Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145807 times)

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
Hello.

Today I am testing 3D models which are available to download and I have some questions. First, is it possible that models will look more detail in 100% normal look in game? Second, is that possible make models more similar to 2D enviroment? I very like 3D but it is not fit little to enviroment. It's ok but in my opinion models need some fixs.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
is it possible that models will look more detail in 100% normal look in game?
Second, is that possible make models more similar to 2D enviroment?
Both are possible, but not simultaneously. Shaders could be used to make 3D character look pixelated, so it would fit the game better in general, but in that case it would look awful at a close distance (just like it is right now without of 3D).

Offline Surf

• это моё.
but in that case it would look awful at a close distance (just like it is right now without of 3D).

The game is not meant to be played with close zoom in, so that's not an issue. Such a shader will be used later (if someone finds the time to do it :P ).

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Such a shader will be used later (if someone finds the time to do it :P ).

I honestly hope, that no one will find a single minute for it. These models look great as they are now.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Well, shaders are client side. Everyone can use them or not or use a totally different shader.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
I honestly hope, that no one will find a single minute for it. These models look great as they are now.

This is true. But for me a consistent graphical style is more important then some pretty models not fitting into the enviroment. I like the pixelated look.

Offline Gray

I like the pixelated look.
Just switch off anti-aliasing.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
I've never enabled it.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Well, original Fallout critters only have pixelated outlines. Their "inside" is smooth (as smooth as it was possible in 1997).

Offline zamp

• Huff 'n puff all you want I ain't falling.
Both are possible, but not simultaneously. Shaders could be used to make 3D character look pixelated, so it would fit the game better in general, but in that case it would look awful at a close distance (just like it is right now without of 3D).

Youre going at this all wrong. Just disable texture filtering/mipmap and voilá you've got "pixelated" shit all over.. If the 3d part is done with opengl its easy to not enable texture filtering code wise

If the game is done with directx, then well.. You can always get some directx tweak software and disable texture filtering
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:48:27 am by zamp »

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
How can I make 3D better? Can someone make tutorial for it?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Check this topic for more info. Also, this should help.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
Check this topic for more info. Also, this should help.

Not this. I want use fonline options foconfig.cfg or something for make 3D fitter to enviroment.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Not this. I want use fonline options foconfig.cfg or something for make 3D fitter to enviroment.
Answered before on this page. It's isn't implemented, thus not possible now.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:53:18 pm by Graf »

Offline Who

I dont know if this was answered allready:

About all this 3d, the character costumisation i was wondering, what will happen to the existing players...

A) Their characters will be able to cuztimise and pass to 3d?

B) Will stay in 2d in a way to show old players?

C) There will be a wipe?

Also i would like to know, cause neither the developers video and the van buren show "gore" deaths, i wanna know if there will be Blood mess death style in 3d

Ps= im from "tierra de nadie"(spanish), so forgive my bad english
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:36:18 am by Who »