Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242840 times)

Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #465 on: April 16, 2011, 04:58:47 pm »
Mobster with blue suit, white shirt, red tie, white hat and black shoes. Make me proud, and try to make it still look a bit like the original.
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

« Reply #466 on: April 16, 2011, 05:19:07 pm »
Mobster with blue suit, white shirt, red tie, white hat and black shoes. Make me proud, and try to make it still look a bit like the original.

Let's hope not too much like the original. I'd suggest that all attire ingame has a slightly worn and weathered look (note the crappy stitching and the right shoulder). The F2 mobsters and even the suits that Luther did, great as they are, look very clean fresh out of the 1950s.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »
It's written here.
Oh god, even more Fallout 3/Fallout NV stuff...

Atleast retexturing the CA wasn't a big job, almost nothing was put into that retexture.
Off to make MA and LA variations then.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2011, 09:54:25 pm »
Off to make MA and LA variations then.
Why? We still need these textures for MA and others.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #469 on: April 16, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »
Why? We still need these textures for MA and others.
Uhh... that was exactly what I mean by "variations"
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #470 on: April 17, 2011, 02:39:13 am »
Awesome gangster suits. Are you going to make other colors/more variations of suits?

For now I'll just do this one I think (well, I might quickly to another colour, as it's only really a "hue shift" to change it), but if needed I can do many variations at a later date. After I've done these couple of models, I'll probably upload all the source files (including PSD of textures), so anyone can adjust / adapt the models or recolour them as they wish. Bit of variation never hurt anyone :)

The original mobster is a different human model, whereas these are all "costumes" to fit on the base hero model, so it's more based upon the suggestions from the "new armours / clothes" thread, rather than the mobster model from FO2... although they're obviously similar... if that makes sense? Adjusting the neckline and colouring etc to match that of the mobster coat wouldn't be much trouble though.

Let's hope not too much like the original. I'd suggest that all attire ingame has a slightly worn and weathered look (note the crappy stitching and the right shoulder). The F2 mobsters and even the suits that Luther did, great as they are, look very clean fresh out of the 1950s.

I'm quite of the opinion that all the armours and clothing should be much shittier, but ultimately that's a fundamental design choice for the game, which goes to the devs' decision. It'd be pretty easy to dirty up any of the textures at a later date though, so I don't think it's a major concern at the moment.

Also, personally I think most of the armours and clothing (certainly the ones I've worked on anyway) will probably need to be adjusted or redone at a later date, for the purpose of "making it look right in game". This obviously depends on if anything is done regarding pixellation filters, lighting or "alpha shiny" and such things, but they'll all need adjusting a little anyway - if you photoshop one of these new guys into a screenshot, standing next to a sprite model, it doesn't quite match - and obviously the aim is for it to do so at some point. At the same period of time, we can look at "shittiness" of the clothing. I'd call it "fine tuning" though. We'll probably need to "fine tune" each model several times at a later date, but if we've got the main stuff sorted sooner rather than later, we can discuss all that then.

« Reply #471 on: April 17, 2011, 08:37:25 pm »
We can finally make the ugly mobsters in reno look like normal persons.

Will we get to wear a mobster suit by any chance or atleast something similar?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2011, 09:02:16 pm »
All clothes that are build for NPCs will be usable for players as well.

« Reply #473 on: April 17, 2011, 09:27:33 pm »

Wow awesome ;)

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #474 on: April 17, 2011, 10:20:06 pm »
Mobster all the way.  8)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2011, 10:26:25 pm »

Myron all the way.  8)

« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2011, 11:39:27 pm »
Drugged gasmask killer with black coat and cattle prod all the way ;)

Offline Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #477 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:16 am »
Half-Naked grown by centaurs wild girl from desert all the way  8)
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Offline Aaron Tiger

• No witty personal text remark here, look elsewhere
« Reply #478 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:30 am »
PA and APA looks gay. They don't look as big and bulky as they should. Suggest making the shoulders on both a tad bigger.
[INSERT LOLCAT PICTURE HERE]

« Reply #479 on: April 18, 2011, 11:02:55 am »

Will be usable or will be used?
Wasteland is a tricky business.