Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145953 times)

Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »
But I guess that will require a special mapper yes?
The FOnline engine is based on van buren engines yes?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:10:38 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2011, 10:24:48 pm »
But I guess that will require a special mapper yes?

No

No
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2011, 10:52:52 am »
Actually if we are talking about stuff like full3D world - 360 camera, zooming, camera pitching and such like stuff, then yes, we would need a little upgrade to the engine/mapper.
Where in the hell did you get that information? FOnline engine is based on nothing, it's made from scratch.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2011, 01:45:12 pm »
Been with him on Skype, using screen share, never seen him use it, I've seen him using 3DMax tho... Well, I think it was 3DMax...
cuz i do not have it on my laptop, but i made a small level with UDK to learn the basics

now i sugest to go back to question and answering

« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:45 pm »
Actually if we are talking about stuff like full3D world - 360 camera, zooming, camera pitching and such like stuff, then yes, we would need a little upgrade to the engine/mapper.Where in the hell did you get that information? FOnline engine is based on nothing, it's made from scratch.

I didn't get none from anywhere it was just an question .

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2011, 01:01:42 pm »
Some questions about modelling :

Hats
1) Now we've got a separate slot for these (and separate position in armour tracker), should they have their own separate texture file?
For example, the duster coat I did had the hat and coat on the same texture image - should this be separated and reuploaded?

2) When uploading hats, should we leave them on a "human base model", to make the size / positioning easier to work out?

Base model texture
3) You'd been working on methods to change trousers / skin colour etc by using parts of different textures on the base human model. Are there any guidelines for which parts we should / shouldn't paint over? For example, on the "Gangster suit", the collar (and top of the tie) goes above the neckline of the head :

Does the entire head need to be left blank, and I should therefore make the collar as part of the coat model?
or
Can it be drawn on, as long as it stops at a line of edges on the model, i.e. move the edge to the green or red lines I've marked?.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2011, 04:14:39 pm »
As for me, it's more convenient to have one file and texture for the headwear and another file for the rest of armor. Because it was quite painful to separate headwear from the entire body.
But it's just my opinion. I think that it's better ask Karpov about such things.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »
Luther , as long as the mapping coordinates on the hat stay the same, there is no problem with the texture being part of the coat texture.

Second question, yes please  :). Most of the files I recieve don't use the same scale as my model, so having the body makes it easier for me to match the size, I just scale it up or down to the height of my character, and then delete one of them.

Last question: no, you can't do that  :( . The texture for the head extends to the last edge you see in the mapping coordinates. I made the division there because I wanted a round T-shirt collar, something standard, if you need anything else you should make it part of the model.

If you want to know where exactly these divisions are made, look for the material IDs in the model. When you are selecting faces, there is an option to select those Mat IDs, that will highlight the zone.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:50 pm »
Cool. Cheers for making that all clear. All makes sense.

I'll separate "optional extras" like hats on all future ones, so hopefully it makes it a bit easier for everyone. Unless you've already started rigging the duster coat, I can split them and reupload for you (will be a quick job to do).

I assume the material thing applies on the arms as well - so you've either got "vest" (cut off at top of arm) or "full length sleeve" (cut off at hand) on the base model, but "half sleeves" could be done with a model?

Offline Hasina

• <(^.^<) (>^.^)>
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2011, 11:25:52 pm »
I hope Someone makes Skins look good on Females to, xD
*poke*

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2011, 01:15:46 am »
Sure, skin tones have to be the same for both male and female characters.

Luther, there are 2 sleeve types, short and full.

Check this list I had to make for myself, because it was difficult to remember all the numbers.

0 Short Sleeve
1 Shirt Body
2 Long Sleeve
3 Knee
4 Shoe
5 Hands
6 Briefs
7 Hi-Boot (goes from below the knee to the shoes)
8 Short Pants
9 Head
10 Hi waist (female only, allows you to use high waist pants, like the original sprites)

Those are the subsets. For example if I need a long sleeve shirt, I activate number 0 1 and 2. If I want short pants, 6 and 8. Also I can use number 5 for gloves. The "high boot" subset can have either texture from shoes, to make it look like boots, or texture from pants.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2011, 02:10:45 am »
Excellent. I'll have a look at these. Should set me up nicely for next few models :)

« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2011, 12:23:31 pm »
I can work on female skintones+tattoos later this month when I'll have more spare time. The second thing I need, except free time, is pretty much done basic skin for females.
Cheers.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2011, 06:29:05 pm »
I can work on female skintones+tattoos later this month when I'll have more spare time. The second thing I need, except free time, is pretty much done basic skin for females.
Cheers.
Here you go, the original and my abandoned WIP rendered into the default UV layout.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/82uiut

Offline GEN_Kessler

• The USR needs YOU!
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:59 am »
Is all the game gonna go 3d or just part of it?
-Man, it is huge!
- What? My...
- Your signature, yes.
-> was huge.