can work good.

windows can be hacked by kids with 115+ iq, or even 80+. just think about hacks to this file - way to get answer  :D

maybe some people that work for nod playing fonline, but this is my ideafix or truth :D

sorry for alot of text :)

So let's say I'd make a custom 2048x2048 texture for a model I like (or a model with 10k polygons). It's far too big for some people with a bad gpu, but my machine can handle that, it has 0.0% chances of getting into the official release. If files are checked I could not use my custom texture.  You can have a custom interface so why not a custom model/texture? The advantage of having a red-coloured ba guy is (at least for me) insignificant. Besides, if anyone can colour the textures as they please, nobody has a real advantage.
it can chek size or codes inside file... but i think programm can check image. and its very easy to make image with same size and color quantiny (256 or etc). and problem is - edit file and make it really look-like-same is not a big problem too.
maybe - jpg file use *text*, that used by soft. so image with 256 colors - 256x256 square for example and each square have own *text* so this is simple solution :D or it looks too simple  ;)

Use "modify" button next time/Graf.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:34:26 pm by Graf »

Let the Force be with You.

Offline Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2011, 09:00:28 pm »
Anyone noticed that there are special Animations for not-orignal-fallout items, or other 'new' items needed?
The Brahmin shit can't be carried with one Hand, since it would fall out of all sides.
The Caravan Box to carry needs the Animation to hold it with both Hands (Or should it be not possible to take it in the Hand? :/ )
Yup, that's it.
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2011, 07:21:31 am »
like ore, there will be a 2 hand carry animation to be made in the future, pay atention to the posts

Offline zamp

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2011, 11:24:08 am »
Anyone know of a good directx (.x) model viewer?
One that would emulate the game engine would be perfect. Would make making sure models work a shitload easier than using some tweaked client and console

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2011, 12:57:10 pm »
Anyone know of a good directx (.x) model viewer?

This is what I'm using. It's pretty fast and have and intuitive interface - http://www.fragmosoft.com/

« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2011, 12:55:33 pm »
What is progress about models, animations and other stuff 3D?

« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2011, 01:50:53 pm »
When the 3D will be released,we will start a new game?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2011, 02:00:51 pm »
What is progress about models, animations and other stuff 3D?

Check wiki's (in my signature) and the 3D development board latest topics.

When the 3D will be released,we will start a new game?

Yes, wipe is necessary to implement 3D, but it has nothing to do with the following wipe.

« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2011, 03:15:13 pm »
So,my level 10 well armored player will disappear?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2011, 03:32:15 pm »
What? When the 3d files get implented on the server, everyone must start a new character because the game does not know how to  "transform" the 2d character you already use into a 3d one.