Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145752 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2011, 07:53:26 pm »
Zamp, the armors are managed exactly as you explain. There is one base model, a naked character, and the armors go attached to it, they share bones. Then there is a clothing texture that goes painted over the character's skin.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »
Question:

Will some armors include helmet without posbility to replace it?

Offline Gray

« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »
Question:

Will some armors include helmet without posbility to replace it?
MB environmental armor?

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2011, 09:45:53 pm »
But I see that you made helmet for it..

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2011, 12:51:12 am »
The helmet is part of the oxygen system, removing it would imply to take off the tanks on the back, and that would ruin the main purpose of the environmental armor. The rest of the helmets are in a separate layer and can be removed.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2011, 06:49:33 am »
Aha I understand now.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2011, 08:03:17 pm »
The helmet is part of the oxygen system, removing it would imply to take off the tanks on the back, and that would ruin the main purpose of the environmental armor. The rest of the helmets are in a separate layer and can be removed.
The same would be for power armors :<.

I don't like the idea of separating headgear from items which already had it on their sprites (robes, CA, PA), esp. as it will result in tutti frutti where people wear CA helmets to leather jacket or any other ridiculous combination.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2011, 08:07:00 pm »
some armors probably will have the 2 slot perk, that will make them be weareble without the hat

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2011, 08:14:35 pm »
I don't like the idea of separating headgear from items which already had it on their sprites (robes, CA, PA), esp. as it will result in tutti frutti where people wear CA helmets to leather jacket or any other ridiculous combination.

You won't see that. For the same reason that you don't see someone with a BA and a mauser : if you go for high gear, it's totally or it's a waste. Also, this is ugly, so nobody will wear those together if it doesn't look good.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2011, 11:16:16 pm »
You won't see that. For the same reason that you don't see someone with a BA and a mauser : if you go for high gear, it's totally or it's a waste. Also, this is ugly, so nobody will wear those together if it doesn't look good.

Heh you'd be surprised. Maybe not in combat because people want the max out of their equipment, but when people are chilling out at NCR or wherever if they can they will dress stupidly.

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2011, 02:39:37 pm »
I have asked this once before, but is there any news about pixelating (like censored image effect) the 3D models to make them fit more with the 2D environment? Has anyone tried making a shader like this?

3D models look great at the moment, but you can clearly see that they are too smooth. I think this would improve the look a lot.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2011, 02:47:37 pm »
It would be announced, once such feature is done.

« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2011, 08:35:59 am »
correct me if i m wrong.
i know this game not about stuff and kill, hide and seek, but:
is 3d models can be abused like - for example i make texture with 1 color - acid bright green color, then chenge fonline 3d textures in folder (this is not about how to doo that) and then i have item on ground and player models easy to see.
(like stuff at cave, leather armor for example (it can be any 3tier item) is hard to notice on ground. but with this *upgrage* hidden stuff or pc/npc can be noticed not in common way.
for example guy in ba with minigun is more dangerous than guy in leather jacket and spear. then i make textures of more *dangerous* items on player red and *weak* stuff - blue. so simple like name colorizing.

Let the Force be with You.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2011, 09:24:31 am »
I think you're right, as in that would be possible - and I can't think of a way which it could be stopped, unless there was a way of checking certain files when you log in. I'm not sure how much of a problem it would be generally though - I suppose it would decrease the value of "awareness", and I suppose it would save a few seconds in identifying the equipment of an opponent, which is probably quite a lot for people playing in real time.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:33 am »
It's a downside of the engine - to store the most recently used files in the client folder. If it would be possible to store them on the server side, it would affect the prefomace in a bad way (and it require a really good machine and connection). Moreover, as Luther said, you can do this with 3D models, but you can do the same thing (and some more things, such as deleting certain tiles, which prevent you to see some hidden items) with 2D as well. I believe that some feature that's checking at least basic files to stay original have to be added at the later stage of development, because if it wouldn't, some players using this "feature" will get an advantage.