Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145830 times)

We should definitely start thinking about particle effects. As I wrote in another thread - there are few options to handle it. We just have to select one of those.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Gray

Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2011, 09:39:15 am »
Some of them looks so professional, but there are some graphics, that i would replace with oryginal.
No problem. If you will provide us the original 3D models of that items - we shall replace them.
Sorry for that, but they look like plastic toys for lego and should be reworked.
You have forgotten about the in-game zoom. With proper zoom they will looks just as good as all others.
The next thing is animations. I hope that they will not look like sims 1, meybe try to cut fps to look them more "falloutish".
I'm not certain... you want us to decrease animation quality just to make it looks like jerky 10-frames/sec original sprites? Smooth animation is too good for you?
Any plans about muties, ghouls and long haired wastelander?
Try to search along the forum.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2011, 11:32:30 am »
[Text, links, pictures and other stuff here]
Go make some yourself :P However, I can agree about the sledge, it looks like it has no texture at all :P
And what the heck is wrong with the Sniper and Plasma rifle? Constructive critism or your post is as good as nothing. Alright, the plasma rifle looks a little too bland, but as Gray said - in-game zoom is the stuff.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2011, 02:44:38 pm »
You have forgotten about the in-game zoom. With proper zoom they will looks just as good as all others.
They will not, that's why textures deserve some love.
While you won't see any details in game, color and sharpness details will still be obvious at arbitary zoom level. And that's what is going to make difference between good or bad recreation of original game graphics.

Just to be fair, stuff like this: http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/File:Prifle_textured.png is completly fine and looks bad only because it's lacking much needed specular reflection, which has been highly abused in 90s.
On other hand stuff like CAWS and sledgehammer needs quite some love.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Gray

« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »
They will not, that's why textures deserve some love.

Screens made in photoshop (I haven't neither 3D client nor time to make real ones), but it will lookls the same.

« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2011, 04:58:37 pm »
No problem. If you will provide us the original 3D models of that items - we shall replace them.You have forgotten about the in-game zoom. With proper zoom they will looks just as good as all others.I'm not certain... you want us to decrease animation quality just to make it looks like jerky 10-frames/sec original sprites? Smooth animation is too good for you?Try to search along the forum.

1. It seems that i was wrong. I hope that thumbnails will stay oryginal, when the new 3d models will look fine with characters.

3. Yea, this "jerky 10-frames/sec" IS FALLOUTISH

I have a request for someone. Take current 3d walking guy animation. Then cut frames to 15, then cut frames like oryginal fallout - i believe its 10-12 fps and show it all. Maybe im wrong, meybe not, just take a look.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2011, 05:13:15 pm »
I'd prefer the old wonky running animation as well. New one looks too smooth.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2011, 06:04:40 pm »
Progres does not mean replacing a bad ideea with a good ideea, it means replacing a bad ideea with other ideea that is whorst or as bad as the original one, but with something diferent

in this case 3D

Offline Gray

« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2011, 09:54:23 pm »
Yea, this "jerky 10-frames/sec" IS FALLOUTISH
I'm glad that fallout was at least in SVGA mode.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2011, 02:00:45 am »

Screens made in photoshop (I haven't neither 3D client nor time to make real ones), but it will lookls the same.
You've just posted guns I said were ok :> (missing specular, which is more obvious when object is moving or rotating). And note how far from original PA 'textures' are. Try sledgehammer thing.
Reminds me how I had a pause, and was wondering why the game is so choppy, somewhat later I realised it's not fault of my config...
Smooth anims are indeed welcome :<
3. Yea, this "jerky 10-frames/sec" IS FALLOUTISH
So Fallout intro is not "FALLOUTISH", okay...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:08:04 am by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2011, 08:26:20 am »
As far as I know, this stuff is client side. So if someone wants to have 5 frames a minute, it should be possible as well.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:14 pm »
Yes Lexx, you can set it for animations, but sadly it does not affect the model transation in space; that is engine related. However, it only takes some time to get used to the high fps.

Offline zamp

• Huff 'n puff all you want I ain't falling.
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2011, 09:42:10 am »
I'm curious how are the armors set up in the client?
Do all armors have the body included in the model? If so; why?
All you really need to do is make sure armors have the same skeleton and they're weight painted properly.
This way you could just model the armors, weight paint them and that's it. No need to animate the armors themselves since they use the same skeleton = same animation.

Edit: Mod please move this post to the Q&A thread :)
Edit2: Or delete. I downloaded one of the armor models and yup they're separate alright :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:48:02 am by zamp »

« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2011, 03:07:09 pm »
Had a go at the caws but it came out a bit crap, the uv is really distorted which makes texturing it kinda hard. Il try again later.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D