Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242851 times)

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #480 on: April 18, 2011, 11:12:15 am »
Will be usable or will be used?
will be useble means that we can chose what skin we will have with no armor

« Reply #481 on: April 18, 2011, 11:40:06 am »
will be useble means that we can chose what skin we will have with no armor

I mean clothing skins. I suppose, hair, complexion, skin colour and possible undeclothes will be adjustable from the start.

Will be usable means if the clothes skin is applicable technically, like by begging from a GM, or stored in SDK game files, but is possible unobtainable by conventional means.
Will be used means if the clothes skin can be obtained by player by conventional means in 2238, like craftable armor.

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #482 on: April 18, 2011, 12:20:45 pm »
GMs will not give any skins anymore (in fact, they shouldn't already now...).

How we will give clothes to players isn't determined yet and I don't see a reason to think about it already, as it's still a long way to go until the stuff is in the game.

« Reply #483 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:07 pm »
GMs will not give any skins anymore (in fact, they shouldn't already now...).

How we will give clothes to players isn't determined yet and I don't see a reason to think about it already, as it's still a long way to go until the stuff is in the game.

I got an idea. Make clothes shop like the barber for example.You go pay to get new haircut its the same principle the only thing is that you get clothes or just make some simple trader that spawns clothes,hats and so on.But ofcourse that will require inventory images.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2011, 02:52:57 pm »
Make clothes shop like the barber for example.
Why? Every type of clothes and armors (except the rare ones, like PA and APA) could be bought from the normal trader. It's just an unnecessary work, while dev's have a lot of more important things to do.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #485 on: April 18, 2011, 07:59:52 pm »
Why? Every type of clothes and armors (except the rare ones, like PA and APA) could be bought from the normal trader. It's just an unnecessary work, while dev's have a lot of more important things to do.
and make them consumeble, like if you use a certan cloth you will use it all the time when you are unarmored till you take other one(including if you die you will remain with that suit)

Offline Aaron Tiger

• No witty personal text remark here, look elsewhere
« Reply #486 on: April 18, 2011, 10:30:36 pm »
I really, REALLY like the way this is going. You guys are doing a +gazillion job. Paying much homage to Van Buren. Keep up the good work ;)
[INSERT LOLCAT PICTURE HERE]

« Reply #487 on: April 27, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »
Update on tire armor it start to looks worse I feel... Still not part of body just an extra object.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #488 on: April 27, 2011, 08:03:23 pm »
I guess you can use this as reference picture, so it would looks more Falloutish:

Anyway, keep up the good work, Jotisz!

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #489 on: May 04, 2011, 09:59:59 pm »
I've found a nice texture for the NCR trooper armor on my PC, but I'm not very good at texturing (unwrapping). So, maybe anyone want to try it?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #490 on: May 04, 2011, 11:02:39 pm »
You found it on your computer or you found it in Fallout: New Vegas? :>

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #491 on: May 05, 2011, 08:52:15 am »
You found it on your computer or you found it in Fallout: New Vegas? :>
Actually it was in a 3D repository folder, so I think Karpov added it there :) Probably he got it from NV, but who knows.

« Reply #492 on: May 05, 2011, 08:55:34 am »
Actually it was in a 3D repository folder, so I think Karpov added it there :) Probably he got it from NV, but who knows.

Or maybe Alvarez finally did it, but who knows, lol.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #493 on: May 05, 2011, 02:06:24 pm »
I've found a nice texture for the NCR trooper armor on my PC, but I'm not very good at texturing (unwrapping). So, maybe anyone want to try it?

Nice texture, "I like it!"

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #494 on: May 05, 2011, 10:05:23 pm »
It looks exactly like the NV one - if it's really new generated one, then good job, if it's directly from NV, then we can't take it.