Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145819 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
A) Their characters will be able to cuztimise and pass to 3d?
B) Will stay in 2d in a way to show old players?

After wipe and 3D implementing, the whole player-base will be erased, so no one will be able to play by 2D character anymore.

C) There will be a wipe?

The wipe is necessary to apply that kind of changes, so yes, there will be a wipe before we'll be able to play by 3D characters.

Also i would like to know, cause neither the developers video and the van buren show "gore" deaths, i wanna know if there will be Blood mess death style in 3d

Gore death animations are planned, because our aim is to recreate Fallout in 3D as close as possible to the 2D originals. We even have some test animations. Here you can take a look at them.

P.S. Please next time use this topic if you have any questions about 3D development, instead of creating a separate one.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:26:53 am by Graf »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
P.S. Please next time use this topic if you have any questions about 3D development, instead of creating a separate one.
yes, also have fun in 2D

When will you do blood efects and special deaths?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
there is a problem, our only animator is gone missing, so we need new animators to work the animations out

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
I had a few questions about 3D in Fonline: 2238:

1: When it should be implemented?
2: What programs are used to make the models, ect? (i personally dont have any experience, but might have some friends with)
3: To make things simplier, you coulndt just rip off half of the models from Fallout 3 Tech Demo? (for fallout 3 i mean Van Buren, not bethesda crap)

i think it's everything for now.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Offline Gray

2: What programs are used to make the models, ect? (i personally dont have any experience, but might have some friends with)
3: To make things simplier, you coulndt just rip off half of the models from Fallout 3 Tech Demo? (for fallout 3 i mean Van Buren, not bethesda crap)

1. When everything will be done.
2. 3DS MAX, Wings 3D, Blender, etc.
3. We have them. Most of them are not falloutish enough.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...

The first 2 questions: Use search.
About the 3rd question: See Gray's answer. The models are public for a quite long time now. Deathclaw, desert stalker, ant and maybe some other critters are already from Van Buren in full 3D.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Ok thanks. I've seen ants but i've never met a deathclaw, so i dunno how they look in a falloutish 3d ;D

However, another one: Why dont you add already finished contenent? Like the male PC (from Van Buren, maybe with modifies to use F2 guns)

Actuallly, somewhere i red that in the Tech Demo there's more than wath you play...
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Why dont you add already finished contenent?

Why to add something, that isn't finished yet and doesn't work properly? We still need a few general animations and all gore death animations to make the game look like it was in F1/F2. After that we'll improve existing models, add different body-types (so it would be playable too) and once all done, it could be added into the game.

Offline Haraldx

However, another one: Why dont you add already finished contenent? Like the male PC (from Van Buren, maybe with modifies to use F2 guns)
Those models have missing animations and missing armor models (for example the metal armor and Advanced Power Armor).
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Gray

Those models have missing animations and missing armor models (for example the metal armor and Advanced Power Armor).
Actually, only robe and leather armor are missing for them. I've made all other armors before Karpov appears with his awesome but incompatible animations. I has to adapt that models.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:07:17 pm by Gray »

Offline Haraldx

Actually, only robe and leather armor are missing for them. I've made all other armors before Karpov appears with his awesome but incompatible animations. I has to adapt that models.
Damn, missed out that one >.<

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
The main reason behind the model's incompatibility is the scale: VB models -and skeleton- are smaller, something like 100 times smaller. So using animation for small bones into the big model makes every limb to shrink to the size on the animation, which comes out in the game as an amorphous piece of crumpled paper kind of thing.

I made the FOhuman.fo3d for 1 reason. I did not want to overwrite the VB model, so I could use both at once. So I created that alternative file in which I specify the parameters for my model.

The file that addresses the FOhuman.fo3d is the specific body type, that is, VBMaleStrong.fo3d and VBFemaleNormal.fo3d. The rest of the bodytypes is using the default VBHuman.fo3d.

Hope that helps. And I'm surprised I still remember this  ;D

Is there any way I can get a model in .obj? I want to create one of the armors for the game (and having a currently used .obj would be very helpful), but in the link from this thread I could only get the .X file, and I can't import them in my 3D package.
Even more, I don't know why but I can't use the old DXViewer that I used to use years ago, it can't read any file now :S

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Is there any way I can get a model in .obj?

Here they are: Male and Female . Please note, that if you'll make an armor, later you'll need to reshape it to both genders.