Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145765 times)

Offline lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2011, 07:05:45 am »
Atm there's just some 3D. Rats, ants and desert stalkers are 3D. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:20 am »
This doesn't answer his question.

First, it has been said very often already and can be found all over the forum.

Second, to make it short: Only critters, nothing more.

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2011, 01:49:17 pm »
The game will be made fully 3D.But not anytime sooner.Cuz people wanted 3D critters and weapons they got them.Then they will want 3D eviorments.But until then play Fallout 3 online :D

If I may add....

Why not Lexx?Last time I played Van Burren and tested some maps I saw that almost any kind of building was modelled so if the modells are there why not use them?Maybe not really fully 3D but the buildings atlesat.Cuz 3D players and sprite building's isn't that pretty.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:51:48 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2011, 02:18:19 pm »
The game will be made fully 3D.But not anytime sooner.

No it will not.

Also, no, Van Buren models are incomplete and require still a lot work. Beside this, like it was written already often enough, transforming the whole game into 3d is not what we are aiming for: Keeping the game as close to the original look and feel as possible.

« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2011, 07:12:35 pm »
Oh please Lexx.....Let's just can it for now.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:15:36 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2011, 08:00:50 pm »
Oh please Lexx.....Let's just can it for now.

It wasn't Lexx starting this bullshit with 3d enviroments.

« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2011, 06:28:11 pm »
Hey their,

I'm afraid I'll sound newbish to you but I have a question for you 3D makers.
I already have my own Fonline game running and understand how 3D models are linked to character depending on its items. Here is my question:

- Why are 2238 models screwed when I'm trying to use them ? Looks like their rotations are wrong and size like 1500 times to big. Is their any tutorial about how to use any of them, maybe (probably) I'm doing something wrong.

Best regards, Benjamin.

Offline Aaron Tiger

• No witty personal text remark here, look elsewhere
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2011, 04:43:00 am »
A small question. 3D is not in the Fallout 1 and 2 games. Why are we adding it? It's going to start feeling not at all like the good old classic games.
[INSERT LOLCAT PICTURE HERE]

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2011, 04:44:30 am »
A small question. 3D is not in the Fallout 1 and 2 games. Why are we adding it? It's going to start feeling not at all like the good old classic games.

it's because not all models in the classic fallouts were finished.  But we could not possibly finish it with such little manpower and resources in such a form, therefore we have to change everything to 3D which is 10x easier/faster afaik.  I have no experience in this so I'm just going off from what I've heard.

In classic fallouts the characters and animations are ...  I think some sort of really detailed clay figures, pic by pic taken and put in as your classic animations/models.  Thus you have your Vault dweller model/animations, punk raiders, etc.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:48:17 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2011, 05:57:45 am »
In classic fallouts the characters and animations are ...  I think some sort of really detailed clay figures

Nah. Talking heads were this case, but the character frames were rendered from 3 models. (which are lost like Holy Grail)
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Aaron Tiger

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2011, 06:07:50 am »
it's because not all models in the classic fallouts were finished.  But we could not possibly finish it with such little manpower and resources in such a form, therefore we have to change everything to 3D which is 10x easier/faster afaik.  I have no experience in this so I'm just going off from what I've heard.

In classic fallouts the characters and animations are ...  I think some sort of really detailed clay figures, pic by pic taken and put in as your classic animations/models.  Thus you have your Vault dweller model/animations, punk raiders, etc.

They WERE finished. They are just old, and are crappy in our standards. Doesn't mean we have to get rid of old school fallout. If you want 3D fallout, go play the Bethesda ones (Bethesda rules, not saying they suck.)

To make this post an actual question and not just me being a ranting noob, don't you think there should be an option to switch between the old graphics and the new? You can in Runescape.

If they can do it, we can too! Lol. It'd appeal to nostalgia freaks like me.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2011, 06:19:35 am »
It was explained like 100 times, why we are adding 3d player models: To be able to customize them more easy. Adding helmets, adding new and more clothes, having more variations in color, being able to play as a black colored character, playing a ghoul, playing a super mutant, etc. etc.

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2011, 07:35:20 am »
They WERE finished. They are just old, and are crappy in our standards. Doesn't mean we have to get rid of old school fallout. If you want 3D fallout, go play the Bethesda ones (Bethesda rules, not saying they suck.)

To make this post an actual question and not just me being a ranting noob, don't you think there should be an option to switch between the old graphics and the new? You can in Runescape.

If they can do it, we can too! Lol. It'd appeal to nostalgia freaks like me.

If you don't  want 3D make your own server there is the SDK and the tutorials on how to make it.

Offline Aaron Tiger

« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2011, 07:54:00 am »

If you don't  want 3D make your own server there is the SDK and the tutorials on how to make it.

Isn't that modding?

« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2011, 07:54:38 am »
They WERE finished. They are just old, and are crappy in our standards. Doesn't mean we have to get rid of old school fallout. If you want 3D fallout, go play (...)

Ehhhh.... Again "PRO-OLD SCHOOL-UBER_RP_PLAYER".

FOnline won't have a future. Why? Who will interesting this game next 5-10 years? Nobody. I love orginal Fallout and FOnline but 2D graphics in our time is too old and lots of people don't want playing this game because it "sucks" graphics. They don't know how much fun they can get in FOnline because they don't play because graphics "sucks". We must start update your children, one day we will have new 3D engine with 360 option, fans' models and maybe new world in 3D but it might be IN THE FUTURE - I don't know when, maybe 10-15 years?

First, you should HOST YOUR SERVER and check how 3D looks in gameplay, it's not bad like YOU THINKS. If you don't like it because "IT'S NEW AND SUCK AND I MUST HATING IT" make your server or go other when are 2D jpeg.